Rob's Graphic Shop

DeletedUser54677

Because he spammed this thread across several worlds, including my own.

Posting a thread about this in each world is not against the rules. He's merely stating that he is opening his business of siggeh-making to the general public in exchange for PP. You have no right to flame he because of this. Go back to your own forum and flame him there where he doesn't need to look upon the disgrace other worlds bring to the table when someone does this.

And the fact that people are easily influenced that this is the *best* of what they can get and are easily swayed into coughing up money for it.

It's true that they may not be the best siggehs out there, but he's at least putting his work out there. You also have no right to try and make him feel bad for wanting to charge PP for his work. Next time you feel like telling people how to run things, go tell your boss (Assuming you have a job) how to run his business. See what happens.

There are several sig makers across worlds that make it for free.

I'm one of them, but I only make siggehs for people I believe deserve one made by me. I have people offering to pay me some of the work I do that doesn't take me 10 minutes to throw together, but I don't take it because I don't believe I earned the right to take it.

If Rob believes his work is worth PP, leave him be. It's not like he's forcing you to the ground and hounding you for PP like some schoolyard bully.

/rant

DeletedUser

2 hours work? dude

this is a 15 minute job and even I wouldn't bother wanting pp for something like this
tutorialt.jpg

Nice tutorial and all, but you forgot:

A) To mention what particular software/editing program you use for this (there are several programs one can make sigs with)

B) Not all people are able to buy/use these programs as well as others. So rob is merely making another offer for people who can't make their own sigs, profile pics, etc.

Some sig makers accept premium in return, some don't. If they don't want to pay premium for graphics, they can go without or find someone else to do it, but if they want to reward the one creating their graphics for them, then rob is their man.

:icon_cool:

DeletedUser

Posting a thread about this in each world is not against the rules. He's merely stating that he is opening his business of siggeh-making to the general public in exchange for PP

I never said for him to stop. However he posted advertisements across worlds and I just decided to post at the source of it all - WHICH he linked me directly to.

You have no right to flame he because of this. Go back to your own forum and flame him there where he doesn't need to look upon the disgrace other worlds bring to the table when someone does this.

Next time you feel like telling people how to run things, go tell your boss (Assuming you have a job) how to run his business. See what happens.

I have no intention of flaming him. If you really wish to bring a business aspect to this, then stop thinking that the ball is in his court. Businesses strive to compete at varying levels in an attempt to outdo the other: One of these aspects includes consumer awareness.

As he is not my boss, I would be a third party just letting the public know that there is a better products for free than what they want you to pay for.

If Rob believes his work is worth PP
leave him be.

Never did I tell him to 'stop making signatures' etc. I simply made the public aware that they can have better results, for free, and at the same time, the ability to teach a man how to fish.

/counterrant

DeletedUser

Nice tutorial and all, but you forgot:

A) To mention what particular software/editing program you use for this (there are several programs one can make sigs with)

B) Not all people are able to buy/use these programs as well as others. So rob is merely making another offer for people who can't make their own sigs, profile pics, etc.

Some sig makers accept premium in return, some don't. If they don't want to pay premium for graphics, they can go without or find someone else to do it, but if they want to reward the one creating their graphics for them, then rob is their man.

:icon_cool:

I left it vague as each aspect can be achieved in all Cs2,Cs3,Cs4 and Gimp (which is free)

And as i've said. I'm not saying 'don't go to rob' - If he wishes to profit from something like this, so be it, however I feel inclined to let people know that you can achieve something like this for free.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I make cartoony ones. Not the elegant special effects type.

DeletedUser54677

I never said for him to stop. However he posted advertisements across worlds and I just decided to post at the source of it all - WHICH he linked me directly to.

And we're here defending him because of the quality work he does.

I have no intention of flaming him. If you really wish to bring a business aspect to this, then stop thinking that the ball is in his court. Businesses strive to compete at varying levels in an attempt to outdo the other: One of these aspects includes consumer awareness.

He has a right to choose his own business path. Being arrogant sometimes makes people want your product more.

As he is not my boss, I would be a third party just letting the public know that there is a better products for free than what they want you to pay for.

