Request to mods: Put up 'sticky' with world rules please?

• Thread starter DeletedUser105659
  • Start date

DeletedUser105659

Unless I've totally missed it, there seem to be no detailed guidelines for how casual world rules work.

If there is such a document, can it be posted up please?

Obviously, when one gets nobled, this message appears, but it's hardly exhaustive:

Transfer to a casual play world
Keep your village and start with a full warehouse
No attacks from players that are 20%+ larger than you
Many barbarian villages ripe for conquering
Main village cannot be conquered
Any premium features will be transferred to the new world
A new building called the "Church" will be present, which introduces a new strategic element.
Archers and mounted archers will be available for training.

Some specific queries I have about the above:

Does this mean we are entitled to attack players larger than us? And if so, are they prevented from retaliating? (I would add my opinion, that this would hardly be a fair situation - smaller players could build up ODA without fear of reprisal, just by nipping at larger players' heels).

Also - is the score a total calculation (all vills) or village-specific? By this, I mean if I have a 2.5Kvill, I'm safe from anyone above 3K. But if I have a 2.5vill and a 1.5K vill (total 4K), can both vills then be attacked by players with up to 4.8K points?

How does one know if a target is someone's main village? Can they still be scouted, cleared, farmed, catted etc?

All good and well, but 'casual' doesn't have to be 'pacifist'. Surely there is still some room for a bit of a scrap with other players?

A new building called the "Church" will be present, which introduces a new strategic element.
Churches aren't new ... or is this a new church configuration you are trialling? What strategic element are you referring to?

Many thanks for any enlightenment that can be provided.

DeletedUser

search the forums the answers you seek are contained within them

Find them, create your own post and request it be stickied if its well written Im sure it will be

DeletedUser

Unless I've totally missed it, there seem to be no detailed guidelines for how casual world rules work.

If there is such a document, can it be posted up please?

Obviously, when one gets nobled, this message appears, but it's hardly exhaustive:

Transfer to a casual play world
Keep your village and start with a full warehouse
Any premium features will be transferred to the new world
Archers and mounted archers will be available for training.

Some specific queries I have about the above:

Does this mean we are entitled to attack players larger than us? And if so, are they prevented from retaliating? (I would add my opinion, that this would hardly be a fair situation - smaller players could build up ODA without fear of reprisal, just by nipping at larger players' heels).

Also - is the score a total calculation (all vills) or village-specific? By this, I mean if I have a 2.5Kvill, I'm safe from anyone above 3K. But if I have a 2.5vill and a 1.5K vill (total 4K), can both vills then be attacked by players with up to 4.8K points?

Answer:You can not attack anyone in the world unless they are within 80%-120% of your TOTAL point range, not individual villages. So if you have 4k then you need to do 4,000x1.2=which equals 4,800 points is the biggest you can attack, the smallest is 4,000x.8=3,200 is the smallest you can attack.

How does one know if a target is someone's main village? Can they still be scouted, cleared, farmed, catted etc?

ANSWER:You just can not noble there main village. But you can cat it, scout it, clear it, and farm it. Considering that you are still within point range to attack the player. You still have to be within 80%-120% of your target. So many times you take a few villages from a player and then they get out of your point range then you have to wait until they get back in your point range to take them out some more. SUX!

All good and well, but 'casual' doesn't have to be 'pacifist'. Surely there is still some room for a bit of a scrap with other players?

ANSWER:You can still take other players if you are not nobling there main village and are within point range of you(80%-120%). But seeing as it is hard to do this people noble barbs all the time. I have done it just so that i can get in point range of someone bigger than me. Before you ask the barbarian villages on this world grow to 3k points.

Churches aren't new ... or is this a new church configuration you are trialling? What strategic element are you referring to?

ANSWER:It is the same church system that is in other worlds, i played world 48 for awhile so i know. But when they say that it is a NEW element it is because they didn't think that too many people would be playing this world that are players that have played for awhile.

Many thanks for any enlightenment that can be provided.

Let me know if you still have any questions.

WBB

DeletedUser105659

Many thanks W.B.B.

Your answer is helpful in the extreme. Also depressing :( but that's not your fault. I'm gonna noble soon, then I'm gonna be available to bigger players right beside me.

Ah well, what harm can it possibly do? hahahaha! <claws manically at face>

DeletedUser4587

Every other world has a sticky of the world settings.... the casual needs one too... especially considering the world settings are especially different.

