Posting Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

g4m3rifall

I was wondering if...

Someone in my tribe was wondering what Steam is... Instead of reading the whole 'About' page on it, I was wondering if it was legal for me to post a link TO the about page. Even though Steam is a program that you buy games from ,I am not advertising, I am only helping someone learn what it is...

IS THIS ILLEGAL???

choper

dono about that.. but send it in a PM and there should be no problem. then just leave a note on the forum that he have mail ;)

choper

gameforge use to have a strict policy of not adversiting non-gf games in forums and such.
dont think it should be a problem if its in a tribe forum but one never knows.

greenmonsta

Should be fine, back in [H] we had a couple of links to other browser games like TW that we used to mess around on. Had no trouble with that.

DeletedUser77177

Steam Engine is a tool to play different games with other players all over the world .. multiplayer games... general played games on Steam are Counter Strike and Half Life..

yes it is used to buy to different games too.. but first u need to buy a steam account..

greenmonsta

Don't need to buy a steam account, thats free. you can effectively have an account and only use it to play demo's. Also, I have 100 games on steam now, you can get almost any game there now and since it's download only, no DVD's to scratch or worry about, and they can give better offers. I love it since I didn't bother getting a DVD drive when I built my computer xD

DeletedUser

1) i think it is against the EXTERNAL forum rules to post about other games other than tw
2) when i was in [H], like greeny said, we had a fww different games sites on the INTERNAL forum, so im fairly sure it isnt against the rules. or if it is, just dont tell anyone about it. as long as the mods dont know about it, who cares.

zakipoo

eh i mean this has been around for how many days and not a single mod commented that it was illegal so...

DeletedUser

bobby turnip's right on the legality front; We only ban advertising on the externals, IG doesn't matter.

If you have any other questions regarding this, feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.