On the topic of refugees

DeletedUser

Here's a topic for discussion for you guys. How long doesit need to be between an attackers last attack and the defenders no longer being considered a refugee? I always thought it was 24 hours, but there are those who disagree with me. What about 2,3 or 4 days? What do you guys think.

DeletedUser

It depends on how much it benefits the tribes naming them as refugee's

DeletedUser98628

However much the enemy tribe declares it to be so...

DeletedUser

Doesn't really matter does it? If they are running from a fight then why would anyone want to recruit the refugee.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
The entire concept of refugees is silly.

So long as a recruit tells me they are being attacked and I think they're either a.) able to defend themselves from the attacks, or b.) worth supporting and will benefit the tribe long-term the tribe attacking them can kiss my ass with their refugee claims.

DeletedUser

So long as a recruit tells me they are being attacked and I think they're either a.) able to defend themselves from the attacks, or b.) worth supporting and will benefit the tribe long-term the tribe attacking them can kiss my ass with their refugee claims.

Not really, the whole concept of a refugee is someone looking for protection from a player through a tribe, generally the kind of player you don't want in your tribe. Particularly if they only come running to the tribe, after they've been attacked.

Edit: I guess the bolded kinda covers that part and makes what I said redundant, still though most of the time these refugees won't be of any value to the tribe.

DeletedUser

i agree.running and hiding is one thing but finding another tribe and fighting anyway because the one your in sucks is another!lol

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Not really, the whole concept of a refugee is someone looking for protection from a player through a tribe

In theory, yes. But just as an example. Let's pretend I was tribeless and a family tribe was attacking me. I suspect most tribes I'd apply to would still recruit me and keep me if they had good leaders because I'd be able to fend off the family tribe's attacks with either no help or minimal help and even if I did wind up requiring help I'd help the tribe in the future more than I'd hinder them in the short-term.

DeletedUser

Refugees at this stage of the game are very different than refugees later on, obviously.

I'm with ALIPW - many players stay tribeless until they find the right situation, as opposed to joining the first "hey, joinz my trib plz" email they get.

As a result of that, they may seem vulnerable, and often get attacked. I've been attacked, lost troops, etc. on this world already. But there is a huge difference between being attacked, even cleared, and being nobled - losing troops at this stage slows down growth, certainly, but doesn't make an easy noble target.

A good tribe shouldn't care at this stage of the world if the player has an incoming attack about to land at the time of the invite - if the player can be an asset, such things are merely temporary.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
A good tribe shouldn't care at this stage of the world if the player has an incoming attack about to land at the time of the invite - if the player can be an asset, such things are merely temporary.

I don't necessarily care about the incomings, but I do actually care about whether the person tells me about them.

Someone that applies and tells me right off the bat that they're being attacked and that they feel they can handle their attackers on their own gets a lot more respect from me than someone who "forgets" to mention the attacks until after they've joined.

DeletedUser

Here was the reason for the question i posed. I was under constant attack for about four days from a total of 8 players from three of the top four tribes in m K. In the end i had grown in points, grown in troops and, if millitia was not counted, had illed more of their troops than they had killed of mine. lol. they quit attacking and after two days i applied for a ribe and was accepted. After four days of no atacks one of the tribes dukes put a refugee claim on me and i was dismissed from the tribe. now, another 2-3 days later, still no attackeds from any of the three tribes who were sending their big tough spears to kill me. I recieved an attempted scouting from another tribe and nailed his ass tot he wall ( about to do so again in an hour). In this situation i proved for four days i coulsd beat back the attackers and even made them give up as tey still have not attacked me since my dismissal, but i was kicked as a refugee. I thought it odd is all and thought it would be good to hear some feedback from others.

DeletedUser

In my opinion, all that means is that the duke of the tribe you joined has no balls. He was obviously afraid of the tribes, that you say there was nothing to be afraid of, personally I'd rather not be in a tribe with a duke like that, and in my opinion you're no worse off for not being in it.

DeletedUser

In my opinion, all that means is that the duke of the tribe you joined has no balls. He was obviously afraid of the tribes, that you say there was nothing to be afraid of, personally I'd rather not be in a tribe with a duke like that, and in my opinion you're no worse off for not being in it.

+1.

If the Duke of your tribe is going to dismiss a member on a refugee claim from another tribe without even speaking to the member, that tribe is worthless and doomed to fail in any event. I agree, they are scared - and a tribe is there for the members: to protect them, to work with them, to communicate with them. Seems like your former Duke is hoping to just survive instead of running a tribe.

Find someplace better.