DeletedUser

Every other world has a sticky of the world settings.... the casual needs one too... especially considering the world settings are especially different.
Yes, agreed. It would be a very welcome addition to the forum and by all of us who are bombarded by the new casual world joinees with 'WHAT? Why the Hell can't I attack anybody!?" :lol:

DeletedUser104661

agreed, all who agree please help the cause and give a sign to the TW mods & community by getting this topic some activity

DeletedUser101547

I don't think this forum will be moderated, esp as they didnt even want to give us a forum in the first place (until I sent a ticket and spammed the externals until we got one), so we're on our own folks.

Who wants to be blogger?

DeletedUser105659

.. Either people are lazy or too stupid to just check TW mainsite:

See thread title. In what sense is asking for a sticky to be put up, a sign of laziness or stupidity? Hypothetically, I might say that such a response indicates being too rude and too arrogant to follow basic rules of politeness. But that would be ill-mannered, so of course I shall say no such thing :icon_wink:

A Perfect Circle

Id love to get the auto updating maps working again. I mailed Fordy ages ago and havent had a resonse. I tried going on the link he provided but I cannot see how to change the default setting that are already set up. Id like to see the whole world map, not just the K's that were present long ago.

DeletedUser

Setting Value
Speed 1
Unit speed modifier 1
Moral activated Yes
Building destruction activated Yes
Trade Cancel time (secs) 300
Command Cancel time (secs) 600
Beginner protection (days) 3
Paladin Activated Yes
Archers Activated Yes
Gold Coin system Yes
Max noble distance 1000
Tribe member limit 30

That's the info you get from tw stats which doesn't answer the questions posed in the initial post

World settings Casual
» Guest access » Statistics

Settings
Game speed 1
Unit speed 1
Ability to demolish buildings active
Morale active (not time-based)
Farm rule inactive
Basic defense 20
Milliseconds active
Fake limit 1% of the village points
Research system simplified research
Church active
Awards active
Growing barbarian villages active (up to 3000 points)
Bonus villages Enhanced bonus villages
Time frame for cancelling attacks 10 Minutes
Time frame for cancelling trades 5 Minutes
Night bonus inactive
Protection for beginners 3 Days
max. ratio of attackers : defenders inactive
Casual attack block ratio Enabled, 20% based on lowest points
Flags Enabled
Units
Archers active
Scout system The scout can display enemy units, buildings and resources.
Paladin active, items can be found
The items are improved.
Militia Enabled
Nobleman
Increased prices for noblemen: Gold coins
Max noblemen distance 1000 Fields
Loyalty decrease per nobleman attack 20-35
Loyalty increase per hour 1
Configuration
Tribe member limit 30
Defeated opponents rankings active, according to points
Account sitting active
Account sitting restriction for permanent account sitting Restricted sitter access after an account has been sat 60 days within the last 120 days.
Free trade only possible within your own tribe
Select a direction active
Victory requirements Person with the highest score at the end of the round
Start date 2012-12-18
Version 18193 8.13

This is the info from http://enp1.tribalwars.net/stat.php?mode=settings again doesn't answer the initial post.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

OK then:
This is quite obvious. You can attack anyone but limited to:
- your current points * 1,20 = max possible target (this is obvious also that your overall points sum, not single village -_-' )
- counting for the lowest possible target is bit harder because * 0,8 does not work. As the red message says when trying:
Players can only attack each other when the bigger player's points do not exceed 120% of the smaller player's points.
You have to simply pick random target with less points, multiply his/her points * 1,2 and then look if your own fits that range or not - this will tell you if you can attack or not. Example:

You - 19k points
Your target - 15k points

15.000*1,2=18.000 (you can't attack, even though 19.000*0,8=15.200)

You - 30k points
Your target - 25k points

25.000*1,2=30.000 (you can attack)

The thing is, you can't attack forever, espacially due to points that are changing. Attacking means more in this case that you can launch attacks. Even if 1 hour later you will be unable to attack, launched attacks will still hit. Same goes to trains, however if 1 noble fails and defender is out of points range it means that he is safe and you can't send more nobles to finish.

Total, it would be completely stupid if related to single village.
Whenever you try to send nobles to a village that is "starting" you will get nice red message at top of the screen:
You cannot send noblemen to this village because it is a player's starting village.
This means you can send all other possible attacks but just you can't send nobles. The only way to noble such village is force player to quit (delete) or restart.
Plenty of barbarians is given due to limits in attacking players (that 120% points rule above).
Churches aren't new, just like many other aspects, but one that never played on church world will take that as a new change. I believe that strategic element is due to the farm slots used to build church.

Last edited by a moderator: