Pacman under DaB out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Hi all.

For those who don't know me, I'm Googly (that person who keeps being mentioned on this thread for whatever reasons).

I haven't posted at all on this thread and had originally had no plan to do so, but it seems my name is yet again being dragged through the mud. So I will make a single post to clarify a few things, as there have been a lot of people posting mis-informed or butthurt comments relating to me.

This will be a very long read, so unless you are truly interested I wouldn't bother reading it. The history begins back in original Pacman, W58.

Pacman History.
[SPOIL]I was put on Lucaya account, W58 in Pacman - purely to defend it. Dabearo was doing alright there as a leader, he seemed alright at the time. I missed a lot of the startup part of the game, so I don't know about his early-game diplomacy on that world and I will not comment on what I do not know.

What I do know, is that Dabearo decided to ditch the tribe (stopped logging in ingame, on skype, but kept using the public forums). After a few days of us having no duke, being the helpful person I am I contacted Dabearo and offered to step up as a temp duke (fully aware that he was just ditching the tribe due to the huge inactivity he had allowed to build up without dealing with it). He agreed willingly, and then decided to come back a week later to end the tribe.

My point? He has a history of giving up quite quickly on premades he sets up. He has a history of ignoring issues despite how obvious it is that if they don't get dealt with it will kill the tribe.

Despite that, I thought Dabearo deserved another chance, as I hadn't been in Pacman properly during his most active period. So I agreed to stay on for No Hauls.[/SPOIL]

Pre Pacman Joining.
[SPOIL]Prior to the world starting, Dabearo had a lot of characters who were rather abusive to people in the tribe. The one I will mention is Silver, aka Gorth. This person should never have been recruited, put simply. Approximately 20% of the tribe had issues with him since before Pacman. Why, you may ask? For tormenting a young female TW player in skype chats for weeks on end. Degrading her, treating her like vermin. All for the simple reason of his own personal gratification. If you want skype logs to view this (this is indisputable fact), 7 Trolls has a vast collection of them.

Now, Dabearo and Gorth go way back. Unfortunately, this meant that early on, every person Dabearo saw arguing with Silver (despite Silver usually being the main person responsible for these early-on arguments), got dismissed. Of the 3 people I am talking about currently:
-1 got blocked and didn't get told why he was dismissed
-1 got dismissed purely for being friends with that person (despite not having done anything wrong)
-1 never got told why he was dismissed and was ignored when he asked

These 3 individuals were players who were friends with some Pacman members already, and I personally approached Dabearo about it. He made false promises to me of being willing to talk to them and resolve the issues at hand. He effectively began lying to me after mis-treating 3 of my friends, to make life easier for him. Taking the "easy" option and saying merely what he felt people wanted to hear, never actually going through with his words. The issues began to arise from this - both the treatment of Pacman members, and the lying to Pacman members.

Arguments between myself and Gorth started around this time (previous arguments were when he was attempting to have people he didn't like kicked out of Pacman and I stood up for them). The arguments were started by both of us, and I accept some responsibility for picking fights with someone who had been cyber-bullying a very close friend of mine, who I am very protective of, for weeks prior to Pacman joining the world.[/SPOIL]

As Pacman Joined - Diplomacy Conversations
[SPOIL]There were lengthy discussions in the tribe chat about diplomacy as we joined W65. This is a very crucial thing that people should pay particular attention to, as the results will not only be mentioned later, but also are plastered over the forum.

Dabearo was made aware by myself and others that we didn't want to be in a tribe where diplomacy was made with the plan to backstab the diplomacy. A number of us in Pacman have led successful tribes/premades from start-up through to near world wins/actual world wins, without any shady/backstabbing diplomacy at all. And we didn't want to be a part of a tribe who uses these methods.

Dabearo agreed to us that he would not do temporary diplo he planned to break, when he realized a number of people in the tribe hate that type of tactic.[/SPOIL]

As Pacman Joined - Recruitment Issues
[SPOIL]Dabearo made Kalkoenvet the recruiting officer.
A good choice?
Well, a number of us didn't think so.
Why did we think this?
1. Because he acted very arrogantly in the tribe chat most of the time we'd seen him speak.
2. Because he'd posted up recruitment suggestions about people who applied who were up to 2 continents away without bothering to check locations first.
3. Because when a certain person posted a sarcastic comment merely saying "learn to use a spoiler (facepalm)" on the tribal forum, the rather vulgar "c" word got used in response, and demonstrated a complete lack of leadership professionality. This sparked a lot of people to highlight how childish and rude he was being when the fairly reasonable offense to the post got taken. And how did it get dealt with? Everybody who said he was being unnecessarily rude and childish got brandished with a tag:

"They must be Googly's friends posting, and so their views are meaningless in Pacman".

Quotes of Dabearo labelling people as this and also saying their views are worthless due to being my friends (and so unable to think for themselves), I and many others will happily provide. One such quote is in a mail Dabearo sent the whole tribe, which is in this post a little further down.

This one move by Dabearo, putting the blame on myself as opposed to looking at what actually happened (he had a printscreen of the thread from me as I suspected - correctly it turned out - that Kalk would delete this thread to avoid getting in trouble) caused a tribe rift. A number of us no longer wanted to be in a chatroom with Kalk or Gorth, and so a new one, a side chat, got created at this point in time. Because of Gorth, because of Kalk. But mostly, because of Dabearo's appalling leadership up until this point in time. Dabearo then went on to say a week later that by us creating this chat we were trying to split the tribe, ignoring who caused us to take that action.

Now, this isn't the end of the recruitment issues. Oh no. Dabearo made the decision to have it publicly available to all Pacman members who were and weren't being considered for the tribe. So everybody could have a say. He then went and invited a number of accounts going against his own protocol set. Nobody had an issue with them joining, just the secrecy he'd gone about it in after making it clear he wanted to be open with the tribe. It could have been "behind the scenes" leadership, or "open" leadership. Doing both at the same time caused a great deal of confusion and made the recruitment officer he had in place look like a complete tool.

Oh and then recruiting Harlos (the cause of Pacman members leaving/being dismissed and forming a new tribe) when the player is approximately 3/4 of a K away from Pacman. Obviously a great move on Dabearo's part, picking up a player who when Dabearo left caused a lot of drama and managed to split the tribe within a few hours of forcing himself on us as the duke, despite everybody wanting to just work towards fixing the tribe?[/SPOIL]

Pacman - Diplomacy Issues
[SPOIL]I hope the promise Dabearo made about no shady diplomacy being made is still fresh in your minds?

Well, there's a very simple thing I have to say. Nebular. EDEN. Muffin. Care X. All of these NAPs were set up with the sole purpose of attacking as soon as we were in position to do so. And of these, Nebular and EDEN got attacked by the tribe because nobody knew Dabearo had been doing this backstabbing diplomacy deals behind the scenes. He knew a lot of us would be pissed off if he did it, but he went ahead, did it anyway and then the tribe looked awful diplomatically because of our leader.

Muffin had been going from "enemy to prep for" to "ally" to "enemy to prep for" to "get ready to merge" - continuous contrasting views which made a number of people in Pacman feel Dabearo was lying to us and setting some of us up for a fall for a long time.

Care X NAP was set up with an original plan in mind to launch on the local players as soon as nobles came out.

A lot of Pacman members were disliking this diplomatic stuff going on behind the scenes.[/SPOIL]

Pacman - Setting up the ScapeGoat
[SPOIL]Pacman was not very good at communication.
I say Pacman. I mean Dabearo.

Dabearo had not told anybody about EDEN NAP. He also gave permission for us to attack them. So, that happened. And some people needed support due to the EDEN threat, myself included. I got support, and then came down with something that required me to have a hospital visit. I told Dabearo I would be away for 24 hours. In that time, he'd decided to tell the tribe to pull support from me. I returned, saw a lot of people pulling support and so I sent a simple mail. A sarcastic mail thanking the tribe for pulling support.

At this point, Dabearo put all blame on me for this.
Apparently what I did wrong was as follows:
1. Expecting support to stay any length of time (despite the request highlighting it would need to stay a few days).
2. Expecting Dabearo to tell me if relations with Eden improved (he never told the account, just assumed I would know automatically).
3. Expecting Dabearo to have people tell us first if they were going to pull support (I got hit 24 hours after this incident, to highlight the fact that the support *was* still needed).
4. Being annoyed and reacting to trolls in the tribal chat who were attempting to wind me up for the incident.

Now, notice that all of this stemmed from Dabearo never once informing the people who actually needed information.

At this point, Dabearo had long made up his mind that as Gorth wanted me to be removed from the tribe, he had to set something up. So he began telling me to do stupid things. Firstly, launch on someone who was quite clearly a very talented player without any preparation (co-ordination between myself and LGtwins managed to salvage what should have been my account being rimmed). Secondly, telling me to sit back and do nothing whilst the tribe sets up to "war" Muffin.

Now, Muffin was a merge plan. And Dabearo's way of getting rid of myself (and everybody he's labelled as my friend due to his wanting to avoid dealing with actual problems in the tribe), was to secretly plan a merge which forced a group of Pacman members out of the merge. Which is what Harlos and Kalkoenvet have been continuing to work on, and which sparked Agency to form on w65.

Oh, I missed the key part. A circular mail from Dabearo trying to turn the whole tribe against me.

[SPOIL]
DaBearo Oct 07,2012 15:25
Relatively long circular mail. (all very petty really)

Involves Googly side and the other side...

w58 Pacman - Googly played in the tribe, everything was fine, got on with Googly like a house on fire. Great guy, thought wow what a guy to have around in the tribe - didn't cause any problems ever.

...this world was a bit different.

Regarding the 'Sarcastic circ of Googly' (this is not bias):

[spoil]- Googly tells me he's away for 48 hours.
- I go ok mate see you soon then.
- I talk to xCal (Silently Screaming co-player) about whether the acc still needs all of the troops in the village. He says no.
- I sort the situation with EDEN out, they offer a temporary NAP, I oblige - Silently no longer needs support.
- Lucaya receives cat incomings - I tell him to withdraw.
- I tell a few others to withdraw as there are others in vulnerable positions.
- Googly logs into acc about 12 hrs into when he said he would be (I haven't talked to him yet about this).
- Googly sees support withdrawn.
- Googly calls players in tribe 'w*nkers' for withdrawing and sends out circ to whole tribe about how rude it was.
- Arguments arise over this.
[/spoil]

Wow, this is all very stupid I think, I spend hours a day sorting disputes out within the tribe and it all starts over little misunderstandings like this.

Googly, I know you have friends from previous worlds who have joined the world with you. They will obviously have seen your side of the argument and in a way I'm sure it has been a little bias. I'm not saying that you're fully in the wrong here but you most certainly did start it purely because of not being around at the time to receive certain knowledge of what was happening regarding the support.

There has been however a few people who responded to the mail which in a way is fair enough as the circular sarcastically thanked them for pulling their D out. Again, I told them to withdraw. So in a way that was very rude. I know a certain few haven't aided the situation (they know who they are) but then again they were prompted.

Yesterday, the tribe got on fine, there were no disputes for me to sort out. Not saying that's down to anyone but it is a little suggestive. So story again:

[spoil]- Everything is fine 12 ST 07/10/12.
- Googly logs in posts unneeded thread regarding 'Communication' which basically brings everything up again... Very petty, not needed, disrupts harmony once again.
[/spoil]

I don't like pointing fingers at people but in this situation I see a few people in the wrong but this should never have happened.

Going back to this... I have never had problems with Googly before (w58 Pacman) however Googly, this world I have found it very difficult to lead you. I have no idea why (whether it's the players I've brought in or whether you've grown a stronger opinion over the last year), I don't know but what I do know is that all I see once you've logged on TW, is another mail criticizing the tribe. I won't tolerate that anymore, if you don't think you can get on with the tribe like everyone else seems to be doing, then it is your choice to leave or not.

You've got some friends who I hope won't be sheep and follow you because they have played for you under a different world, it is however their choice and I hope they see the other side of the story and not just the one they see from their 'separate skype chat' which again is something Googly you created which always threatened the harmony of the tribe.

I like all players in this tribe - I wouldn't have recruited you if I didn't. Though I do not like how Googly has acted under my leadership this world, and it is his choice what he wants to do. I don't like getting personal but here we go, from day 1 this is what I've seen. I see everything from where I am and this is my view.

Thanks,
-DaB.
[/SPOIL]

Note:
-he pins blame on me for things that only happened due to his own leadership faults
-he ignores every other person involved in all issues
-he and pins everything on a single individual despite the problems stemming from Gorth, and Dabearo's awful leadership

Unfortunately, his plan backfired. As his council member at the time (Hard.) was talking to him about how to deal with the issue privately just before he sent that. And so he demonstrated that he was only interested in bad-mouthing tribe members and trying to turn people in Pacman against one another - not resolving issues about people's attitude in terms of teamplay. By sending this circular mail, Dabearo drove an irrepairable wedge between the tribe. People who were unsure on their stance, a number jumped to my defense over it. A number believed the lies, the slander and the gross mis-representation of "fact" in this circular mail. And a number got more and more annoyed at the entire tribe.[/SPOIL]

Dabearo quitting
[SPOIL]Dabearo's decision to quit was his own to make. And honestly? It was the best thing to happen to Pacman. His leadership methods caused a lot of people to be permanently annoyed with him. His leadership methods meant he lied to, and backstabbed, not only a lot of the tribe but also every tribe diplomatically connected to Pacman - whether they should have been NAPs/allies or not.

Harlos then forced himself on the tribe as duke, and began working more on the Muffin merge. A lot of people were pissed off that he was only doing what he wanted for the tribe, not what the tribe wanted. And he dismissed a number of accounts from Pacman purely for pointing out the fact that he was, just as Dabearo did, trying to bully and victimize me for standing up for my views instead of simply accepting every stupid thing that the Pacman leadership had been doing.

Dabearo also was fully aware that he had 3 options:
1. Continue to ignore & run away from the issues the tribe had (having been told if he continues to do this a new tribe would be made to house anybody who was pissed off in Pacman under his rule).
2. To deal with the issues at hand.
3. To quit.

Needless to say, much like his leadership approach throughout W65, he chose the coward's way out.[/SPOIL]

Summary
[SPOIL]Dabearo is the ONLY person to blame for Pacman's failure.
His leadership was awful.
His lying to people in the tribe was spotted from the start of the world.
His way of pushing all issues under the carpet damaged the tribe (the one time he actually bothered trying to resolve an issue properly, he only managed to do by being forced in to doing so by me - and it resolved one of the personality clashes in Pacman within minutes).
His diplomatic backstabbings.
His causing a splinter group very early on in Pacman due to his failures as a leader up until then.
His labelling anybody who got bullied by his own friends, as an excuse to ignore their complaints, caused further rifts in the tribe.

Others may have caused him issues as a leader. Myself included. I'm not ashamed to admit I didn't help matters, and will not deny that I was involved in a number of arguments - almost every single one revolving around fighting a bully in the tribe.

That being said:
-No competent duke ignores every damn issue in a tribe, pushes it under the carpet and tries to tell people to forgive someone who was still cyber-bullying their friends.
-No competent duke shows clear bias and favouritism throughout the world.
-No competent duke uses the "It's Gorth - you know he'll quit within a month" excuse in order to get out of dealing with any issues involving him (of which there were plenty).

Quotes to back up this excuse can also be provided if requested.

The simple fact of the matter from my perspective is this:

Dabearo and his inner circle (Kalkoenvet, Harlos, Gorth) are essentially just playground bullies.
Dabearo pins the blame on the person(s) being bullied in order to try to run away from the roots of any issues.
He's a coward, who is not fit to lead any tribe - and who nobody should consider as a talented leader as simply put, he's shown on W58 and W65 now that he is someone who runs every time there is a problem in the tribe.[/SPOIL]

My time in Pacman has been hell. If I were to go back in time, not one of my actions would be changed. Everything I did was in response to cyber-bullying and awful/lying/backstabbing leadership manouveurs. I should have left a long time ago.

Thank you to those of you in Pacman who didn't buy in to Dabearo's PnP attempts to turn everybody in the tribe against me. To those of you that did...you need to learn to open your eyes.

A final point: I did offer to help Dabearo from day 1 onwards. My help was only on one occasion accepted. My advise was on only one occasion taken. Both times it helped the tribe. And every time he ignored my advise and did his own thing (usually ignoring problems or doing stupid backhanded leadership moves) anyway, it caused huge problems for the tribe that I was usually not involved in.

Those are my views, and everything I have stated is pure truth from my perspective. I don't want to remember my experience in Pacman under Dabearo and Harlos.

Dabearo is the only person to blame for how Pacman went. The leadership was, for want of a stronger word, atrocious.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

eh, of course everything sounds very dramatic in this post and a little biaised but, we could say a little the same from the other side eh, I dont know...

There are still a few facts remaining relevant though.

DeletedUser105718

You've led tribes before Googly - yet you still made a hell lot of trouble; even we we've picked Harlos over you :]

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
You've led tribes before Googly - yet you still made a hell lot of trouble; even we we've picked Harlos over you :]

Indeed. All of which got covered in that post.

I maintain a viewpoint that had Dabearo dealt with the cyber-bullying (considering the responsible person and the victim were both in pacman), and had Dabearo not ignored every issue that got raised with him, I would have kept my mouth shut. I'm not one to let a leadership assume he can get away with not doing his job though.

In case you missed it I did apologize for the trouble I had caused in the tribe forum.

To back this claim up:
[SPOIL][07/10/2012 16:26:29] ~Googly~: Well
[07/10/2012 16:26:34] ~Googly~: I'm going to post on the Harlos thread
[07/10/2012 16:26:40] ~Googly~: my point of view in a non-hostile way
[07/10/2012 16:26:46] ~Googly~: and make it clear I'm just posting it to defend myself
[07/10/2012 16:26:54] ~Googly~: as I feel everybody is now going to be turned to one side or the other
[07/10/2012 16:27:00] ~Googly~: which really isnt good
[07/10/2012 16:27:00] ! - DaBearo: hmm it'll receive a lot of aggro again
[07/10/2012 16:27:13] ~Googly~: I'm apologizing for some stuff in it too
[07/10/2012 16:27:24] ! - DaBearo: just don't start things again
[07/10/2012 16:27:29] ~Googly~: if people react badly to it, it's their own fault and their choice to react badly and try to start things again
[07/10/2012 16:27:38] ! - DaBearo: hmm that's what will happen
[07/10/2012 16:28:03] ~Googly~: only if people read it the wrong way
[07/10/2012 16:28:10] ~Googly~: As I'm writing in a very anti-hostile way
[07/10/2012 16:28:21] ! - DaBearo: as long as you do apologise in it etc and say it with a friendly tone
[07/10/2012 16:28:25] ! - DaBearo: maybe use a few smilies :p
[07/10/2012 16:28:36] ! - DaBearo: you shall get apologies back from them
[07/10/2012 16:28:39] ! - DaBearo: if that is the case
[07/10/2012 16:29:01] ! - DaBearo: but if it still brings up your differences with them, they'll stick up for themselves, thats what anyone would do
[07/10/2012 16:44:11 | Edited 16:44:14] ~Googly~: You can see in the thread if it is true or if they are trying to ****-stir.
[07/10/2012 16:59:26] ! - DaBearo: i edited the post - just the quote from kingofnohauls as he brings up some past with lucaya and again isnt needed :) thats not your fault though[/SPOIL]

DeletedUser57316

Julia cyber bullies me ;(

I think this thread should now be a thread for those who have been cyber bullied, so we can talk about it and hug :)

DeletedUser53562

Interesting read, even taken with the grain of salt I give most things posted here. Gives a lot of insight into Pacman and shows us another and very detailed (which I happen to appreciate) side of the story.

The cyber-bullying bit struck me personally, having been a victim of a similar campaign on this game. I applaud Googly's lack of tolerance for such behaviour and wish others took the same stance. Nobody deserves that and people who belittle and demean people for their own lols over a stupid game should really not be put up with by any of us, regardless of who they are. I wish as a community people could stand up to these fools and stop tolerating it. Fair play Googly.

DeletedUser

Damn a lot of Drama Queens. Are you sure you are in the right forum?

Know very little of what have happened, only care since it change the shape of the world.

I don't know Dabearo or Googly well, but from the few times I have spoken with them, they seem like great ppl. What I want to point out. Remember is humans who sit's and plays. I was in Pacman before the world started, and it was obvious that Dabearo used a lot of time and power to great this tribe and have a good platform to start from.

So when you flame so hard. Take it easy. I don't believe that it's really that bad as some of you make it look. And I really doubt that Dabearo single person "led the tribe Pacman down". Cheap shot to make a thread ranting about it though lol.

And stop hugging and start some more wars. Inno Games shaped this clustered world intentionally, TO MAKE WARS. Thanks

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I am glad I'm not the only one who has that view in this game. And I'm sure Gorth or Dabearo, or a number of others, may say I used it as an excuse to cause trouble.

Just because I have foresight, I'm going to post up a screenshot of a post I made on another world, which is relevant to here as it is also tackling cyber-bullying (this one being from my position as a duke on W62).

Hopefully it will demonstrate my view that cyber-bullying is never something that is tolerable.

[SPOIL]
jtqRo.png
[/SPOIL]

Rand_Althor

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
You must see googly how you did cause some rather big rifts in the tribe.

1- The forum post that was meant to be sarcastic, did not appear so. Being a neutral and reading it I thought it sounded rather forceful and could easily have been taken the wrong way. That is not to say Kalk's response was in the right but you can't make it sound as though it was an innocent post when many people commented that it didn't sound that way.

2- You quite clearly state you started a new chat room for a select few Pacman members because of the 'appalling leadership.' How do you expect this not to create a rift in the tribe.

3- To say you where being bullied is both absurd and ludicrous. To come on here and try and play the sympathy card is rather pathetic. I am not saying you where entirly to blame as some of the points you raised where indeed true. Such as the NAP's being a secret i.e. us attacking Nebula without knowing they where a NAP. Attacking EDEN etc. Your point about the recruitment was also true and if you remember I was the first to question this at the time.

However you did create quite a few rifts in the tribe and the way you spoke to others when things didn't go your did not help create a tribe atmosphere.

sp.ag

Fair enough explanation there Googly but what no offense if you didn't like the stuff prior to the world or early stages why didn't you just leave the tribe? Especially given your background with Silver; I for one have always found him easy to get along with and played with him in many tribes with female players.

I did want to touch upon the accusations of cyber bullying; In my honest opinion (I am sure I will be blasted for this) - This is the Internet if you cant handle crap of some people throw at you over it then you really need some thicker skin; I have had some absolute vile stuff said to me on this game about leaked RL stuff and I wouldn't consider it anything bar "across the line" banter or just trolling on sensitive topics. If it was as bad as it supposedly made out to be then why didnt the given friend just up and leave? I am not defending anything that was said just pointing one very simple reason to end it at the first hurdle.

I also have no problems with you Googly but it seems the situation with Pacman went on longer than required and partly perhaps in attempt to rip it apart and cause some drama; because if the tribe was really that unpleasant for a segment of players as previously said why not just leave?

Just asking :)

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
If it was as bad as it supposedly made out to be then why didnt the given friend just up and leave?

I also have no problems with you Googly but it seems the situation with Pacman went on longer than required and partly perhaps in attempt to rip it apart and cause some drama; because if the tribe was really that unpleasant for a segment of players as previously said why not just leave?

First point - the victim leaving would have caused the bully to feel like he'd achieved something. Why should someone quit a world purely because of some sick tool?

Second point - if I left a number of people who I am loyal to and who are loyal to me, would have left with me. And I felt I had a responsibility to do what was best for them. I informed Dabearo that I would leave and offer to create a new tribe or find a new home for anybody else who wasn't happy, if he didn't turn the tribe around.

I did everything I could to ensure that the people I value as friends were kept safe for as long as possible. Leaving Pacman would have been suicide for them, and although I don't care too much about what happens to me on this world, I do care about what happens to them.

Rand_Althor

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
First point - the victim leaving would have caused the bully to feel like he'd achieved something. Why should someone quit a world purely because of some sick tool?

Second point - if I left a number of people who I am loyal to and who are loyal to me, would have left with me. And I felt I had a responsibility to do what was best for them. I informed Dabearo that I would leave and offer to create a new tribe or find a new home for anybody else who wasn't happy, if he didn't turn the tribe around.

I did everything I could to ensure that the people I value as friends were kept safe for as long as possible. Leaving Pacman would have been suicide for them, and although I don't care too much about what happens to me on this world, I do care about what happens to them.

This is exactly what people are talking about. You had a group of followers that where loyal to you, that follow you in what you do. You quite clearly say you where looking out for them, not for the good of the tribe. This in itself causes a rift in the tribe.

Leaving pacman would have been suicide for them but remaining under an 'outrageous and appalling leader' was beneficial. You basically remained in Pacman for safety and for the safety of a select few you cared about.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Leaving pacman would have been suicide for them but remaining under an 'outrageous and appalling leader' was beneficial. You basically remained in Pacman for safety and for the safety of a select few you cared about.

You are correct. Had I seen a viable alternative, it would have been taken.

There is a difference between sharing viewpoints and loyalty however. I can give countless examples of several people in Agency W65 arguing with me about different things relating to other worlds we play despite us being in the same tribe. They don't take the same viewpoint as me unless they agree with my viewpoint. Dabearo took away their right to voice opinions from the day they joined, purely because they are friends with me. That caused the rifts, nothing else started it but that move.

DeletedUser

I am currently on spoiler #3 of googly's post, and I like chicken.

DeletedUser93450

[spoil]
I did want to touch upon the accusations of cyber bullying; In my honest opinion (I am sure I will be blasted for this) - This is the Internet if you cant handle crap of some people throw at you over it then you really need some thicker skin; I have had some absolute vile stuff said to me on this game about leaked RL stuff and I wouldn't consider it anything bar "across the line" banter or just trolling on sensitive topics.
[/spoil]

Condoning cyber bullying and claiming the person being bullied has the problems? Hardly fair. :\

[spoil]
If it was as bad as it supposedly made out to be then why didnt the given friend just up and leave? I am not defending anything that was said just pointing one very simple reason to end it at the first hurdle.
[/spoil]

Some people don't leave their tribes just because they dislike one bad apple. <3

harlos

Inconsequential words.

Googly. I will make a few short comments and walk away from this thread because it will never matter again. You told me about a percent of players in the tribe that wanted you to be Duke. I had a higher percent that replied to my mass circular that said they didn't even want you and your friends in the tribe and called you all out by name. Specifically by name. You cry foul - and it isn't something new. Upon Dabearo leaving, if you had been a leader you would have led. You didn't. I did. Thats what leaders do. Atomos will now run things as a singular and final decision maker because again, that is what leaders do. I have handed the team off with all my commitments and promises to the team fulfilled. Get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.