Raise Your Game

• Thread starter DeletedUser117534
  • Start date

DeletedUser117534

Subject: Warning, Must read & carry out everyone!

VFFhX1i.png

gk2tQRX.png
C6Ff2Pa.png

I remember good old days of 2008 when I have decided to duke my first tribe. I thought I had enough experience to lead well and that my complete dedication would make my tribe successful. I have recruited 40 or more players in a small cluster without much selection or thinking. Most of those players were rather beginners focusing on upgrading mines and defending their first village. I was convinced that with a bit of guidance they could play on a decent level and the tribe would do great things. Unfortunately each and every time it was a failure.

That's why i was shocked to see that 8 years later not much has changed in tribal wars. There are the same types of tribes filled with players who still haven’t grasped the basic game concepts that may prevent other people from taking their village once the nobbling phase starts.

I am talking about all those players who still consider playing defensive style as a good strategy. Players who hide in large tribes for 'safety' thinking that even if they play poorly the size of the tribe will protect them from aggression. We have the miners who wonder how is it that they lose their village to a neighbour even though they have built the mines as quickly as they could but still had 20 times less troops than the person who attacked them.

No wonder we have tribes where leadership needs to use all those activity checks, compulsory sits, constant nudges, surveys and reminders caring about point averages or point to troop ratios to keep ‘control’ over the unskilled ones they have recruited. It makes me wonder have those people ever read a start-up guide or two?

I am in a process of writing a guide myself. It would have been a perfect opportunity to release it however I decided not rush things until the guild is 100% complete.

I will however paste a link to the guide that has helped me become a better player back in the days. It is slightly out of date but the main principles haven’t changed.

- General mechanics and numbers behind the game
-Importance of farming
-Building order
-Long term strategy
-Efficiency, limiting idle time and unnecessary loses

https://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?137637-Guide-From-HQ1-gt-500-Villages

I believe the game would become more fun for everyone if we lifted up the skills and knowledge of the average player. It wouldn’t be so easy for few tribes to dominate the world and we could say with confidence that .net is definitely the best server.

Wishing all the players best of luck and see you on the battlefield.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ignoramus of the Law

I think that playing mixt is actually worse than playing def.

Deleted User - 10017355

Novembre, have you tried making you're offensive players res boost your first village def players? It is only fair for the def players who will be supporting you and will make you're tribe much stronger!

The only bad strategy is a mixed village at startup. Eeww.

DeletedUser117534

I think that playing mixt is actually worse than playing def.

Agree

i agree w everyhthing except the italicz

Try few beers and they will start looking straight :p

Playing defensive is perfectly viable if you know how to do it correctly.

Novembre, have you tried making you're offensive players res boost your first village def players? It is only fair for the def players who will be supporting you and will make you're tribe much stronger!
The only bad strategy is a mixed village at startup. Eeww.

Absolutely right, any strategy can be viable in hands of a good player who is supported by a good tribe.

In the thread I was addressing players who don't really have a strategy, they say 'I play defense or offense' but they don't really understand how to execute it. I still think offensive strategy is the easiest to learn and execute without support of a tribe. Once a player learns the principles and commits to farming it will quickly place him in front of most people who don't farm as much, simple as that.

In two months we will see those offensive tribes taking a heavy lead in the rankings and I don't think there will be many people among them to use defensive builds. Economically LC farming is the most efficient and this statement is supported by math so can't be argued.
By saying that, not everyone has co players on the account or endless time to spend on farming. So people work, have families and like their balance RL so I think that is where defensive builds my be preferable and more useful in a tribe. As you mentioned wikkiddeath1 if a defensive player is supported with resources it can work well. That requires coordination so the tribe needs to be half decent to pull it off.

Now a small example.

Tribe A has 30 offensive players, while tribe B 25 Offensive and 5 Defensive.

Tribe A orders for everyone to have 500 SP 500 SW before nobling first village. Defenses of tribe B rely on only 5 players giving 25 slightly more fire power.

Nobling phase starts and tribe A has a capability of increasing by 30 villages but also is able to defend everyone. Tribe B can not grow that fast, even if it coordinates prenobling and clearing for the 5 DEF players they will always be slowing down the growth as they are lacking the full first nuke. I believe the growth gap between A and B could be quite large after a month of nobling. Also tribe A would have more mobile defences in case of a large spread.

It would be great to see more opinions on the topic of startup strategy, I believe we could have a good discussion in here while waiting for our academies to finish.

DeletedUser

A defensive first vill build still requires at least 500lc or so. In essence it is a mixed vill but if you do it correctly can still hit top ranks. You also actually don't have too much trouble clearing as people think since most people go pure O which means they can't defend.

tman93

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
A defensive first vill build still requires at least 500lc or so. In essence it is a mixed vill but if you do it correctly can still hit top ranks. You also actually don't have too much trouble clearing as people think since most people go pure O which means they can't defend.

500 LC against a full nuke will still get rekt.

DeletedUser118888

I believe what he meant was 500 lc for farming.

Triple Threat

i think because some of us have been playing for a long time we tend to forget about the newer players.

We would rather do a Halo on them and kill them instead of teaching them.

After playing this game for close to 10 years now you come up with strategys that work, which alot of newer players dont have.

DeletedUser

The problem being is that even though they're new, there is more then enough material available to learn about the game. It's a text based game, and there's a lot of reading and calculating involved. If they're not reading further into it, then it's those around them providing the misinformation.

I've taught people what nukes and nuke busters are, one of which went on and finishing top 15 in W72. If that isn't an achievement for a first world, then I don't know what is. The learning curve isn't as steep as it looks.

Deleted User - 4669627

500 LC against a full nuke will still get rekt.
half a nuke attacking will rek a nuke, therefore half a nuke is all that is needed in your first village
mixed first villages might be especially helpful to newb tribes

ashoka1

I believe the so called best tribe as per externals have mixed villages at startup.

FamousInferno

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score

Now a small example.

Tribe A has 30 offensive players, while tribe B 25 Offensive and 5 Defensive.

Tribe A orders for everyone to have 500 SP 500 SW before nobling first village. Defenses of tribe B rely on only 5 players giving 25 slightly more fire power.

Nobling phase starts and tribe A has a capability of increasing by 30 villages but also is able to defend everyone. Tribe B can not grow that fast, even if it coordinates prenobling and clearing for the 5 DEF players they will always be slowing down the growth as they are lacking the full first nuke. I believe the growth gap between A and B could be quite large after a month of nobling. Also tribe A would have more mobile defences in case of a large spread.

It would be great to see more opinions on the topic of startup strategy, I believe we could have a good discussion in here while waiting for our academies to finish.

Great, great point. Just to further explore this, let's just say in this example a player from both tribe A and tribe B receive a bunch of incoming attacks. In this example both of the tribes are equally as good at defending, and manage to stack that village getting hit. Both tribes are successful at defending the village, as they manage to get 1000 spear and 1000 sword into the village. Once again Tribe A relied on 30 players sending a small amount, and Tribe B required 5 players sending a large amount. Now even though the attacks were a success, 900 spear and 900 sword were killed in both examples. Tribe A barely notices the dent as it is divided among the 30 players who quickly rebuild the defence and barely notice it was missing. Tribe B on the other hand, is left with a huge wound that leaves a couple of players in crippled as they lost a large amount of troops which takes a while to rebuild. Now if they get attacked again they would be unable to defend with a similar amount of troops. This is a similar example of the packet system defence technique, however instead of sending a small amount of troops from each village you own, you are sending a small amount from each player. However the results and advantages still persist and highlight the effectiveness of what Novembre is showing.