Quick rim refresh question.

DeletedUser108402

Have not played in awhile and feel dumb asking, but currently farming on the rim and just started this world. people seem to enjoy spiking my area. so in turn i decided to place a couple spikes myself every time i hit one.

Not sure if this is a good strategy or not since i usually don't run into this problem to much in past worlds.

Erig

Since w79 is already developed with a small world size, I wouldn't recommend spiking on the rim. On the rim, you are most likely already very behind compared to players maybe 20-30 fields away.

DeletedUser108402

Just placing a spike where they placed one incase they are removing them as they are farming. kinda already got an idea who they are so will most likely take them out when the time comes when i have scouts.

DeletedUser117577

stick to microfarming...spiking yourself doesnt make a difference..you lose troops anyhow.avoid the barbs spiked.if you can identity the players.then stop farming in their area.give yourself and Your troops always a higher priority than someone elses.

mattcurr

To be fair with you, that sounds way too time consuming, and would have to be done regularly for the information to be correct.

How people used to farm. If you want to avoid spikes that is pretty much the best way, im not sure how time consuming it is compared to spam lc farming. Compared to some other methods maybe but certainly not the most time consuming

DeletedUser

How people used to farm. If you want to avoid spikes that is pretty much the best way, im not sure how time consuming it is compared to spam lc farming. Compared to some other methods maybe but certainly not the most time consuming

As you're one of the top players, I'm sure you're well aware that this world, Micro Farming is the key. If you farm with 3-5 LC and use a decent farming script, losing that little amount of LC won't affect anything. After the aforementioned LCs die, the stacked village won't appear in the FA list anymore. In my opinion having to scout beforehand would significantly reduce the time you actually spend farming. However that is just my own opinion, everyone has to find their own way that suits them, what I mentioned was just from my personal experience and it has been working out for me, holding Plunderer of the Day achievement for today with around 10k plunders difference compared to the next contender.

Epic Pandas

Having plunderer awards in itself is nothing to be proud of, it just means that you know how to spam LC at some barbs.

DeletedUser

Oh, my apologies, did not realize we have 2 looters of the day here in this very thread.
On Topic: as you can imagine I'm not the biggest player, nor claim to be the best. I just follow the aforementioned topic and share my experience and how I personally deal with the situations like this, to help out WarMonger, if you have something to add or another suggestion to make on Topic feel free to do so, otherwise I see no point in those comments.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattcurr

Id debate that, ive sent 100,000 farm runs this world world. Micro farming is not key imo

I dont think you see my meaning.

DeletedUser

Of course. As I said everyone has their own method, and I'm not here to claim mine is the best. 550,000 Farms runs in w79 currently, however I do take quantity over quality when it comes to farming, and it's just my personal preference. Nevertheless currently that does not really matter, as we're not discussing the most optimal farming method, but rather finding the best possible solution for WarM0nger. Currently he has two options to consider and he can freely pick the one that helps him overcome this obstacle as well as fits with his playstyle.

DeletedUser103945

Don't spike unless you are hella bored and don't mind wasting resources. You will lose way more than others around you unless you know for sure there is only one other guy farming where you plan to spike and you don't mind feeling his wrath when he retaliates because for sure he'll know it's you.

DeletedUser108402

True. Thanks for the refresher guys. I used a combination in the past for looting both micro and also sending 1 sw 1sp with a scout or when i get up to lc then lc spam. would go into reports as they came in and sent troops to finish off what ever was left.

DeletedUser108402

Also decided i did not like the area so i moved, the guy saturated my whole area with spikes so i would have to go out 3+hrs. not worth my time for starting a world early. great core strategy to keep the rim growing slow and then move into that area. but i highly doubt that was what was happening.

DeletedUser117577

good decision.takes some good thinking to restart and move to a new location.if you had reasons to do it,they must have been pretty good.

and my personal opinion.both c farming and microfarming is good. i love microfarming more and do the same all through to the point where i have a couple of villages and my cluster is pretty much only me.after that i c farm.right now havent done microfarming in a week since most barbs are with walls above 3-4.trying to ram down all those walls everyday just seemed too time consuming.so c farming.

but whatever works out better for the player is the better method.try and experiment..the one you are more comfortable with should be your preference.there is nothing like one method is better than the other shit.simply perspectives. good luck with this world bro. :)