Picking Apart early tribes (How Bad Some Are)

DeletedUser

I find that tribes that have a continent number in their name invariably recuit everyone ion that continent.

And as someone in a premade, I don't think that they can be dismissed quite that easily.

DeletedUser

There's nothing wrong technically with being at member limit.

DeletedUser

DX is another mass recruiting tribe. They claim to have won World 11, though none of the guys in the tribe even had an account on W11, according to TWStats. They're the biggest in my K, but I expect them to fall relatively quickly.

DeletedUser

Alright for all the people who are saying nothing wrong with mass recruiting in a K.....

I'm about to give you a few reasons why that is a very very bad thing to do and why all these mass recruiting tribes unless they are lucky lose. :icon_twisted:

I: When you mass recruit your tribe "If they farm at all" Are to close together and farming sucks: Effect: Slows down the growth of members.
II: When a tribe mass recruits they start over time to become a hugger tribe and if you look at tribes from earlier worlds we all hate hugger tribes and points truly mean nothing if your members suck.
III: Most mass recruitment tribes say.... sure we take noobs... join up and we will teach you or put you in our academy..... Well if you do that then your going to be spending your tribe teaching them and not doing your job as a tribe leader or what ever your job maybe.

Now there is nothing wrong with a tribe that hits max amount of members. Elite players know that the following will happen over time.

As long as you keep your recruitment to good players and check tw stats and see if they are as good as they say they are then you can hit max members.
If you just go down the K list and recruit everyone just give it up because all the elite players hit the decline button right away.

Players will quit over time. So as long as you have a good base and internally noble out the players who quit your good to go but your tribe needs leadership and skill.

We wont join mass recruiting tribes because us good players like to eat others and if you have recruited everyone then there is nothing to EAT :icon_twisted:

Just a tip for players who think mass recruiting is the bomb :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i liek mass recrut! china has 10000000000 people. our tribe should to.

DeletedUser

I think what could make it better, possibly is the use of [spoil]/[/spoil] tags.... :p

DeletedUser

Alright for all the people who are saying nothing wrong with mass recruiting in a K.....

I'm about to give you a few reasons why that is a very very bad thing to do and why all these mass recruiting tribes unless they are lucky lose. :icon_twisted:

I: When you mass recruit your tribe "If they farm at all" Are to close together and farming sucks: Effect: Slows down the growth of members.

Not on this world, until much later. Most people are farming the same handful of vils and it's not just the limited hauls that make the farming radius less important on this world, it's also with the slower growth it means barbs growth is closer inline as well.

II: When a tribe mass recruits they start over time to become a hugger tribe and if you look at tribes from earlier worlds we all hate hugger tribes and points truly mean nothing if your members suck.

Some rules change for this world as well. Diplo, while normally laughed at, is more important on a world where mistakes (ie wiping trains on a stacked vil, losing nobles etc) are far more costly since you can't compensate idiocy with activity as much as you could on a normal world.

III: Most mass recruitment tribes say.... sure we take noobs... join up and we will teach you or put you in our academy..... Well if you do that then your going to be spending your tribe teaching them and not doing your job as a tribe leader or what ever your job maybe.

I agree but I'd add that for those wishing to show the ropes to newer or uninformed players then this is the world to do it, where your time isn't completely consumed with farming and a newer player can grow at a reasonable rate, especially if they are going to be used as support, where in a normal world they would be too far behind to even be worthwhile.

Now there is nothing wrong with a tribe that hits max amount of members. Elite players know that the following will happen over time.

As long as you keep your recruitment to good players and check tw stats and see if they are as good as they say they are then you can hit max members.

As long as the spread is good, then I don't see why any tribe wouldn't want to be at max.

If you just go down the K list and recruit everyone just give it up because all the elite players hit the decline button right away.

Players will quit over time. So as long as you have a good base and internally noble out the players who quit your good to go but your tribe needs leadership and skill.

We wont join mass recruiting tribes because us good players like to eat others and if you have recruited everyone then there is nothing to EAT :icon_twisted:

Just a tip for players who think mass recruiting is the bomb :)

Agreed.

Didn't mean to pick apart your post. But I did. Sorry. Just this world changes a lot and means many of the old tried and true rules/methods no longer apply imo.