Overused tribe names?

DeletedUser91842

AOL are in this world. I think I have seen them in quite alot of worlds. Or I might be wrong.

DeletedUser

--- All figures based on last night's download of the Tribes list, some may have changed since then. If they use special characters in the tag, it's harder to work out what's going on, since the API converts to encoding, so some of the tags are missing :-(

New World

There are 9 tribes with the word 'world' in their name. In order of foundation, they are:

- World Domination (WD)
- World By Storm (WBS)
- World 59 (W59)
- underworldkings (u.k)
- New World (WORLD)
- Destroyers of World 50 (DOW59)
- The World (~TW~)
- Worlds End (TheEnd)
- United Nations world 59 (UN59)

The closest match to 'New World Order' is, obviously, New World...

Assassins

There are 7 tribes with the word 'Assassin' in them. Again, in order of foundation:

- Assassins of Death (AOD)
- Fraternity of Assassins (~FOA~)
- The Assassins (???)
- Assassins Brotherhood (???)
- The Assassin Brotherhood (???)
- Archetype of Assassins (???)
- Assassins (ASSN)

Death

This appears to be the most overused as far as I can tell, with no fewer than 24 tribes using the word in their name. Again, in order of creation.

- Assassins of Death (AOD)
- Tempest of Death (DEATH)
- Messengers of Death (MOD)
- Death Dealers Club
- Death Kills
- Lords of Death (DIE)
- =-Death Angels-= (-DA)
- Death Wish (-DW-)
- Death Inc. (Di.)
- Angels of Death
- Death Factor
- Death~Note (DN)
- Death Kills Academy
- Descendants of Death (-DoD-)
- The Black Death
- Angles of Death (DIE) [Which has to win points for the pun]
- ackilious death
- DEATH EATERS (To War)
- Squad of Death (SoD)
- xXBlack DeathXx (blackX)
- Life or Death (LOD)
- Black Death (BDE)
- Death Project
- Death sentancers
-

Rather disappointed that there isn't a "Cake Or Death". I'm also wondering if "Destroyers of World 50 (DOW59)" Missed a memo somewhere along the line...

DeletedUser

Actually even if that name haven't been used before, I think it should be punishable to choose such name.

haha i think the tribe that names that would get the most fun by getting attacked by haters :p

netjakdim

It's very hard nowadays to make a tribe name that's original and doesn't sound extremely bad/funny :icon_razz:.

No it is not sir, Shave It was very original as well as funny but it had to change its name becuase it was so original :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

I see we have another vvv (Veni Vidi Vici)

Personally I think this is the most overused ever.

lol, while thinking of what our premade's name, tag, ect. would be, after deciding, "Venimus Vidimus Vicimus" seemed like a great sig for our diplomatic mails, and we have used it ever since! XDXDXD. is it really widely used? if so, we may have to change that!

DeletedUser

Done. If the results are good, I guess it'll go in the funny mails thread. XD