What you get for free isn't always what you want. Keep in mind that all his signatures thus far have been for free because he was making them for friends.

Never did I tell him to 'stop making signatures' etc. I simply made the public aware that they can have better results, for free, and at the same time, the ability to teach a man how to fish.

/counterrant

Same as above. Although I do encourage people to work for their own siggehs, many times people just plain lack the skill to make them, or lack the necessary components needed to make a siggeh.

/counter-counterrant

deadsocks

I hope no one actually pays you pp for that...

lol

goodluck
Tic; disregarding that you have no taste whatsoever in signatures... it's hard for people like us who are reasonably adept at using graphical programs to understand, but some people cannot (or won't) for the love of God in them produce a decent signature. Or even resize a pic so it's 80 x 700 using MS paint.

I'm not kidding here at all, how many times have you been asked... "how do you make a sig?" - asking not how you UPLOAD it, but rather how do you create the image? Rob is making effort on behalf of these people, and for that, I believe he requires some kind of payment.

Multiple people have actually OFFERED Rob premium points in the past for his signatures before he was even suggesting payment. So don't believe for a second that no one wants to buy his work. And if you think there is better out there, but they're just not aware, I invite you to advertise your wares to world 24 also. :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Yes but by asking for pp he will deter almost every customer. Even most of the ones that would probably offer him pp in the end.

DeletedUser

Tic; disregarding that you have no taste whatsoever in signatures... it's hard for people like us who are reasonably adept at using graphical programs to understand, but some people cannot (or won't) for the love of God in them produce a decent signature. Or even resize a pic so it's 80 x 700 using MS paint.

I'm not kidding here at all, how many times have you been asked... "how do you make a sig?" - asking not how you UPLOAD it, but rather how do you create the image? Rob is making effort on behalf of these people, and for that, I believe he requires some kind of payment.

Multiple people have actually OFFERED Rob premium points in the past for his signatures before he was even suggesting payment. So don't believe for a second that no one wants to buy his work. And if you think there is better out there, but they're just not aware, I invite you to advertise your wares to world 24 also. :p

@KillerKommando & Deadsocks
Defend him all you want - I am not attacking him.
Pay for his signatures - I am not stopping you.

My sole intention is to allow the public to know that they don't have to spend their money (on top of paying premium for TW) to get a work of art at such a satisfactory level.

So disregarding your 'idea' that people are stupid or lack common sense to 'learn' such simple aspects:- There is always a button called 'Help'

So berate, abuse, belittle me as much as you want; Your opinion means nothing.

DeletedUser54677

@KillerKommando & Deadsocks
Defend him all you want - I am not attacking him.
Pay for his signatures - I am not stopping you.

My sole intention is to allow the public to know that they don't have to spend their money (on top of paying premium for TW) to get a work of art at such a satisfactory level.

So disregarding your 'idea' that people are stupid or lack common sense to 'learn' such simple aspects:- There is always a button called 'Help'

So berate, abuse, belittle me as much as you want; Your opinion means nothing.

Most of the public know of these tools, and if they don't, they should learn more about what they're getting into.

Most people hate the help button. I sure as hell did when I first started making siggehs. Couldn't get the renders just right, colors were off, fonts clashed with each other... Not friendly to beginners without the help of someone who's done it before.

And we're not trying to berate you, you just came on here seeming belligerent and we responded with like posts. Glad we could clear that up, yes?

DeletedUser

Most of the public know of these tools, and if they don't, they should learn more about what they're getting into.

Most people hate the help button. I sure as hell did when I first started making siggehs. Couldn't get the renders just right, colors were off, fonts clashed with each other... Not friendly to beginners without the help of someone who's done it before.

And we're not trying to berate you, you just came on here seeming belligerent and we responded with like posts. Glad we could clear that up, yes?

Who's side are you on again? Lol

DeletedUser

Well, as you can plainly see. I am neutral.

Nah. JK- Flame away!

Mwhahahahahaa! :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted: :icon_twisted:

EDIT: I have got enough sense not to needlessly flame, but i chose to ignore it :)