Operation Barb

thelurkingwolf

As some of you have noticed that there has been a sudden increase of high pointed barbs over the past few days. Several more will appear on the radar soon enough. We hope you enjoy the show NN. You truely deserved this.

DeletedUser

people want to change something

by the way, this is only a game and if you leave because you dont have a good tribe that's not our problem

DeletedUser

people want to change something

by the way, this is only a game and if you leave because you dont have a good tribe that's not our problem
Actually, a lot of people left not because they did not have a good tribe, but for other reasons. :p

DeletedUser

As some of you have noticed that there has been a sudden increase of high pointed barbs over the past few days. Several more will appear on the radar soon enough. We hope you enjoy the show NN. You truely deserved this.

I cant say I am the biggest fan of NN, or for those of you who know me, probably know I am not fan of anything (apart from moaning) but this is a completely pointless and rather ignorant announcement.

Just to clarify, you didnt like a decision made by others. You probably didnt get an invite, you quit and hence handed them the game. Its a simple concept to grasp, but by deleting you have handed NN the world. The shake up done exactly what it was intended to do, win the world for the active dedicated cliche of players. You deleting just ment that it was even easier and their decision was even more justified.

Congratz NN on winning the world. I am sure the nay sayers will ask about Grind, but they are merely hollow vessal who make alot of noise but useless.

Soberknight

I cant say I am the biggest fan of NN, or for those of you who know me, probably know I am not fan of anything (apart from moaning) but this is a completely pointless and rather ignorant announcement.

Just to clarify, you didnt like a decision made by others. You probably didnt get an invite, you quit and hence handed them the game. Its a simple concept to grasp, but by deleting you have handed NN the world. The shake up done exactly what it was intended to do, win the world for the active dedicated cliche of players. You deleting just ment that it was even easier and their decision was even more justified.

Congratz NN on winning the world. I am sure the nay sayers will ask about Grind, but they are merely hollow vessal who make alot of noise but useless.

I agree that deleting the account wont make your enemies cry :icon_cool:

Ofcourse at this stage this world is not finished playing. I am sure GRIND will have far more power than you think and dont forget those players who didnot like what happened to their tribe (TLA or Shadow). When those players get organised and work with GRIND this could be the start of a great new war!

If not this world will be nothing but barb nobling for the next few months :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

I agree that deleting the account wont make your enemies cry :icon_cool:

Ofcourse at this stage this world is not finished playing. I am sure GRIND will have far more power than you think and dont forget those players who didnot like what happened to their tribe (TLA or Shadow). When those players get organised and work with GRIND this could be the start of a great new war!

If not this world will be nothing but barb nobling for the next few months :icon_cry:

By the looks of things, them players in TLA and Shadow who didnt like the decision are just giving up, calling it quits. Their logic and thinking is NN wanted them to reorganise and fight NN in this "great new war" but instead they decided to quit in order to deny NN's wishes. By denying NN the final last war, they have just handed them the world, which in their eyes will force NN to quit.

As for Grind having more power than I predict, nope, I really dont see it. Ive seen nothing but poor players. Their more than capable leader quit, their more than capable players are down and out and whats left is a more than average memberlist. Done nothing so far in this world, all the way from Dino they have coasted by on borrowed time.

thelurkingwolf

Actually I did get an invite to NN, i chose to ignore it.

So people choosing to quit instead results in victory for NN? It would be a hollow victory at best, since NN lack the challanges that they so called set out to face.

What alot of people dont realize is that the way NN was created, it has ripped apart loyalty and respect between players, and rather than choosing to fight former comrades, people they respect, they have chosen to delete. Which is a far more honorable way to go.

Take a step back, and think about this, what is the point of creating an 'elite' tribe to fight 'shit' players, for easy gains? how does that even make a world fun?

DeletedUser

Actually I did get an invite to NN, i chose to ignore it.

So people choosing to quit instead results in victory for NN? It would be a hollow victory at best, since NN lack the challanges that they so called set out to face.

What alot of people dont realize is that the way NN was created, it has ripped apart loyalty and respect between players, and rather than choosing to fight former comrades, people they respect, they have chosen to delete. Which is a far more honorable way to go.

Take a step back, and think about this, what is the point of creating an 'elite' tribe to fight 'shit' players, for easy gains? how does that even make a world fun?

Well then your friends must have not got an invite, does not change my point.

Yep, people choosing to quit results in a victory for NN. Being the best tribe on a world, with no competition is a victory. I dont see how a lack of challeneges makes the victory any worse. The easy victory was handed to NN by the players quitting, it was out of NN's control so no reason why they should be down.

I am well aware of the manner in which NN was created. I also agree that ripping the loyalty of players apart put a lot of players in a sticky situation. However, if you felt it was a poor show in the players leaving for NN, why not fight them? They obviously have no loyalty to you, why show them curiosity. People forget that they left to fight your friends, not picking a side just means that you and your friends lose.

As for your last point, I whole heartily agree. As I said, I am not a fan of NN's ideology for the exact reason you stated (despite being great friends with a lot of there members). That is here nor there though. You to complain about them, yet have handed them the world.

DeletedUser

By the looks of things, them players in TLA and Shadow who didnt like the decision are just giving up, calling it quits. Their logic and thinking is NN wanted them to reorganise and fight NN in this "great new war" but instead they decided to quit in order to deny NN's wishes. By denying NN the final last war, they have just handed them the world, which in their eyes will force NN to quit.

By doing this they have given the ego's that came up with this truly aweful idea a shallow victory. Take 90 of the worlds best players in one tribe and what do you leave in the rest of it?

You tear out the leadership in two tribes that controlled 2/3rds of the world, the ones that organised, so now you have all of those people in one tribe, what are you left with?

My arguement from the start of this idea was that a full tribe would leave no challenge, people would delete because they knew in their hearts they could not win, they also (as in my case) would not fight former tribe mates.
If it was going to be done then it should have been in the model of NME, 2 or so players per K, and a tight knit group. Not invite all the more active players in each tribe and then feed on the rest.

All you are now left with is a bunch of hyena's feeding on carcases, and cackling. They will scream Woootttttt i just killed this noob, over and over and over again. Or as is will be happening, w0000t i got ODA from nuking that barb....

From what i have seen of this new tribe, arrogance levels are beyond even that which the original DSL could have ever claimed to have reached and so i am glad i have no part in it.

Original idea 6/10
Execution 0/10

[spoil]Apologies for the wall of text[/spoil]

Jobetopia

As for Grind having more power than I predict, nope, I really dont see it. Ive seen nothing but poor players. Their more than capable leader quit, their more than capable players are down and out and whats left is a more than average memberlist. Done nothing so far in this world, all the way from Dino they have coasted by on borrowed time.

How lovely and forthright your opinions are Ebbs.

I think the reason alot of players are leaving is betrayel - pure and simple. NN may be the new super leet tribe, but it was born by plunging the knife into the back of two tribes - Shadow and TLA. The players that were left there for not being considered "Leet" enough, or who chose not to abandon there Tribemates felt betrayed and abandoned by people they trusted, and for them it has ruined there game experience - they simply dont have the will or desire to carry on.

Now im not saying what NN did was right or wrong, I think we can see from the wave of quittings that alot of people have made there own judgement on this - and I do sympathise with there position. However, quitting is a simple statement of disgust for the manuvres that created NN.

NN's avowed goal is to fight everyone so they can have "fun", the people who dont want to fight former friends or people they trusted, or who dont have the will to carry on, or just plain dont like NN are quitting for one simple reason, not to hand NN the world, but to ensure that NN dont enjoy taking the world. Its a kind of passive resistance, or a statement of disgust. After all, how much "Fun" will the super Leet of NN have taking on a Sea of Barbs?

Sure, if the whole world quits - they have won - but its a fairly pyrric victory, as they would have won not by force of arms, but just because people dont like what they are, or what they are trying to achieve - so they have excised there right to Barb Protest. - Leaving the "Leet" NN members all dressed up with nowhere to go - NN ruined there fun in the game, by quitting they are returning the favour.

Thats just my opinion, not saying its right or wrong, but I do see the logic behind there decisions. Either way, hats off to NN, ive had more than 1 player, from tribes all across the world tell me that NN has killed the world, and they did it without firing a single nuke.

As for your opinions on Grind, I will conceed that unlike Shadow (in its various incarnations) Grind is a young tribe, its players have not fought on many different worlds before, it does not have access to an inexhaustable supply of old world players to fill its ranks and take over old accounts, we are not filled with moderaters and co-players. Its ranks hold many players, good, average and bad, its a Tribe - not a created entity of the "Super Leet". One thing it does have, is Heart.

