People's Favourite Village Build

The Great 1One1

I just wondered what village builds people tend to use. Most players tend to build barracks, stables, academies, smithies, rally points, resource pits, farm, warehouses and walls to their maximum levels in their villages.

But what about the workshop, market, village hq and hiding place?

I decided pretty early on that I'd leave HQ at 20, market at 20, workshop at 10 and hiding place at 0. I kept that on until I hit the delete button (although part of the reason was that I just couldn't be bothered to change the building levels in every single village), but in hindsight, the only thing I would change, would be to have the hiding place at level 10 (it hardly takes up any farm space and is useful for rebuilding your walls when cleared).

I liked having workshop at 10. Most people think this is too high. In most villages, I agree this would be the case, and workshops don't really need to be higher than level 2. But when making catapult villages, it is pretty essential to have them at a higher level, unless you were willing to wait a couple months for every one to be fully built. I didn't want to change the levels specifically for village type, because then the enemy will eventually figure out what are in my villages without scouting.

Village HQ at 20 is fine in my opinion. Only reason for it to be higher is to rebuild the walls when demolished. But after level 20, the farm prices start getting extremely high, so I will leave it at 20.

Market level at 20 can also be considered too high. The original rob23 liked to have his at level 22. In fact, my village build is actually a replica of his, apart from the market level. He liked the fact that with every market, you can send enough resources to another village worth a whole noble. That's fair enough, but the farm prices were too high for me and I rarely had a village with all three res above 50k anyway. So level 20 worked fine with me :)

My vills were at 9.785 points at this build. What village builds took your fancy, and why?

DeletedUser

same as TGO but workshop at 5-6 usualy exept in wall buster/cat village.

But tbh I stoped to care bout this since some time and I just downgrade/upgrade when the vill is really messed up.

DeletedUser

9.496. Drop the market (duh, farmsoaker), and the woodmine. Any proper nuke uses far more iron than wood.

The Great 1One1

9.496. Drop the market (duh, farmsoaker), and the woodmine. Any proper nuke uses far more iron than wood.

I've considered that, you know. But for my cat nukes, I like, need no iron at all (or very little), whereas I would need more wood. Again, I prefer to keep the same build for all my villages, and it is just easier to keep wood mine at lvl 30.

DeletedUser

I neverliked to downgrade the mine,I prefer to move those res to other vill and then have more mint then you:icon_razz:

but everyone build is to fit is own style,I dont think there's one better then another (expet maxed vill and ect..)

The Great 1One1

I neverliked to downgrade the mine,I prefer to move those res to other vill and then have more mint then you:icon_razz:

but everyone build is to fit is own style,I dont think there's one better then another (expet maxed vill and ect..)

I'm glad to know we won't have any problems when I get your pass.

Btw, if I don't see any spear nukes, I'm gonna change the pass and not let you back on until every single troop we own is a spear.

DeletedUser55663

That's Market lerval 20, and Workshop lerval 5, Hq at 20, and hiding place at 0.

I also have a group set asside for building, I didn't have it until a little while ago, but within a week or two all my villages were set up right. :)

DeletedUser

That's Market lerval 20, and Workshop lerval 5, Hq at 20, and hiding place at 0.

I also have a group set asside for building, I didn't have it until a little while ago, but within a week or two all my villages were set up right. :)

Uh, no its not :| its the hiding place at 10. thats my build..

DeletedUser55663

I have hiding place at 0.

[spoil] Village Headquarters (Level 20) 9155 10311 7120 17 2:24:29 Expansion to level 21
Barracks (Level 25) Building fully constructed
Stable (Level 20) Building fully constructed
Workshop (Level 5) 953 825 826 3 1:02:31 Expansion to level 6
Academy (Level 1) Building fully constructed
Smithy (Level 20) Building fully constructed
Rally point (Level 1) Building fully constructed
Market (Level 20) 10172 12889 10172 67 7:13:28 Expansion to level 21
Timber camp (Level 30) Building fully constructed
Clay pit (Level 30) Building fully constructed
Iron mine (Level 30) Building fully constructed
Farm (Level 30) Building fully constructed
Warehouse (Level 30) Building fully constructed
Hiding place (not constructed) 50 60 50 2 0:07:32 Construct
Wall (Level 20) Building fully constructed[/spoil]

DeletedUser

I have hiding place at 0.

[spoil] Village Headquarters (Level 20) 9155 10311 7120 17 2:24:29 Expansion to level 21
Barracks (Level 25) Building fully constructed
Stable (Level 20) Building fully constructed
Workshop (Level 5) 953 825 826 3 1:02:31 Expansion to level 6
Academy (Level 1) Building fully constructed
Smithy (Level 20) Building fully constructed
Rally point (Level 1) Building fully constructed
Market (Level 20) 10172 12889 10172 67 7:13:28 Expansion to level 21
Timber camp (Level 30) Building fully constructed
Clay pit (Level 30) Building fully constructed
Iron mine (Level 30) Building fully constructed
Farm (Level 30) Building fully constructed
Warehouse (Level 30) Building fully constructed
Hiding place (not constructed) 50 60 50 2 0:07:32 Construct
Wall (Level 20) Building fully constructed[/spoil]

brb logging in.

Ohyeah, my bad.

DeletedUser55663

I took a screenshot, there's no way you can edit it out :D

DeletedUser

Actually, that's the thing, wood is spare so moving it to different villages would not change the amount of coins you can build. In most if not all scenarios, you either lack clay for coins, or iron for troops. Wood is exceedingly rare, hence you might as well downgrade the woodmine.

That, and I hate marketting :lol: So I chucked those down to 18. I'd have hit 15, but it's a pain to downgrade.

DeletedUser

I would, except I use it for other villages that lack wood, such as cat villages etc. And I actually balance out my resources :)icon_eek:) daily.

DeletedUser

Actually, that's the thing, wood is spare so moving it to different villages would not change the amount of coins you can build. In most if not all scenarios, you either lack clay for coins, or iron for troops. Wood is exceedingly rare, hence you might as well downgrade the woodmine.

That, and I hate marketting :lol: So I chucked those down to 18. I'd have hit 15, but it's a pain to downgrade.

yup I get your point,that's why I said there probably no build better then another one,every player who play well build there village/nuke/def ect.. to fit there own style,off course it dosent apply to player who aint think bout those things and build vill till 12 k as example.

but im pretty sure the way I build my vill is the best for me,and the way you build yourz is the best for you,as example,building Workshop till 15 is uisualy a noob move,cause you dont need it over 4 (if i remember well) to build 400 ram before a fast nuke get build.But I do have some vill with 15 workshop,and I let you guess why:icon_biggrin:

aslo like I said previously,I used to build all my vill the same build,but now I cant bother anymore to track all of them and rebuild/downgrade for 1 or 2 lv of hq/market/workshop ect..

I only have a group of vill where I put my catted vill in and fix them^^

Last edited by a moderator:

deadsocks

Well, once I researched everything, I just demolish the smithy, I get back a lot of points and population that way, no point keeping a building that can't do owt. As for the academy, I figure I have lots of villages anyway - why waste space and time with nobles? - so I demolish it a level and keep it like that. Already that's more than 2k points recovered.

Next is the resource buildings, now one thing I've noticed in my many days of TW experience is that you always have either too much iron and no clay if you build coins, or too much clay and no iron if you build troops. So, I demolish the clay building down to level 11 and the iron building down to level 10, because you'll find that the cost of building dramatically increases from that point, and problem is solved - no more iron or clay surplus.

Now the barracks, stables and workshop... well, people often build these up without thinking it through properly.
Having a level 25 barracks WILL NOT make your nukes and def villages any stronger or better. Having more axes in your nuke however, does. So... It's best to keep the recruitment buildings to a bare minimum as they take up farm space.

Warehouse, keep it at level 1. You only need it bigger if you're not very active, level 1 is more than enough to hold the res required to build the most expensive unit (heavy cavalry, as I have already explained why nobles aren't necessary)
Farm, this is a tricky one. Build it too high and you're using up valuable res that could be spent building units. Build it too low and you won't have space for units. So I vary how much I build up farm by taste, it's different in every village which is good, variety means an enemy will have to scout every single one of your villages before he can attack rather than scouting one and assuming all the other villages use the same standard.

Hiding place you should always build if you sit someone's acc, because it will annoy them to death when they have to demolish them all, and they'll stop making you sit for them and play their own bliddy account. Building hiding places is a great way to improve tribal activity as a whole.
Also, make sure you have a statue. If you can't find the option to build a statue, it means you are subject to a glitch in the game. You need to restart and it should take care of it, nice and simple.

HQ - I can't work out what this building does tbh. It doesn't collect resources, it doesn't expand population, it doesn't make units. I don't see the point in it, demolish it completely. Market is unnecessary too, you won't have surplus iron and clay to trade anymore, so demolish it.

Finally walls. All enemy attacks come with rams these days, in fact, people are openly ridiculed for sending ramless nukes. So respond in kind - prevent the walls from becoming damaged by not building them. They'll feel sorry they sent a nuke all that distance at ram speed, just to find that there were no walls to ram! It's like a dodge, but with an entire building. They don't call me the end boss of the internet for nothing you know, it's tactics like these that keep me at the forefront of my game.

So, what's the result? An incredible build, completely logically flawless, very low points giving you a clear morale advantage, possibly even the inspiration you needed to try a new build. Personally I use a secret strategy passed down through my family for generations since 2008, but you might want to try something slightly less uber to warm up the barracks with to begin, I recommend the classic cat strat, you can't go wrong with it.

Before you ask, my villages don't currently follow this pattern because my account was in the hands of Azi for about 7 months, and without being too cruel, he's a bit of a pointwhore.
I assure all the fans out there that I am working on fixing all my villages ASAP, much like the hiding places I mentioned earlier it has kept me busy and demolishing.

You don't need to make a group for building. Go to overviews, click "all", then click "buildings". Click on "points" so it orders all your villages by points. hold ctrl, click the village names of the ones that aren't at 9711 points (they'll be at the top and the bottom), it'll open loads of tabs. Navigate to each tab, sort out the buildings as much as you can, and then close the tab and work to the next.

I do this before I make nobles and mass-recruit, so the buildings get built before the farm fills up and the resources get drained. And I mass-recruit before I mint coins, again so there's some res left, and only the completed villages get used. I do the whole thing twice a day. My villages shall resemble my strat in the above paragraphs in no time =)

Last edited: