Players

DeletedUser103898

Why do you think there are less players per world now? I think it is because worlds open far more frequently than back in the day!

Also, be sure to check out the guide library in my siggy!

DeletedUser95698

Actually I was surprised by how many old school players came back to join w64. It is because of the new addition of flags. If TW keeps coming out with new ways to play the game I think more players will return but that is the only way to keep the game going IMO. I play it just to pass time :D

DeletedUser

I would say it's both the frequency of new worlds coming out and just a general decline in this game's popularity.

DeletedUser

that or the fact that x-box and play stations are much more affordable now. I also think the frequency of new worlds does affect the development on worlds but i don't believe it effects how many players play. Often when a new world opens, skype chats are filled with the typical "dude, know anyone who might want my account" or "hey, I'm quitting this world, who wants my villages".

Where I think flags will help is the fact they are transferable to future worlds. Gamers that want the advantage of high resource flags in early game will need to stay and develop them. Where it will be interesting is the co-played accounts. Which co-player gets what flag. Also, will gamers be as quick to turn over passwords?

Time will tell but I believe this world will be a long and hard fought world. I wish the settings would have allowed the barbs to develop a little faster as I feel that leads to heavier clustered K's.

A world change that I'd like to see is adjusted speed settings rather then morale. Players starting in say week 3 get a faster game speed for say 10 days while gamers that start on day one game at the normal speed but the barbs grow at an adjusted speed relative to whatever the speed of the late starter is given.

Keep morale, yes but make it a shortened time based morale.. 30 days and no morale bonus.

DeletedUser1082

I don't know about others, but speaking as an old worlder who quit for ages then came back to 64, it was because I heard about summer games and wanted to play that, then I just stayed.

DeletedUser

I think your memory is distorted. 4 years ago worlds opened two at a time, they opened far more rapidly than they do today.

I thought so too, but no-one else seems to remember :icon_redface:.

I think it's just that the number of people playing Tribal Wars is generally dropping.

Here is a graph showing the daily reach for tribalwars.net (the percentage of lobal internet users who visit Tribal Wars per day).

graph

Although it has been rising recently, the general trend is down, and has been going down since before 2011. I account this due to a lack of new players joining - I think that these days it is very rare for a new player to join and simply learn to be good on their own.

DeletedUser96310

might it also be that Innogames is pushing Grepolis harder.. I know I was shocked the other day when I visited a sports forum I've visited for well over 12 years and at the top of the page was an ad for Grepolis... In all my years there I've never before seen an Innogames Ad.

Might the game we so enjoy be slowly phased out? I think if they advertised it a little harder that graph would change.

DeletedUser

I agree that advertising is a problem; both Grepolis and 'The West,' another newer InnoGames game seem to receive a lot more than Tribal Wars. The only Tribal Wars ones which I see do make it seem like a brilliant game, just another multi-player browser game like Travian or something.

I think that they could also make it more newb friendly. The quests were certainly a step in the right direction, and teach them how to play, but I find many just give up after a a day. Perhaps they could try to make the beginning a little more exciting somehow if you haven't played it before, for once you'd done it for a bit (even if you're a noob) then you're hooked.

hanibalii

Why do you think there are less players per world now?
It's because TW is a dieing game. Remember back when they used to put up '436,345 Players Already!'? They took it down, because it was getting too depressing, in showing how the game was falling...
It saddens me. However, it also means that noobs are evaporating, leaving a stronger flavour of players...

I agree that advertising is a problem; both Grepolis and 'The West,' another newer InnoGames game seem to receive a lot more than Tribal Wars. The only Tribal Wars ones which I see do make it seem like a brilliant game, just another multi-player browser game like Travian or something.
I also see Forge of Empires being shown around a lot more. I played that on the betas and I just thought it sucked really. It's sad.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I also see Forge of Empires being shown around a lot more. I played that on the betas and I just thought it sucked really. It's sad.

Really? So did I! I got to rank 1 and gave up because it was so bad. I don't know how they'll ever make money from it - surely it would be money better spent advertising for TW, which is already successful?

hanibalii

Really? So did I! I got to rank 1 and gave up because it was so bad. I don't know how they'll ever make money from it - surely it would be money better spent advertising for TW, which is already successful?
Same. They have diamonds instead of PP, but apart from that it's like a US or UK world - Buy To Win. Thats why they put ads up for it.
Tw isn't succesful. It WAS, but it isn't now.

DeletedUser64969

I would say this world has been quite a good one so far, its maintaining 30k players even after all the core accounts have deleted which was about 25k players, maybe more, usually after the core accounts delete the world numbers drop to about 14k and below, so hopefully on this world the rim will keep expanding so its like old worlds :)

DeletedUser94160

yeah, that Forge of empires is undoubtedly sucked (may be because of its beta)..don't even remember where I left,I almost got server error for aprox 50% in every battle i fought,plus cannot play from mobile because of flash thing. Tribalwars is the Best,we can look after our account while working/studying (thru mobile, ipad etc)... even from behind GF back! :icon_wink:

TWForum activity is also alive and healthy,they should advertise more. Every new shiny thing that come out does not mean they are better... Forge of empires vs TW proved it!.

DeletedUser

Forge of Empires was most certainly buy to win, even more so than TW .uk and .us.You could buy literally everything with the diamonds straight away. I agree about the TWForums - they are very much active and alive. I would say that TW is successful, and would be more so with better advertising.

DeletedUser

I played world 64 but came back to this world because of the summer holidays in England... I have nothing else to do any thought this is a good way to spend my time :)

DeletedUser

First of all, I think its because what everyone has already stated, lack of advertising.
The few players who do find the game through friends, etc, find the game slow and boring (because lets face it, the first few days are slow, and boring). They don't know what farming is, and think this game is just build something new in your HQ every few hours.

And there is such a big skill gap between the new players and experienced players, that the few new players who found the game are usually made farms by the more experienced players, and end up quitting.

Meh, my two cents :s