Quotes

DeletedUser67788

Homer Simpson said:
Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel.

Homer Simpson said:
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.

Homer Simpson said:
Here’s to alcohol, the cause of — and solution to — all life’s problems.

Simpsons quotes > war quotes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser62543

"You must love the Army with all you soul, and be able to order the death of that which you love"

DeletedUser

Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok.

DeletedUser

Simpsons quotes < war quotes.

Did you mean to say that Simpsons quotes are better than war quotes? If so you got the symbol the wrong way round :lol:

Sun Tzu said:
"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys.
Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"

DeletedUser67788

Did you mean to say that Simpsons quotes are better than war quotes? If so you got the symbol the wrong way round :lol:

Rofl,

... I have no idea what your talking about. Looks right to me :icon_cool:

Homer Simpson said:
Oh, I’m in no condition to drive. Wait a minute. I don’t have to listen to myself. I’m drunk.

Grandpa Simpson said:
I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems scary and wierd. It'll happen to you

DeletedUser

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.

-- Marcus Aurelius - Roman Emperor, 161 - 180 AD.

Men in general are quick to believe that which they wish to be true.

Cowards die many times before their actual deaths.

As a rule, men worry more about what they can't see than about what they can.

-- Julius Caesar - Roman Dictator, 49 - 44 BC.

Make haste slowly.

I like treachery, but I cannot say anything good of traitors.

Do you young men listen to an old man, to whom old men listened when he was young.

-- Augustus - First Roman Emperor, 27 BC - 14 AD.

Romans < Simpsons Quotes

>.>

DeletedUser

Romans < Simpsons Quotes

>.>

I agreed, Simpsons quotes are better than Roman ones :lol:

Sun Tzu said:
Throw your soldiers into positions whence there is no escape, and they will prefer death to flight. If they will face death, there is nothing they may not achieve.

ravnscream

It doesn't matter what they say
or am I going the right way
I don't give a f..k
I want to drink this bottle alone

Cryhavoc - Armageddon Y'know

DeletedUser

quote:
I may not like what you say, but I'll fight till my dieing breath your right to say it.
Voltaire

' Nuke em from orbit. Its the only way to be sure'
Ripley

' Speak softly and carry a big stick'
Roosevelt

Sincerely,
Daysteppr

DeletedUser

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.

not sure who said this. but it pretty much sums up how i feel about the way most governments operate.

EDIT: was Aesop who said it.. whoever he is :lol:

DeletedUser

“It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through.” ~Zig Ziglar

Milfbuster

'Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure'

~ Marianne Williamson

DeletedUser

"The difference between a brave man and a coward is not how he feels, but what he does despite those feelings" - Lieutenant James FitzGibbon, a great Canadian hero

DeletedUser75964

Here are just some of my favorites, I tried to cut out some but its really hard.
Sorry its so long but...

"Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
"He alone is free who lives with free consent under the entire guidance of reason."
~Albert Einstine
"Reason itself is fallible, and this fallibility must find a place in our logic."
~Nicola Abbagnano
"There is no such thing as a 'self-made' man. We are made up of thousands of others."
~George Matthew Adams
"We cannot waste time. We can only waste ourselves."
~George Matthew Adams
"What you think means more than anything else in your life. More than what you earn, more than where you live, more than your social position, and more than what anyone else may think about you."
~George Matthew Adams
"Whatever can be thought of is an idea in the mind of the person thinking of it; therefore nothing can be thought of except ideas in minds; therefore anything else is inconceivable, and what is inconceivable cannot exist."
~Bertrand Russell
"As iron is eaten away by rust, so the envious are consumed by their own passion."
~Antisthenes
"I doubt one could live in the darkness, but one could probably survive."
~Nathaniel LeTonnerre
"If I am not pleased with myself, but should wish to be other than I am, why should I think highly of the influences which have made me what I am?"
~John Lancaster Spalding
"When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you."
~Friedrich Nietzche
"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."
~Albert Einstein
"When I became convinced that the universe is natural, that all the ghosts and gods are myths, there entered into my brain, into my soul, into every drop of my blood the sense, the feeling, the joy of freedom. The walls of my prison crumbled and fell. The dungeon was flooded with light and all the bolts and bars and manacles became dust. I was no longer a servant, a serf, or a slave. There was for me no master in all the wide world, not even in infinite space. I was free--free to think, to express my thoughts--free to live my own ideal, free to live for myself and those I loved, free to use all my faculties, all my senses, free to spread imagination's wings, free to investigate, to guess and dream and hope, free to judge and determine for myself . . . I was free! I stood erect and fearlessly, joyously faced all worlds."
~Robert G. Ingersoll
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and Im not sure about the former"
~Albert Einstein
"Life is never easy for those who dream."
~Robert James Waller
"Literature is mostly about having sex and not much about having children. Life is the other way round."
~David Lodge
"People living deeply have no fear of death."
~Anais Nin
"The fear of life is the favorite disease of the 20th century."
~William Lyon Phelps
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."
~Henry David Thoreau
"Do not seek for the truth; only cease to cherish opinions."
~Seng Ts'an
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
~Seneca
"If a little knowledge is dangerous, where is the man who has so much as to be out of danger? "
~Thomas H. Huxley
"The chess-board is the world, the pieces are the phenomena of the universe, the rules of the game are what we call the laws of Nature. The player on the other side is hidden from us. "
~Thomas H. Huxley
"No one has a finer command of language than the person who keeps his mouth shut"
~Sam Rayburn
"God created man...or was it the other way around?"
~???
"I think, therefor I am"
~Descartes
"If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties."
~Sir Francis Bacon
"But as a philosopher said, one day after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, after all the scientific and technological achievements, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire."
~ Robert Sargent Shriver
Warum ist überhaupt Seiendes, und nicht vielmehr Nichts?
~ Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz
"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe, the more often and the more seriously reflection concentrates upon them, the starry heaven above me, and the moral law within me."
~ Immanuel Kant
"Change alone is unchanging."
~ Heraclitus
"Man is something to be overcome; what have you done to overcome him?"
~Nietzsche
"A wise man, whether teaching or learning, only wishes to learn or teach those things which are useful."
~St. Maximos the Confessor
"Common sense is not so common."
~Voltaire
"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
~Voltaire
"Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not. Why should I fear that which cannot exist when I do?"
~Epicurus
"Dare to break the wall of the cave of limited thinking, and venture toward the light. Your eyes may hurt a bit to behold the day, but you will never return to the darkness."
~???
" We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time."
~T. S. Eliot
" To see a world in a grain of sand:
And Heaven in a wildflower
To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."
~William Blake
"Light is not diminished by being shared."
~Desiderata
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
~Bertrand Russell
"Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it."
~Mark Twain
"If a way to the Better there be, it exacts a full look at the worst."
~Thomas Hardy
"Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition."
~Timothy Leary
"When you ask a question, do you truly want to know the answer, or are you merely flaunting your power?"
~Dune
"The unexamined life isn't worth living."
~Socrates
"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself."
~???
"Beware the man of one book."
~Thomas Aquinas
"Reason has always existed, although not always in a reasonable form."
~Karl Marx
"I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death."
~George Carlin
"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is 'God is crying.' And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is 'Probably because of something you did.
~Kacl Handey
"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance."
~Socrates
"Too long have I sat with lonesomeness; there have I unlearned silence !"
~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"If a thousand people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."
~Lao Tzu
"Truth does not ask to be believed. It asks to be tested ... If faith is valid, then anything goes."
~Dan Barker
"Fools have been and will always be the majority of mankind."
~Denis Diderot
"Ignorance and bad teeth have at least one thing in common. Keeping your mouth closed makes them both less obvious"
~Unknown Alanic wiseman.
"Nothing has meaning on its own. If it wills to have meaning then it does."
~???
"We are not indebted for our existence."
~???
"To whom it may concern, Dear humanity, what has happened to you?"
~???
“Speak only if it improves upon the silence.”
~Mohandas Gandhi
“A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.”
~Albert Einstein
Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.
~Albert Einstein
“I'm not an atheist and I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many different languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward god.”
~Albert Einstein

DeletedUser75819

Here are just some of my favorites, I tried to cut out some but its really hard.
Sorry its so long but...

"Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
"He alone is free who lives with free consent under the entire guidance of reason."
~Albert Einstine
"Reason itself is fallible, and this fallibility must find a place in our logic."
~Nicola Abbagnano
"There is no such thing as a 'self-made' man. We are made up of thousands of others."
~George Matthew Adams
"We cannot waste time. We can only waste ourselves."
~George Matthew Adams
"What you think means more than anything else in your life. More than what you earn, more than where you live, more than your social position, and more than what anyone else may think about you."
~George Matthew Adams
"Whatever can be thought of is an idea in the mind of the person thinking of it; therefore nothing can be thought of except ideas in minds; therefore anything else is inconceivable, and what is inconceivable cannot exist."
~Bertrand Russell
"As iron is eaten away by rust, so the envious are consumed by their own passion."
~Antisthenes
"I doubt one could live in the darkness, but one could probably survive."
~Nathaniel LeTonnerre
"If I am not pleased with myself, but should wish to be other than I am, why should I think highly of the influences which have made me what I am?"
~John Lancaster Spalding
"When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you."
~Friedrich Nietzche
"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death."
~Albert Einstein
"When I became convinced that the universe is natural, that all the ghosts and gods are myths, there entered into my brain, into my soul, into every drop of my blood the sense, the feeling, the joy of freedom. The walls of my prison crumbled and fell. The dungeon was flooded with light and all the bolts and bars and manacles became dust. I was no longer a servant, a serf, or a slave. There was for me no master in all the wide world, not even in infinite space. I was free--free to think, to express my thoughts--free to live my own ideal, free to live for myself and those I loved, free to use all my faculties, all my senses, free to spread imagination's wings, free to investigate, to guess and dream and hope, free to judge and determine for myself . . . I was free! I stood erect and fearlessly, joyously faced all worlds."
~Robert G. Ingersoll
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity and Im not sure about the former"
~Albert Einstein
"Life is never easy for those who dream."
~Robert James Waller
"Literature is mostly about having sex and not much about having children. Life is the other way round."
~David Lodge
"People living deeply have no fear of death."
~Anais Nin
"The fear of life is the favorite disease of the 20th century."
~William Lyon Phelps
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."
~Henry David Thoreau
"Do not seek for the truth; only cease to cherish opinions."
~Seng Ts'an
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."
~Seneca
"If a little knowledge is dangerous, where is the man who has so much as to be out of danger? "
~Thomas H. Huxley
"The chess-board is the world, the pieces are the phenomena of the universe, the rules of the game are what we call the laws of Nature. The player on the other side is hidden from us. "
~Thomas H. Huxley
"No one has a finer command of language than the person who keeps his mouth shut"
~Sam Rayburn
"God created man...or was it the other way around?"
~???
"I think, therefor I am"
~Descartes
"If a man will begin with certainties, he shall end in doubts; but if he will be content to begin with doubts he shall end in certainties."
~Sir Francis Bacon
"But as a philosopher said, one day after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity, after all the scientific and technological achievements, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire."
~ Robert Sargent Shriver
Warum ist überhaupt Seiendes, und nicht vielmehr Nichts?
~ Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz
"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing wonder and awe, the more often and the more seriously reflection concentrates upon them, the starry heaven above me, and the moral law within me."
~ Immanuel Kant
"Change alone is unchanging."
~ Heraclitus
"Man is something to be overcome; what have you done to overcome him?"
~Nietzsche
"A wise man, whether teaching or learning, only wishes to learn or teach those things which are useful."
~St. Maximos the Confessor
"Common sense is not so common."
~Voltaire
"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
~Voltaire
"Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not. Why should I fear that which cannot exist when I do?"
~Epicurus
"Dare to break the wall of the cave of limited thinking, and venture toward the light. Your eyes may hurt a bit to behold the day, but you will never return to the darkness."
~???
" We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time."
~T. S. Eliot
" To see a world in a grain of sand:
And Heaven in a wildflower
To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour."
~William Blake
"Light is not diminished by being shared."
~Desiderata
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
~Bertrand Russell
"Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it."
~Mark Twain
"If a way to the Better there be, it exacts a full look at the worst."
~Thomas Hardy
"Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition."
~Timothy Leary
"When you ask a question, do you truly want to know the answer, or are you merely flaunting your power?"
~Dune
"The unexamined life isn't worth living."
~Socrates
"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself."
~???
"Beware the man of one book."
~Thomas Aquinas
"Reason has always existed, although not always in a reasonable form."
~Karl Marx
"I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death."
~George Carlin
"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is 'God is crying.' And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is 'Probably because of something you did.
~Kacl Handey
"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet."
~Napoleon Bonaparte
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance."
~Socrates
"Too long have I sat with lonesomeness; there have I unlearned silence !"
~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"If a thousand people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."
~Lao Tzu
"Truth does not ask to be believed. It asks to be tested ... If faith is valid, then anything goes."
~Dan Barker
"Fools have been and will always be the majority of mankind."
~Denis Diderot
"Ignorance and bad teeth have at least one thing in common. Keeping your mouth closed makes them both less obvious"
~Unknown Alanic wiseman.
"Nothing has meaning on its own. If it wills to have meaning then it does."
~???
"We are not indebted for our existence."
~???
"To whom it may concern, Dear humanity, what has happened to you?"
~???
“Speak only if it improves upon the silence.”
~Mohandas Gandhi
“A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.”
~Albert Einstein
Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.
~Albert Einstein
“I'm not an atheist and I don't think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many different languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn't know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward god.”
~Albert Einstein

could someone make that a spoiler? its hella long

DeletedUser2119

One my favs

When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty,
and there is nothing more to fear from them, then he is always stirring up
some war or other, in order that the people may require a leader.

- Plato

War is too serious a matter to entrust to military
men

- Georges Clemenceau

In war there is no prize for the runner-up

- General Omar Bradley
Another good one

The architects of this wickedness will find no
safe harbor in this world. We will chase our
enemies to the furthest corners of this Earth. It
must be war without quarter, pursuit without rest,
victory without qualification.

- Rep. Tom Delay

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter.
Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace--but there is no
peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale
that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears
the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are
already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What
is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be
purchased at the price of chains and slavery?
Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course
others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or
give me death!

- Patrick Henry