Its still here, it has ridden through Gangbang and Political machinations, its players have not quit the Tribe or accepted invites from NN or Shadow. The leadership may not have always made the best decisions, for example, they sided with DSL way back when they should have joined the other Tribes fighting it, but they have tried to do whats best for the Tribe as a whole rather than leave there Tribe behind.

So yes, ill fight alongside my "average" fellow members with pride, they are my Tribe, and my friends - wether we will win or not I dont know, but either way, I will have fun fighting with people I like and respect with a clear conscience for as long as they want to play. And if we can throw a spanner in the works for the new "Super Leet" of World 29 all the better.

If not, and it all goes to crap - well enjoy the pyrric victory NN.

DeletedUser

From what i have seen of this new tribe, arrogance levels are beyond even that which the original DSL could have ever claimed to have reached and so i am glad i have no part in it.

Examples or I'm quite honestly going to say you're full of it.

Everyone in this thread has put quite a lot of words into NN's mouth, while we've had virtually zero presence anywhere. I'm rather surprised by it.

Well, not really.

Soberknight

Well then your friends must have not got an invite, does not change my point.

Yep, people choosing to quit results in a victory for NN. Being the best tribe on a world, with no competition is a victory. I dont see how a lack of challeneges makes the victory any worse. The easy victory was handed to NN by the players quitting, it was out of NN's control so no reason why they should be down.

I am well aware of the manner in which NN was created. I also agree that ripping the loyalty of players apart put a lot of players in a sticky situation. However, if you felt it was a poor show in the players leaving for NN, why not fight them? They obviously have no loyalty to you, why show them curiosity. People forget that they left to fight your friends, not picking a side just means that you and your friends lose.

As for your last point, I whole heartily agree. As I said, I am not a fan of NN's ideology for the exact reason you stated (despite being great friends with a lot of there members). That is here nor there though. You to complain about them, yet have handed them the world.

You forgot to answer this question in the mail. I personally felt this could be the heart of the matter:

I have no opinion on how to react to such an event as happened in this world, but if i wouldnt have fun playing this world because of it, i would consider leaving. And after i left, i wouldnt care less about who ruled this world but just be glad i wasnot taking part in it anymore.

On the other hand i could also appreciate if all those players who feel like Mason work together and give NN value for their money :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

By doing this they have given the ego's that came up with this truly aweful idea a shallow victory. Take 90 of the worlds best players in one tribe and what do you leave in the rest of it?

You tear out the leadership in two tribes that controlled 2/3rds of the world, the ones that organised, so now you have all of those people in one tribe, what are you left with?

My arguement from the start of this idea was that a full tribe would leave no challenge, people would delete because they knew in their hearts they could not win, they also (as in my case) would not fight former tribe mates.
If it was going to be done then it should have been in the model of NME, 2 or so players per K, and a tight knit group. Not invite all the more active players in each tribe and then feed on the rest.

All you are now left with is a bunch of hyena's feeding on carcases, and cackling. They will scream Woootttttt i just killed this noob, over and over and over again. Or as is will be happening, w0000t i got ODA from nuking that barb....

Original idea 6/10
Execution 0/10

[spoil]Apologies for the wall of text[/spoil]

Once again, its not a shallow victory. They won the world, TLA and Shadow had won the world long before. This is a war game, for those of you who have forgot. In a war would you rather a shallow victory (staying alive and defeating the enemy) or a loss (death)? Because it seems many have chosen death. If you look at many civil wars, it was brother against brother on the battle field. They wanted to kill you, but you folded, surely I would rather my own life than damaging the ego of my foe.

And once again, I do agree, and I will say it for a third time, this idea was never going to make the world interesting. I could hardly pick 45 good players from either Shadow or TLA, the rest are inactives or self centered players. So essentially it is attacking players who shouldnt have been in either tribe in the first place.

As for inflated egos, I know that is not true for either Kim or Kat but lets say it is for their members. They think they are the best, well I am sorry to inform you but they ARE the best players in the world. Your argument is based on the fact that these players are indeed the best on the world. I rather think an ego is thinking you are better than you actually are. But these players know they are the best on this world, not arrogant or egotistical but instead realistic.

thelurkingwolf

Examples or I'm quite honestly going to say you're full of it.

Everyone in this thread has put quite a lot of words into NN's mouth, while we've had virtually zero presence anywhere. I'm rather surprised by it.

Well, not really.

