Off Topic?

DeletedUser

It is a cool game. My wife got hooked on it a couple months ago.

xinryr

Is it just me or do all adults under 35 play video games nowadays?! It is kind of funny sometimes
icon10.gif
but I could imagine myself doing the same, so not much room to talk.

DeletedUser

The primary demographic for the video game industry has always been in the twenties, so far as I know, but my generation had them accessible from youth onward, just as they started to become popular in homes across the world.

Arcades predate consoles, but with systems like Commadore 64, Atari, and Colecovision in peoples homes in the late seventies, early eighties, we as kids had the opportunity to be around them from an early start. It has become a part of my generation's lifestyle. I know some people that have moved on from them, but by and large, most of my friends over the years still cotninue to play. They just make time for it around their adult lives, like being married and having kids.

But in the end, its all about the individual. Games are not a kid's thing, as it has been typecasted to be so long ago. It is a hobby and a pass time that was created by adults, and enjoyed by all ages.

xinryr

That's true, and my generation will end up a lot worse off. One person said we will be the loser generation after watching our parents and their bad spending habits (my parents don't have that problem luckily :)), then the generation after that will have to fix everything.

I am under the assumption that my generation will be able to at least take a dip into fixing these issues.
icon10.gif

DeletedUser

I am now starting to see a trend where grandparents are getting immersed in game worlds very often. in fact they just had a national news story about a grandma addicted to video games in the U.S..

I started playing Ultima Online in 1999. great game. been trying to find that "next big hit" ever since.

DeletedUser

I am now starting to see a trend where grandparents are getting immersed in game worlds very often. in fact they just had a national news story about a grandma addicted to video games in the U.S..

I started playing Ultima Online in 1999. great game. been trying to find that "next big hit" ever since.

I remember when Ultima Online hit. The idea of a game where people all over the world could play together in a role playing universe on their computers fascinated me! Lol! Now there are countless MMO's flooding the internet. While I never played UO, I have heard that it is phenominal and that even being outdated in the presence of games such as W.O.W and Warhammer, still manages to hold a loyal following even to this day.

DeletedUser22924

the only online game i play now is TW, but i used to play runescape(till i discovered how boring and slow as hell it was)

MR.MR

haha i wasted many an hour doing some menial task on Runescape lol.

DeletedUser22924

haha i wasted many an hour doing some menial task on Runescape lol.

true to that, i once spend 2 hours, gathering something and making into something else to get coins.:icon_cry:

what a waste of my life.

DeletedUser

Yeah, I gave Runescape a few hours and quit after I woke up. Best sleep I'd had in weeks, but I still wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

DeletedUser

games today try to cater to the masses to much, just to make that dollar =(, the best games out there are the ones with a medium pace for gains (experience items skills etc.) with a risk of losing them due to getting killed or whatever. Ultima Online had that and it started to die when they removed that element.

the squeeky wheel gets the oil, is what happened to games =(, I like TW because there is the chance I can lose everything I worked for, and that makes it exciting, Ultima Online had that at one time but it no longer does.

even pvp in other mmo's loses its flavor after a very short while. the only way that can stay appealing is if you keep the pace so fast you dont have time to think. first person shooter games have this effect.

slow games like runescape can only trap the sheep of this world for any definite ammount of time. lucky for the makers of runescape, sheep have money to spend =P.

DeletedUser22924

games today try to cater to the masses to much, just to make that dollar =(, the best games out there are the ones with a medium pace for gains (experience items skills etc.) with a risk of losing them due to getting killed or whatever. Ultima Online had that and it started to die when they removed that element.

the squeeky wheel gets the oil, is what happened to games =(, I like TW because there is the chance I can lose everything I worked for, and that makes it exciting, Ultima Online had that at one time but it no longer does.

even pvp in other mmo's loses its flavor after a very short while. the only way that can stay appealing is if you keep the pace so fast you dont have time to think. first person shooter games have this effect.

slow games like runescape can only trap the sheep of this world for any definite ammount of time. lucky for the makers of runescape, sheep have money to spend =P.

i love shooting games, my favorite one's are GoW2 and CoD4.

though i feel some weird updates ruined Gears of war for me.

MR.MR

Halo Trial for the PC is still my fav... I am a monster.

For console, I do almost 0 online console play as I do not have an internet connection to my 360... but I would have to say Halo3 #1 and CoD4 MW #2...

xinryr

I have a wonderful idea for a video game =)

It started as a book idea but became too shallow (still quite deep by video game standards). Lots of action but a fairly deep storyline and lots of different options.

DeletedUser

I loved making games on Powerpoint :icon_razz: it took me about 3 months to make a game with like 3 levels that each take like 10 seconds to play but I enjoyed it :icon_razz: