Player vs. Player 2001 Round 2

DeletedUser

Round Two:

Game 9: Jurasu (crosamich) vs. Monsterbro (cyclopz) (12-3)

Game 10: Lavim vs. Crazyplayer4 (10-4)

Game 11: Gamecat vs. Auguthy2 (kafs) (13-2)

Game 12: Haza Teh Great vs. u6s5l (Robonot) (12-2)

Game 13: The Gammy 1 vs. JonnyFlame (7-5)

Game 14: Rascal-the-cat vs. Adamjrose2 (1-11)

Game 15: Jeor vs. Lamarth (12-2)

Game 16: Obryant vs. Malckam (7-6)

Edit: Obviously this is 2011

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Game 9: Jurasu (crosamich) vs. Monsterbro (cyclopz) i think jurasu would have the upper hand here

Game 10: Lavim vs. Crazyplayer4 - lavim has turned k13 into a great challenge and is a great opponent, very determined

Game 11: Gamecat vs. Auguthy2 (kafs) - gamecat just keeps on hammering away

Game 12: Haza Teh Great vs. u6s5l (Robonot) - size, power and activity are all on my side here

Game 13: The Gammy 1 vs. JonnyFlame - jonny is just too cool for school

Game 14: Rascal-the-cat vs. Adamjrose2 - this was a tough one, having recently been on the sharp end of both of them i know how good they are but adam just seems to have that little bit more oomph to his attacks on me lol :p

Game 15: Jeor vs. Lamarth - jeor as im not familiar with lamarths work and i know how much of a pain in the bum jeor can be lol

Game 16: Obryant vs. Malckam - obryant is still a machine lol

DeletedUser

Round Two:

Game 9: Jurasu (crosamich) vs. Monsterbro (cyclopz)

Game 10: Lavim vs. Crazyplayer4

Game 11: Gamecat vs. Auguthy2 (kafs) The first in a line of tough ones: very close, but I had to give the edge to GC

Game 12: Haza Teh Great vs. u6s5l (Robonot)

Game 13: The Gammy 1 vs. JonnyFlame

Game 14: Rascal-the-cat vs. Adamjrose2 Oh my goodness, how does one decide? Sorry Rascal...his numbers are better

Game 15: Jeor vs. Lamarth Again, Jeor =Beast

Game 16: Obryant vs. Malckam I cannot decide...I know both players, and both have amazing skills: it just doesnt seem right to go just with numbers, so I will take the cowards way out :p

monsterbro

Game 9: Jurasu (crosamich) vs. Monsterbro (cyclopz) i heard jurasu has muffin but i got cookies so i win sorry jurasu

Game 11: Gamecat vs. Auguthy2 (kafs)

Game 12: Haza Teh Great vs. u6s5l (Robonot) sorry u6 haza just beast even when hes drunk

Game 13: The Gammy 1 vs. JonnyFlame i cant vote on this one sorry to me there both good players

Game 14: Rascal-the-cat vs. Adamjrose2

Game 15: Jeor vs. Lamarth

Game 16: Obryant vs. Malckam

Last edited:

DeletedUser76514

Game 9: Jurasu (crosamich) vs. Monsterbro (cyclopz) Monster has cookies

Game 11: Gamecat vs. Auguthy2 (kafs)

Game 12: Haza Teh Great vs. u6s5l (Robonot)

Game 13: The Gammy 1 vs. JonnyFlame

Game 14: Rascal-the-cat vs. Adamjrose2

DeletedUser

Game 9: Jurasu (crosamich) vs. Monsterbro (cyclopz) - Justin is just a beast

Game 11: Gamecat vs. Auguthy2 (kafs) - Gamecat is just one of the best defenders in the world

Game 12: Haza Teh Great vs. u6s5l (Robonot) - Very tough call, but haza just edges orel out

Game 13: The Gammy 1 vs. JonnyFlame - Gammy has held major stretches of the front line and despite starting out deep behind the lines has continued to thrive

Game 14: Rascal-the-cat vs. Adamjrose2 - Going to have to vote for rascal over myself simply due to her sniping ability and that I would constantly get rascalitis

Game 15: Jeor vs. Lamarth - Contest of brute power vs subtlety, subtlety just edges out

Game 16: Obryant vs. Malckam - Another one where I hate to choose, but malc's sniping wins the day

DeletedUser78416

Game 9: Jurasu (crosamich) vs. Monsterbro (cyclopz) - no question

Game 10: Lavim vs. Crazyplayer4 - Better stats, more war conquers

Game 11: Gamecat vs. Auguthy2 (kafs) - account is too big and with two players

Game 12: Haza Teh Great vs. u6s5l (Robonot) - same as above, account is too big...more troops equals more opportunities

Game 13: The Gammy 1 vs. JonnyFlame - No doubt in my mind, my account is nearly double his, I have nearly triple the ODA

Game 14: Rascal-the-cat vs. Adamjrose2 - very close call, but Adam edges out with slightly better stats and more war conquers. Plus Rascal didn't have the stig with her this time :icon_razz:

Game 15: Jeor vs. Lamarth - Account size difference plays the factor here for me.

Game 16: Obryant vs. Malckam - Same as above, I think the account size difference is too much to overcome.

DeletedUser

Game 9: Jurasu (crosamich) vs. Monsterbro (cyclopz) - Monster is a good player but Jurasu has the history and stats in his favour

Game 10: Lavim vs. Crazyplayer4 - The crazy one

Game 11: Gamecat vs. Auguthy2 (kafs) - As i've said before :)

Game 12: Haza Teh Great vs. u6s5l (Robonot) - Haza, the man who will support you with his last spear if you request it

Game 13: The Gammy 1 vs. JonnyFlame - If we we're just basing this on account size and ODA I can tell you now who will win. This is about (I hope) the work people have done since they joined the world as well as the work they are doing now (which is why you will see ppl abstaining from voting from time to time). Your ODA is good Gammy and your conquers against Plight since you switched are impressive.. However if I had an amount of time to sort my villages out before switching to an enemy of an ally I would also have been able to take many villages and defend my core :) I have to vote for myself in this, you've done a lot recently but before that I look back to some villages from Kreamer in C2 in June 2010 and before that no conquers except barbs since sometime in 2009. This is not a dig it's just in that time i've co led three tribes and organised countless operations, mergers, peace talks etc. I suppose the point i'm trying to reach is your comment about size and ODA got to me a little ;)

Game 14: Rascal-the-cat vs. Adamjrose2 - Im afraid I have to abstain on this one.. I've not come across Rascal in game only through other ppl's comments

DeletedUser

Game 9: Jurasu (crosamich) vs. Monsterbro (cyclopz) - I stole Monster's cookies

Game 10: Lavim vs. Crazyplayer4 - solid performance

Game 11: Gamecat vs. Auguthy2 (kafs) - just a solid rock

Game 12: Haza Teh Great vs. u6s5l (Robonot) - hard to tell, but I gotta tip my hat to Haza. I've tried attacking him before. Stats are 1-1 between us :lol:

Game 13: The Gammy 1 vs. JonnyFlame - Jonny seems to have a reputation. I just haven't seen it, whereas I have seen Gammy at work

Game 14: Rascal-the-cat vs. Adamjrose2 - I honestly can't choose. Both are amazing players who do so much

Game 15: Jeor vs. Lamarth - Both good attackers with a lot of conquers, Jeor just seems to be doing it more places

Game 16: Obryant vs.Malckam - Both are great players but Malc definitely has it in the defensive area

DeletedUser

Game 9: Jurasu (crosamich) vs. Monsterbro (cyclopz) - hmmm, Malckam is 1-0 against Crosamich but I don't recall the circumstances, in the interests of recreating that I shall vote for Crosamich.

Game 10: Lavim vs. Crazyplayer4 - I have no idea.

Game 11: Gamecat vs. Auguthy2 (kafs) - I have no idea. Except Auguthy2 was kind enough to plough through my theoretical build for w56 so I shall vote for him.

Game 12: Haza Teh Great vs. u6s5l (Robonot) - I have no idea.

Game 13: The Gammy 1 vs. JonnyFlame - I have no idea.

Game 14: Rascal-the-cat vs. Adamjrose2 - Rascal is a complete noob and it's amazing she got this far without sending me a mug with Miles Weston's face on it. So obviously adam wins.

Game 15: Jeor vs. Lamarth - I have no idea.

Game 16: Obryant vs.Malckam - At last 2 players I know! But that just means I can't choose, still proud to see 3 CND players here enjoying themselves.

This wasn't quite the valuable contribution I hoped it would be, also, is it too late for me and Beardsy to play?

DeletedUser

Game 12: Haza Teh Great vs. u6s5l (Robonot) - hard to tell, but I gotta tip my hat to Haza. I've tried attacking him before. Stats are 1-1 between us :lol:

i still have that village as well lol :icon_biggrin:

feel free to try again?

DeletedUser

I thought this was measured on the basis of who would win in an equal-sized fight? If not, I wouldn't have bothered entering...and before you go "Oh, he'd still outgrow you", you don't know that based on the fact that we'd be measuring raw skill on raw skill, and factors like inactives available to eat at the same time, etc. are immeasurable. But hey, if we're measuring on account size/troop amounts like Gammy, sure, I'd vote for haza. I'm not sure where skill stands.

DeletedUser78416

If I may explain my reasoning. It's not the sheer account size that I make a basis off of, it is just that I neglected to mention the obvious...which is there are good active players behind these larger accounts. Growth owns all, growth owns everything, and assuming there is an equally impressive player behind that growth, one can assume that player would dominate.

I, for one, can't fathom a great player being on a small account. If the player is so great, why isn't that account huge? There may be other circumstances behind a great player being behind a small account, but the fact still remains...you can have a great player on a smaller account, but a great player on a bigger account (by a substantial margin) will win in my eyes.

I was under the assumption the player vs player threads were based on facts/stats and such...experience with the player, etc. With that comes account size in my opinion, all things being equal and the player didn't get on the account yesterday.

As far as Haza vs robo is concerned...he has triple the number of vills you have. I know he is an active player who is decent from what everyone says. You would have to be the entire A team, plus the B team for back up, plus have a roaming garden gnome to overcome an obstacle such as a 700 vill deficit. Thats just death by attrition in my eyes, no offense if you took it that way. Now if monsterbro was put on a 1000 vill account, Id swing your way.

As far as Jonny is concerned, again, no offense. It doesn't matter what you've done on other worlds, I'm basing my decision on what you've done here.

DeletedUser

You need to read what I said, before you go off on deficits and such in villages:

I thought this was measured on the basis of who would win in an equal-sized fight?

And you're telling me that all the huge accounts that Plight has in the backlines, the ones that are filled with terrible players who can't send a decent train, must therefore be better than me because I'm on a smaller account? And again...did you even read the rest of my post about the whole "outgrowing" counter that I pre-empted? Come on now. I'm somewhat glad I'm out of this "2001" player vs. player competition, if that's how it's being run.

DeletedUser78416

Maybe you should reread, as I stated in the end that if it were monsterbro on a 1000 vill account, Id vote for you.

What you are asking is to change the dynamics of the competition, to basically handicap a larger account. This is why other avenues are looked upon for basis of judgement, such as the accounts stats.

I believe that ranks are a good indicator, not the be all end all indicator, of how good a player is, especially this late in the world.

Its safe to assume that the majority of the top 100 players in this world are good in some way shape or form. Obviously the higher up you go, the better the player gets, for the most part.

I don't understand why this is bothering you this much.

DeletedUser

If the size of an account is at all a contributor, as I said, then this competition is already a farce. You take a semi-decent player on a 1k village account and place him against me, and you'll always vote for the 1k village account. It's not a competition of skill, or players vs. players, it's a competition of accounts vs. accounts. Don't believe me? Then why is Gamecat being defined as both coplayers, and not just one? It's a competition of accounts, and in that way a farce. It bothers me solely because I disagree with how it's being run as opposed to how it was run by me prior, and I believe that it's ridiculous in and of itself that you're not ranking players on skill levels alone when you vote, but also how big their accounts already are.

DeletedUser

As far as Jonny is concerned, again, no offense. It doesn't matter what you've done on other worlds, I'm basing my decision on what you've done here.

Just to say on this.. I never mentioned any other worlds, I was talking about this one :)

DeletedUser

If the size of an account is at all a contributor, as I said, then this competition is already a farce. You take a semi-decent player on a 1k village account and place him against me, and you'll always vote for the 1k village account. It's not a competition of skill, or players vs. players, it's a competition of accounts vs. accounts. Don't believe me? Then why is Gamecat being defined as both coplayers, and not just one? It's a competition of accounts, and in that way a farce. It bothers me solely because I disagree with how it's being run as opposed to how it was run by me prior, and I believe that it's ridiculous in and of itself that you're not ranking players on skill levels alone when you vote, but also how big their accounts already are.

if its any consolation.... give me a 3mil point account and i'll still win :icon_cool:

did gamecat specify it was the account entering rather than an individual or vice versa? if not people would instantly take both into consideration imo

DeletedUser58923

did gamecat specify it was the account entering rather than an individual or vice versa? if not people would instantly take both into consideration imo

the account. whether it be me or amber, the account is what it is. we make it that so it needs to be judged as it is. if amber wasnt there, the account would be no more as i would have quit last year. so its not an individual on the account, but it as a whole as thats what makes it what it is.

Game 9: Jurasu (crosamich) vs. Monsterbro (cyclopz) - no chance imo. if they were next to each other as is, skill wise, size wise, everything wise, justin would win.

Game 10: Lavim vs. Crazyplayer4 - havnt dealt with crazy much, so my vote has to go to Lavim. kudos to crazy tho for what hes been doing :p

Game 11: Gamecat vs. Auguthy2 (kafs) - as much as i hate voting for myself, i feel i have to on this one.

Game 12: Haza Teh Great vs. u6s5l (Robonot) - Haza, you're good, but ive seen orel at his best and, when he goes into it, i feel hed take you.

Game 13: The Gammy 1 vs. JonnyFlame - Gammy has been doing good since hes been in c2, but jonny has been doing well since the war has started. and i know jonny well enough to know his limit and whatnot.

Game 14: Rascal-the-cat vs. Adamjrose2 - dangit adam why do you make me think on hard choices...ima fake you for makin me think.

Game 15: Jeor vs. Lamarth - again adam, dang you...

Game 16: Obryant vs. Malckam - sheesh what the heck stop making me think...malck can defend beastly but ob is annoying enough to just rage at you and nuke you to world 17

DeletedUser

the account. whether it be me or amber, the account is what it is. we make it that so it needs to be judged as it is. if amber wasnt there, the account would be no more as i would have quit last year. so its not an individual on the account, but it as a whole as thats what makes it what it is.

i thought as much, which is why i took both of you into consideration with my votes :icon_wink: