Implemented Report Searching Improvements re-request

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser103498

While I do appreciate the sorting options that exist for reports, I feel that the system could be drastically improved. After speaking with a member of staff I was told that the information in each report would be difficult to store so that reports could be searched through and sorted in that manner (such as searching for small number of troops attacking you), and that the best solution would be to alter the report titles to help with searching instead.

I think this is a wonderful idea. I give no cares that the player attacking me has named their "TacoTueday 385.009.SW", so looking through reports by attacking village names is not useful to me, and although I'm sure you had as much fun naming your villages as I do, it doesn't matter in the reports. I care who is attacking or defending, from where, to where, when it happened, and what happened.

I propose that all reports that fall into either 'defending' or 'attacking' category receive a title in the following format:

"Player attacks Player from 123|123 K11 to 321|321 K33"

I also propose that the search function be changed to add basic BOOLEAN operators such as AND, OR, and NOT so you could theoretically search your reports by searching "Player" AND "K25".

In this proposed report title format you have the player names, the K, the village coordinates of both villages, and nothing superfluous. You would be able to ask a tribe member, "Have you been attacked by village 123|123 ?" or just "Hey, can you please send me all the reports in K35 and K36 for this player?"

If this has been written before, I apologize. In fact, I'm sure it's been brought up and argued over by better minds than mine, but I didn't find it, so there. Fingers crossed.

mch123

I agree that this is a good idea and could use a little more noise. I don't really have anything to add on the topic other than getting an option that catches all the resource market, achievements, friend request type reports under 1 category. Currently you have to search for each type individually. Not too big a deal but being able to seperate them from the offence/defence type reports would be nice.