PS3 or new PC

DeletedUser

Ive been going back and forth with myself for the last month over what I should get with my $1000 USD gaming budget this year. Now I know in terms of raw performance the PC is the way to go. But There are games I havent played yet cuz I sold my PS2 before I could play them-- like: Suikoden 5; FF12; ROTK10. Yeah, im an ROTK fan... what can I say? Its an acquired taste.

So since we have ppl all over the world that play tribal wars... which would you do with $1000 USD? Keep in mind this PC rig here will change cuz if I go PC route Ill go the DX10 cards prolly if theyre as good as all the hype. theyll prolly be the same price and everything only better though so I can use this as an outline. Anyways lemme know your thoughts on these two things here cuz maybe you can consider something I havent yet.

The PS3 will have linux on it. I have no idea what it will be able to do with it. I suppose if you had Linux you could have languages on it and program things to do stuff. Since Linux is so open ended in terms of user development and flexibility that its something to consider because I know sony didnt put any limitations on the people who are making the OS. The ps3 has a few games that arent Backwards-Compatible but its only minor details in the audio of some games and most of it will be "fixed" somehow, so says Sony anyway. I would think that the Linux OS would be powerful since it would be a perfect opportunity to score some points in a crowd of gamers who are all probably geared up for vista.

PS3
PS3 (60gb)
Suikoden 5
Final Fantasy 12
2 PS3 Games
PS3 Controller
PS3 Remote Control

PC
ECS 945G-M3 Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe 2.13GHz
DIAMOND X1950PRO PCIE 512MB GDDR3
CORSAIR XMS2 2 x 1GB (PC2 5400)
RAIDMAX 630W PSU

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm not going to advise either way, but if you do get a PS3, wait a bit until the price goes down. Right now the thing is like $600. About $150 is to cover the cost of Blu-ray which is essentially only useful for movies.

DeletedUser2142

Well, I would get niether, and buy an Xbox 360. They are tremendusly underrated...

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Well, I would get niether, and buy an Xbox 360. They are tremendusly underrated...

With good reason. Sorry. XBOX 720 wont even have enough to touch the PS series. Not until they get more than a handful of developers to release more games. They dont release any games I would want to play anyway. Besides that anyone who pays 2 monthly charges for internet needs their head examined. And besides that Id sooner get Wii before I bought ANYTHING by Microsoft.

I played ps1 and ps2 because of the quality of games. Most of the horn-blowing Xbox gamers dont seem to realize its not about the power of your system. Most of those old ps2 games no one plays anymore are better than any XBox game ever made. These are old companies around longer than Sony and Microsoft. Companies like Square, who will continue to realize exclusive titles regardless of their other ventures, Konami, who releases the most innovative RPGs of all time, and so many others.

List goes on and on.

I would pay 800 for the system honestly. Anyone who bought the Ps1 and Ps2, like me, you can be certain would do the same. Its worth every penny. Like I said--Sony just "gets it".

Months from now when the horde of developers push the Ps3 to its very limit and go places no one thought were possible we will all marvel at the Innovation and Technology of the HUMAN BRAIN because no CPU or GPU or Stick of RAM can replace the human brain and the process of thought for creation. This is an understanding that put and keeps Sony at the very top above its competitors. Its not about how many people you have in the world. Its not about how many times you fire your gun in a single round. These things may tickle the common noob but for those of us around since the days of Ultima and anything previous... it simply wont do. Those are the folks youll see either sticking to the PC or paying 2000 dollars for a system they know is worth every penny.

I play, and enjoy, playstation games because Im sick of getting ripped off. I play them because of an understanding that if you put enough graphics into the game-- the game itself is going to suck. Sadly, this is the case is most PC games and, no doubt, in its "sister system", the Xbox, which is nothing more than a smaller PC. No thanks. If you want to get ripped off thats your thing.

XXX800000:icon_rolleyes:

What?

Edit: Anyways I looked a the prices for the ps2. The refurbished ones come with a guarentee and are only 100 USD. So Ill grab one of those, The games I wanted, and later on grab some AGP upgrades. I prolly wont wanna play those dx10 games anyway.

DeletedUser

its not there but i have one word "wii" they look so cool and even sony say they messed up on PS3 hows that for confidance in the product.

RageDiablo

Here is the best consoles (from top to bottom)

- Xbox 360
- Xbox
- Nintendo 64
- Wii
- SNES
- Gameboy Advanced
- Gameboy
- Then comes the Playstations

As you can see I am not a fan Of playstation, xbox has had many more fun agmes than PS. for example Play Station had Metal Gear Solid..... Xbox has Splinter Cell. And Xbox also has Halo.....
Playstation games were ok, but never great, N64 games were great fun, with games such as Perfect Dark, which is coming to Xbox 360

DeletedUser

Im going to say that Xbox 360 is immense, and ive played Gears of War, and i must say the gameplay and graphics make this THE best game ive played of this type, Halo and Halo 2 isnt even in the same league! Online gameplay makes this game even better than its competitors, i feel that Gears of War is reason enough to buy Xbox 360 in itself!

Matty

DeletedUser541

The answer is simple, Buy a Wii

AMEN.

Talus said:
I played ps1 and ps2 because of the quality of games. Most of the horn-blowing Xbox gamers dont seem to realize its not about the power of your system.

Companies like Square, who will continue to realize exclusive titles regardless of their other ventures, Konami, who releases the most innovative RPGs of all time, and so many others.

Hahaha, you do realize that one of PS3's main selling points is it's superior power right?
By the way, Square releases exclusive titles for Wii and Konami releases RPG's for Wii aswell.

Talus said:
Anyone who bought the Ps1 and Ps2, like me, you can be certain would do the same. Its worth every penny. Like I said--Sony just "gets it".

WRONG. I wouldn't and I have a PSX and a PS2.

Talus said:
Months from now when the horde of developers push the Ps3 to its very limit and go places no one thought were possible we will all marvel at the Innovation and Technology of the HUMAN BRAIN because no CPU or GPU or Stick of RAM can replace the human brain and the process of thought for creation. This is an understanding that put and keeps Sony at the very top above its competitors.

You are hilarious, you can't put PS3 and innovation on the same sentense. They didn't even change the damned controller. PS3 is just a PSX with online capabilities and better graphics.

Talus said:
I play, and enjoy, playstation games because Im sick of getting ripped off. I play them because of an understanding that if you put enough graphics into the game-- the game itself is going to suck.

:lol: This actually made me laugh! You DO realize that PS3's main selling point is it's superior graphic capabilities right?

DeletedUser

:lol: This actually made me laugh! You DO realize that PS3's main selling point is it's superior graphic capabilities right?

Even then, I've been looking at screenshots of multi platform games for the 360 and PS3... They have about equal graphics in terms of how realistic they are, but the 360 games seem to have more detail. lol

DeletedUser

Here is a radical suggestion for you :) buy the machine that has the games you wish to play the most :icon_eek: After all a plastic box is a plastic box, its the games that count not the label at the top :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser541

Even then, I've been looking at screenshots of multi platform games for the 360 and PS3... They have about equal graphics in terms of how realistic they are, but the 360 games seem to have more detail. lol

Right now this may be true. But remember developers have been creating games for X360 for a long while now. When developers get the hang of PS3 it will be superior.

DeletedUser

Oh, I dunno, looking at the commercial, you kinda get the idea that it´s for 50 year old men with Parkinson :icon_rolleyes:

Battling with swords (In a sense) is for 50 year old men? Boxing? CoD 3? Your grandfather must be talented.