PTT-B Brief History

DeletedUser

Been more than a year since I took a look here, very sad I can't find PTT-B anymore.

For any of you interested enough, PTT-B was founded by myself and a bunch of friends from Taiwan, and most of us weren't all that experienced in this game.

PTT-B was called something else in the beginning, something to do with Formosa, then we were approached by the PTT family, which was also led by Taiwanese, so we joined under the terms that they will not meddle in our business, and changed the name to PTT-F.

Then we grew. At some point we realised if we weren't in a family tribe we could have grown so much quicker, but friendships were made, so that's that.

One day some of the Taiwanese leaders were chatting and someone came up with the idea of setting up 4 PTT tribes, using the 4 Gods who protected the four directions in ancient Chinese mythology as our emblems, and that's how we became PTT-B (the Black Tortoise God).

At that point I started to lead the PTT family and everything was going well. The 4 tribes were all in top 10, with PTT-B never topping the OD scores since pretty much the beginning of the server.

Then I left the game.

I came back after a few months as Jason-theKing-Yeh. At that time most of the top players in PTT has already given their accounts to new players because the game got a bit boring for them or simply real life caught up. Seeing PTT-B was going nowhere, I started a war with the MP family, had some fun, then left the game again.

So, that's the first half of the story for PTT-B and the PTT family. It was the best gaming experience I ever had, just remembering the "glorious days" still gives me a blood rush.

I'll pop back a few more times to answer questions if anyone's interested enough to ask about that time period of the W7 history.

Anyone who still remember me, hi.

DeletedUser

I do have a lot of early memories from days although vague on player names. I think more or less all the players that where involved in the K54 battle between PTT/Barbar against VHFARK(i think that was the tribe name). Was a good fight and very good learning especially as i came up against kaerazure for the first time. Although i think a lot of the main PTT guys left a month or so into this around the same time elfche and a few others got banned.

think i might still have some stuff somewhere only names i seem to remember at minute from VH is kjomdal n nappelol.

DeletedUser

The funny thing about you starting that war with MP, is exactly why PTT-B doesn't exist anymore. I'll explain: The members of MP (which mostly turned into FxF) never forgot that event......and 2 years later, when the world came down to 3 tribes (-WE-, FxF, and PTT)....FxF still refused to work with PTT because of that game long rivalry. That was the last chance either of those two tribes had to stand against -WE-. Many of those former MP players had no other goal except to outlast the PTT family (which they succeeded), and that was victory enough for them.

---> Oh yea, that and turning down TFB....that didn't help either.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Now here is a blast from the past...Formosan, you were one of the few people outside of TK that I respected, I used to love the skirmishes our tribes used to have. The one with a collection of your stronget players vs. Our early iscolated leader Casa1&mompty (think that was how it was spelt) springs to mind in particular. Good, unforgettable times.

DeletedUser53550

The funny thing about you starting that war with MP, is exactly why PTT-B doesn't exist anymore. I'll explain: The members of MP (which mostly turned into FxF) never forgot that event......and 2 years later, when the world came down to 3 tribes (-WE-, FxF, and PTT)....FxF still refused to work with PTT because of that game long rivalry. That was the last chance either of those two tribes had to stand against -WE-. Many of those former MP players had no other goal except to outlast the PTT family (which they succeeded), and that was victory enough for them.

---> Oh yea, that and turning down TFB....that didn't help either.

Indeed Way too much hate between the two..

giantsfrey

i have a lot of memories of PTT's old leaders sucking. welcome back to the world that smashed your "elite" sinking ship of a noobtribe, formosan. good luck finding anybody that cares about your little section of fail in this world 3 years ago :)

kaerazure

i have a lot of memories of PTT's old leaders sucking. welcome back to the world that smashed your "elite" sinking ship of a noobtribe, formosan. good luck finding anybody that cares about your little section of fail in this world 3 years ago :)

well not entirely true giantsfrey. Despite never being in a PTT tribe ever, I know there are very good and capable leaders of PTT. How do i know this? because my brother was in PTT-B, i dont know if anyone remembers his name tho:lol: benjiebyro. Before i came over to TFB there really wasnt much action on my side on K55 aside from the war that BarBar and VH had back then, so i enjoyed seeing through my brother's account how PTT-B's war with MP and FxF was ensuing. and it was damn well good, some wins and losses on both sides but clearly PTT-B had the upperhand after clearing up 2 players in a couple of waves. haha i miss the old days.

and hello to formosan, crim, knight, chief, chaos and giantsfrey.

DeletedUser

I remember the Benjie account, when was your brother playing it until ?

kaerazure

@laz

we quit around the same time, but he had to finish some ops he lead that time against FxF.

@ john ray

i lol'ed