Personal Goal on Speed Achieved

DeletedUser

Greetings players of TW Speed. Last night I made my personal objective, namely to reach a position in the top twenty tribes as a solo tribe player having started in my own tribe right from the start, or rather a few days late in truth. For most of the time I was on the top twenty defensive players list and a significant amount of players in the large dominant teams did not have the appropriate skill to break me. Despite being significantly larger and cooperating in team attacks, some close to a hundred times a day.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank both my server friends and foes for an excellent time here. I have fully enjoyed my time on speed, but am a little disapointed that so many appear to band together in what should essentially be an competitive game between individuals. But the terms were set by TW, no one else, so this is not the fault of any player here. So enjoy your remaining time.

I have a fair idea as to how speed will end now, and I've no doubt there will be a lot of political inertia as the more competitive players among you break ranks and show their true colours.

The thing I like about speed servers is that is offers some excellent lessons in the context of the wider game. I'm just sorry work prevented me from starting at server start, or indeed playing the serve out.

I could be cruel and allow some top teams to see how poor some of their players, or rather 'accounts' have performed, and in one case how well. But this is not the purpose of a speed server. Enjoy the ride all who are remaining and hopefully I'll see you all on the next one.

Best regards
Earthania

DeletedUser

Congrats on the personal achievement... Hope to see u on the next one :D

DeletedUser

I have fully enjoyed my time on speed, but am a little disapointed that so many appear to band together in what should essentially be an competitive game between individuals. But the terms were set by TW, no one else, so this is not the fault of any player here. So enjoy your remaining time.

I agree, I played a fast round on german server where the tribe was limited to 3 members, lot of fun.
I betrayed my tribe to join a guy, and with him we absorbed my old tribe in like 5 minutes! Most fun thing I did since months.

I hope soon we will have such server here (playing in german is a bit difficult)

DeletedUser

Have you ever watched a marathon? Granted they arent all that exciting. But if you ever watch one for a little bit of it you will see packs of strong runners working together.

That is what we have seen thus far, question is at the end of the marathons those packs break up as the competition is no longer about them versus everyone but them versus each other.

This is the first server of this kind here so it could go either way.

DeletedUser

I don't play this, but I imagine in the last week matty (and other top players)will be attacked so badly its crazy, also the large tribes with top players, the weaker players with no shot of winning will just suicide troops on stronger enemies and send their defense to the bigger players on their side. If this all happens the players in the bigger tribes will win. Well that is what I would do anyway oh well.

DeletedUser

well actually, I think matty will win, in two days from now he will become unbeatable. That is if he doesn't make something wrong :)

Rank Name Tribe Points Villages Average points per village
1 matty1.23 .SOD. 116.781 15 7785
2 HOOTERS EV 87.510 10 8751
3 Assholio .SOD. 85.242 11 7749
4 reversed .SOD. 77.472 9 8608
5 Ngai w00t 72.781 9 8087

(be back in two days to check out the result :) )

DeletedUser

well actually, I think matty will win, in two days from now he will become unbeatable. That is if he doesn't make something wrong :)

Rank Name Tribe Points Villages Average points per village
1 matty1.23 .SOD. 116.781 15 7785
2 HOOTERS EV 87.510 10 8751
3 Assholio .SOD. 85.242 11 7749
4 reversed .SOD. 77.472 9 8608
5 Ngai w00t 72.781 9 8087

(be back in two days to check out the result :) )

Baldhor i look forward to playing against you in the faster worlds when they get started over here. As becomeing unbeatable in the next two days i don't think so. For that i would need to have grown a lot and to grow at that speed you can't protect all your villages.

DeletedUser

Baldhor i look forward to playing against you in the faster worlds when they get started over here. As becomeing unbeatable in the next two days i don't think so. For that i would need to have grown a lot and to grow at that speed you can't protect all your villages.

well if I calculated correctly, you can produce a full defensive army in 2 days and half (correct me if I'm wrong), with now 15 villages, I say you can become unbeatable

DeletedUser10513

Earthania congrats ;)) i achived my personal goal to :D anoying people:))

DeletedUser

Thank you for the constructive replies. It's always nice to allow the players to show their human sides too; especially on a speed server where things can become manic :icon_wink:

The joy is in the participation. The marathon analogy used by Jerran is fair to a point, but as a marathon and fell runner myself in fitter days, there is one key difference. In a marathon only you can run the race for yourself, in an environment where no one's status is known for sure and sitters are everywhere the contrast blurs a little. The only real way to play a speed server is to have everyone book into a venue and actually play for themselves. Now that's a real marathon game, because the actual endurance of each player is being tested. However, let's not forget this is really a starter. Hopefully more players will enjoy the experience that Speed has offered and wish to do more. I certainly will, but I think it needs to concider some of the wider health issues that it could be seen to impose on players for the next round.

Enjoy
Earthania

DeletedUser

trust me, matty, baldhor is doing his best to keep us from being unbeatable

DeletedUser

Well yes, I am sure if you dug deep enough into Any analogy you will find differences but you understood the point made by it.

Yes perhaps there are unequalities present, but that is known going into it.

DeletedUser

If you wanna use a runner's analogy, then speed server is a one-mile relay, with however many players you have on your "team."

DeletedUser

To be honest, I really don't understand how you became a top 20 player when I was forwarded reports of you being a mega-turtle....

Edit: Reread it... noticed that you said you were top 20 in defensice stats...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Congrats Earthania,

You were one of the ones near to me, and I heard lots about you.
You did an excellent job in reaching your goals

DeletedUser

Thank you. Yes, starting a few days late is like hitting the Omaha Beach. But players just need to chill and see it for what it is - a game. Entering a speed server late is a great opportunity to test defence skills. Even now players can benefit from it. As a tiny player, heavily outnumbered by both players, villages and army sizes and under constant attack, it has served to demonstrate that once again good positional games can be played in defence.

So, if anyone fancy giving the speed serve a spin, even if just for two weeks, it will offer you a great opportunity to play a defensive game. In this respect, the game is still very active and worth joining in my opinion. Just don't expect to win :icon_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thank you. Yes, starting a few days late is like hitting the Omaha Beach. But players just need to chill and see it for what it is - a game. Entering a speed server late is a great opportunity to test defence skills. Even now players can benefit from it. As a tiny player, heavily outnumbered by both players, villages and army sizes and under constant attack, it has served to demonstrate that once again good positional games can be played in defence.

So, if anyone fancy giving the speed serve a spin, even if just for two week, it will offer you a great opportunity to play a defensive game. In this respect, the game is still very active and worth joining in my opinion. Just don't expect to win :icon_wink:

this is very true for any newb, with a server running at speed 10, you can see all game features (from a tiny vilalge up to a big one) within few days instead of weeks

edit: I even advice to go play the german SDS (speed 150) or even a 400+ round just to learn how to start correctly, once you start to be farmed, just restart and try again :)

DeletedUser

Why dont you play his account baldhor? :icon_wink:

Well the problem is as follow, if I play I will win too easily and you guys will get bored of speed round ... better let you train a bit more :p