Hmm examples eh? Maybe you should take a look at your very own skype chat room. Loads of arrogance is being shown there

Soberknight

Once again, its not a shallow victory. They won the world, TLA and Shadow had won the world long before. This is a war game, for those of you who have forgot. In a war would you rather a shallow victory (staying alive and defeating the enemy) or a loss (death)? Because it seems many have chosen death. If you look at many civil wars, it was brother against brother on the battle field. They wanted to kill you, but you folded, surely I would rather my own life than damaging the ego of my foe.

And once again, I do agree, and I will say it for a third time, this idea was never going to make the world interesting. I could hardly pick 45 good players from either Shadow or TLA, the rest are inactives or self centered players. So essentially it is attacking players who shouldnt have been in either tribe in the first place.

As for inflated egos, I know that is not true for either Kim or Kat but lets say it is for their members. They think they are the best, well I am sorry to inform you but they ARE the best players in the world. Your argument is based on the fact that these players are indeed the best on the world. I rather think an ego is thinking you are better than you actually are. But these players know they are the best on this world, not arrogant or egotistical but instead realistic.

I could name at least 4 players who could be considered more elite than the top10 in NN, without insulting those players. And if those players are truly the best in the world, why would they join in 1 tribe, and not fight eachother? As Mason said before: where is the fun in that?

DeletedUser

Hmm examples eh? Maybe you should take a look at your very own skype chat room. Loads of arrogance is being shown there

Examples, please.

95% of the chat in our room has nothing to do with world 29 whatsoever, it's kind of funny...Also don't see anything in our forums at all either. Or the publics, either.

So please, wave them in our faces. Surely the examples are enough to write a book if we're the most arrogant tribe ever. ^^

DeletedUser

How lovely and forthright your opinions are Ebbs.

I think the reason alot of players are leaving is betrayel - pure and simple. NN may be the new super leet tribe, but it was born by plunging the knife into the back of two tribes - Shadow and TLA. The players that were left there for not being considered "Leet" enough, or who chose not to abandon there Tribemates felt betrayed and abandoned by people they trusted, and for them it has ruined there game experience - they simply dont have the will or desire to carry on.

Now im not saying what NN did was right or wrong, I think we can see from the wave of quittings that alot of people have made there own judgement on this - and I do sympathise with there position. However, quitting is a simple statement of disgust for the manuvres that created NN.

NN's avowed goal is to fight everyone so they can have "fun", the people who dont want to fight former friends or people they trusted, or who dont have the will to carry on, or just plain dont like NN are quitting for one simple reason, not to hand NN the world, but to ensure that NN dont enjoy taking the world. Its a kind of passive resistance, or a statement of disgust. After all, how much "Fun" will the super Leet of NN have taking on a Sea of Barbs?

Sure, if the whole world quits - they have won - but its a fairly pyrric victory, as they would have won not by force of arms, but just because people dont like what they are, or what they are trying to achieve - so they have excised there right to Barb Protest. - Leaving the "Leet" NN members all dressed up with nowhere to go - NN ruined there fun in the game, by quitting they are returning the favour.

Thats just my opinion, not saying its right or wrong, but I do see the logic behind there decisions. Either way, hats off to NN, ive had more than 1 player, from tribes all across the world tell me that NN has killed the world, and they did it without firing a single nuke.

As for your opinions on Grind, I will conceed that unlike Shadow (in its various incarnations) Grind is a young tribe, its players have not fought on many different worlds before, it does not have access to an inexhaustable supply of old world players to fill its ranks and take over old accounts, we are not filled with moderaters and co-players. Its ranks hold many players, good, average and bad, its a Tribe - not a created entity of the "Super Leet". One thing it does have, is Heart.

Its still here, it has ridden through Gangbang and Political machinations, its players have not quit the Tribe or accepted invites from NN or Shadow. The leadership may not have always made the best decisions, for example, they sided with DSL way back when they should have joined the other Tribes fighting it, but they have tried to do whats best for the Tribe as a whole rather than leave there Tribe behind.

So yes, ill fight alongside my "average" fellow members with pride, they are my Tribe, and my friends - wether we will win or not I dont know, but either way, I will have fun fighting with people I like and respect with a clear conscience for as long as they want to play. And if we can throw a spanner in the works for the new "Super Leet" of World 29 all the better.

If not, and it all goes to crap - well enjoy the pyrric victory NN.

Jobe this is a great post. I think you are fairly well dead on. As for those quitting the world I understand that, however some will not rollover so easily and will fight to the end regardless of the outcome.

Jobetopia

No they are a collection of some of the best players on this world, who have banded together into what they consider a super tribe.

There are other Great Players on this world, some, like Dallock and Damageboi have decided to quit, because they have seen the heart ripped out of the Tribes they loved. Others like Panther and Woods have reformed, creating there own Tribe, which consists of Great players and some of the good friends they have made in the last 18 months of this game. Some still reside in Grind, having turned down there invites and deciding to stay and fight with there friends.

NN's strength is the fact that it has created a tribe of 100% Active good players, something that probablly has not been seen on this world since the original premades hit it 18 months ago. And thats essentially what NN is - its a premade, its just entered the game with all its members having a few Million Points to play with.

They may well win, and happily shout there victories accross the forums, but essentially I (like many others) will consider there victories to be faily pyrric. They may take out whats left of TLA, they may strike down upon TDP with furious vengence and say "Yay, were the best" - But personally even if they lose, I will have more respect for there opponents - they may not be leet, or the best, but they will be fighting for friends they would not desert.

They are a late game premade at the end of the day. Good and active, but have left alot of damage behind them.

DeletedUser

Ive address all these points before, jobe, but I will address them again...in short.

[spoil]I think the reason alot of players are leaving is betrayel - pure and simple. NN may be the new super leet tribe, but it was born by plunging the knife into the back of two tribes - Shadow and TLA. The players that were left there for not being considered "Leet" enough, or who chose not to abandon there Tribemates felt betrayed and abandoned by people they trusted, and for them it has ruined there game experience - they simply dont have the will or desire to carry on. [/spoil]

If your brother betrayed you and stabbed you in the back, would you turn around and fight or lay down like a dog and die? I would sure as hell feel betrayed and abandoned but I would certainly want to fight. To prove a point, to prove them wrong.

[spoil]Now im not saying what NN did was right or wrong, I think we can see from the wave of quittings that alot of people have made there own judgement on this - and I do sympathise with there position. However, quitting is a simple statement of disgust for the manuvres that created NN.[/spoil]

Nor am I. Morally and ethically, was it right? Thats up to the person. Did it win the world for them, did it complete the objective of any game, yes, yes it did.

[spoil]NN's avowed goal is to fight everyone so they can have "fun", the people who dont want to fight former friends or people they trusted, or who dont have the will to carry on, or just plain dont like NN are quitting for one simple reason, not to hand NN the world, but to ensure that NN dont enjoy taking the world. Its a kind of passive resistance, or a statement of disgust. After all, how much "Fun" will the super Leet of NN have taking on a Sea of Barbs?

Thats just my opinion, not saying its right or wrong, but I do see the logic behind there decisions. Either way, hats off to NN, ive had more than 1 player, from tribes all across the world tell me that NN has killed the world, and they did it without firing a single nuke.[/spoil]

I will bring it back to the brother senario as I believe its fitting with civil war and all that. Once again, taking the "fun" from a kill is still dying. If I was NN and Kim/kat, I would be delighted I won the world. People are laying down at their feet, throwing their villages to them as their ability is to much. Passive resistance is only used when one is faced with defeat and has exhausted all hope.

My hat too is off. Not only winning the world, but leaving the enemy to just delete after staring in the face of defeat. Perfect win.

[spoil]As for your opinions on Grind, I will conceed that unlike Shadow (in its various incarnations) Grind is a young tribe, its players have not fought on many different worlds before, it does not have access to an inexhaustable supply of old world players to fill its ranks and take over old accounts, we are not filled with moderaters and co-players. Its ranks hold many players, good, average and bad, its a Tribe - not a created entity of the "Super Leet". One thing it does have, is Heart.

So yes, ill fight alongside my "average" fellow members with pride, they are my Tribe, and my friends - wether we will win or not I dont know, but either way, I will have fun fighting with people I like and respect with a clear conscience for as long as they want to play. And if we can throw a spanner in the works for the new "Super Leet" of World 29 all the better.[/spoil]

A rather long winded way of agreeing with my point. In short, the membership are not as good as that of NN/DSL/whoever, they do not have the same resources, and their leaders made poor decisions in the past ultimiatly leading to their downfall. While I dont agree with the last point, it wasnt mine to make. But as you said, my point was correct.

You forgot to answer this question in the mail. I personally felt this could be the heart of the matter:

I did, multiple times. "I am not a fan of NN's ideology" as "this idea was never going to make the world interesting. "