Pros/Cons About v7.0 update

DeletedUser

Well we got it--thankfully before all the other worlds...

List your favorite pros and worst cons about the update.

Pros
I love the map feature where you can send resources/attack, etc etc easier.

Cons
Not a big fan of the dark red/black strip at the top of the screen :/

DeletedUser

I don't like logging on - the whole look is unpleasant to the eye.

Specifically the fixed brown strip across the top is awful. If you like loading every toolbar available and losing half of your screen then you might like it, but for the rest of us it is incredibly irritating to have to scroll up and down more it is a nuisance. It is unforgiveable that it does not let me look at the entire 15x15 map at once without scrolling though.

I don't know about any other features yet - so far it is too horrible to contemplate. I've sent a support ticket to see how I can reset it - let's see what answer I get...

[EDIT] At the moment I'm not getting notice of what the last report was when the pointer floats over a village - maybe that will change when there are new reports. Re: the new maps 'feature'; It's still two clicks to select a village and go to the rally point - it seems like more hassle when my connection is being laggy - it seems like clever coding, but I'd like to be able to turn it off.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Specifically the fixed brown strip across the top is awful. If you like loading every toolbar available and losing half of your screen then you might like it, but for the rest of us it is incredibly irritating to have to scroll up and down more it is a nuisance. It is unforgiveable that it does not let me look at the entire 15x15 map at once without scrolling though.

I don't know about any other features yet - so far it is too horrible to contemplate. I've sent a support ticket to see how I can reset it - let's see what answer I get...

share if you find out how to make it dissapear of hid or whatever. it's the thing that annoys me the most so far.

DeletedUser656

If you have premium you can revert to the old look by setting your graphics package CSS location to: /oldstyle.css

DeletedUser

Well we got it--thankfully before all the other worlds...

W54 was actually launched with the new version so most people have tried it out already.

Pros

- Love the map. Scrolling through at ease is really convenient and comfortable. Also larger sizes than 15x15 are convenient
- I like the how the quickbar centers the scripts, looks neater
- I think notebook tabs are great
- Being able to leave notes on all villages, not just your own is awesome too

Cons

- Not really used to the layout. Not sure I like the way it looks.

DeletedUser

awesome. now i liek it more, ty :)

i don;t like centering quickbar scripts. with old look (thanks again morthy) i can say that i love new notebook and bigger map. i like drag and drop map moving and world map. demolishing/building from overview is nice too.
miliseconds in commands are awesome :)

DeletedUser

Thanks Morphy - I pasted that in and it worked.

Seeing the last attack now needs to be selected in the pop-up options dialogue, but it's there. The map isn't showing me the villages with attacks going there/troops returning though now. I wonder if that will reset itself somehow.

I just noticed that I can make the map bigger, which is positive, although I certainly won't be able to see it all at once.

DeletedUser

couldnt find my friends list for like the longest lololol wanted to troll some of my friends but i couldnt even see who was on :lol:

eh Map feature is cool, just a bit confusing at first.

didnt mess my scripts up, so i dont care that much :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

The whole look reminds me of an old Victorian leather wing backed armchair

Typhi

[EDIT] At the moment I'm not getting notice of what the last report was when the pointer floats over a village - maybe that will change when there are new reports. Re: the new maps 'feature'; It's still two clicks to select a village and go to the rally point - it seems like more hassle when my connection is being laggy - it seems like clever coding, but I'd like to be able to turn it off.

Ah, but you can turn off the Context Menu! :D Just untick the 'Activate Context Menu' button underneath your minimap. I really recommend you leave it though, as it saves you loading time.

DeletedUser

Ah, but you can turn off the Context Menu! :D Just untick the 'Activate Context Menu' button underneath your minimap. I really recommend you leave it though, as it saves you loading time.

Map loading times are faster either way. Commands are about .200-.500 slower being sent for me and the few others that I've asked about it so far.

DeletedUser

Very happy we can set to the old style - the new one really sucks... and is much slower. Can hardly use on iphone... and cannot see on the night-time - as screen too dark... its really offputting and now making me rethink going on any new worlds if this is what its going to be like.

DeletedUser

Very happy we can set to the old style - the new one really sucks... and is much slower. Can hardly use on iphone... and cannot see on the night-time - as screen too dark... its really offputting and now making me rethink going on any new worlds if this is what its going to be like.

yeh i dont like the night time settings, wish they would brighten it up a bit. other then that. no complaints lol

DeletedUser656

You can turn off the night graphics in the Settings menu.

DeletedUser

I like Morthy's answers better than the one I had from the support ticket:
Hello Lord Greg,

You can create a custom .CSS layout if you don't like the current layout.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX, (name deleted to protect the unhelpful)
Senior In-game Moderator

It's interesting to know that I could create a custom layout - maybe we should all make some skins and swap them / have a competition to find the best - but I wouldn't know how to start.

I do like having the option of a bigger map - when I'm farming I don't want to have to keep moving the map to get to other villages, but I do find it a pain that I need to select the village AND THEN [ctrl] click the troops button to open them in multiple tabs. It means (i) that the number of troops in the village does not update as i click on the rally point and (ii) I don't get to see the previous attack report before deciding on troops to send. I can't see how to resolve this without dumping the whole feature though.

Typhi

Well, you can deactivate the Context Menu with the checkbox just under the minimap.

DeletedUser96990

Mass recruit scripts don't work with the update. Does anybody have one?

I like that you can scroll over a village and the options you're given but it would be nice to see the last time you attacked it and whether or not you got a full hall/green/yellow/red

DeletedUser

i couldn't find the overview button for like 30 minutes.... lol

as for your script there is one in the script section (crazy right?)
just a single layout type script but it works on the update.

wasn't a huge fan of the top bar.

liking the current map as it is much easier to navigate.

scienticien said:
it would be nice to see the last time you attacked it and whether or not you got a full hall/green/yellow/red

it is in the pop-up options.

not sure yet how i feel about the support showing up in the corner (where attacks show up) but think it will be nice to see.