111.png

2koh80.jpg

33lgzeu.jpg

4174099754_5f52536639_o.png

10p7vh1.jpg

Only one vote per person for the whole thing

Last edited by a moderator:

ganesh1

who did number 5? because i'm pretty sure nothing has been done to that, i've seen the stock image of this before.

DeletedUser

who did number 5? because i'm pretty sure nothing has been done to that, i've seen the stock image of this before.

Any chance you could find it again and post it?

I voted #5, as it is the only decent sig in the bunch. However, if it's ripped... :/

DeletedUser

I voted #5, as it is the only decent sig in the bunch. However, if it's ripped... :/

Someone posted the original stock in Entry thread, but it's gone now.

Basically, the resource is not a stock, but an artwork with all the effects except for pen-tool lines. I wouldn't call it a rip, though, just an extreme slack and an unauthorized use of artwork as a stock.

ganesh1

it was on a different game i play, on their graphics thread, i'll post it on there and see if anyone can direct me to the actual site.

EDIT:
I would class it as ripping, its not a render and it certainly isn't a stock image because it has been digitally enhanced by someone else, who have quite obviously used their own c4ds to manipulate the render, whilst the guy who did this, yes has done their own thing but still used someone elses work:

p.s sorry violet if it seems i'm hijacking the thread, i don't mean to, it's just that this is one of those touchy subjects in graphics that sometimes gets the better of me.

artk.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Im sorry ganesh, but it still took me a lot of time to get the pen tool lines correct, plus i did use smudging at places(near his left shoulder and again near his face it is white light smudging) and some other tools such as some c4d, which i think you didnt notice. And as far as i know, it was open for use and not copyrighted, so i dont see why i cant i use it. Getting the lightstreams right was also difficult, and i had to use some parts of a lightstream pack for help. I also had to correct his right hand as it was looking kind of unreal.

ganesh1

Im sorry ganesh, but it still took me a lot of time to get the pen tool lines correct, plus i did use smudging at places(near his left shoulder and again near his face it is white light smudging) and some other tools such as some c4d, which i think you didnt notice. And as far as i know, it was open for use and not copyrighted, so i dont see why i cant i use it. Getting the lightstreams right was also difficult, and i had to use some parts of a lightstream pack for help. I also had to correct his right hand as it was looking kind of unreal.

i'm not rating down the effort you add to the sig, just the fact that it was an already modified piece, which can clearly see. 99% of the images you find on google etc are copyrighted but because its not for commercial use it's became the norm.
However, i happen to know who the artist is (not personally) as i know his site (found it in a different forum) and his work all clearly states that they are copyrighted.

If you just took the render, that would be fine but it was more the fact that it was a digitally enhanced piece, and not a stock image/render. You didn;t do any corrections to the right hand...you just cut it off.

ddog456

I was the one who noted this in the other thread and yes I noticed it also they are copyrighted.

DeletedUser63403

You either have to prove that the image was a stock or give me the link to the page you got it from....and i am not asking a link to photobucket/imageshack/etc .

DeletedUser82991

Was going to vote 5.. but then i saw the stock.. 'had to get the right hand sorted' its not even in the sig? Also the pen tool is nothing special, pen tool in 3 is better.

I voted for three, 5 should be taken down.

ddog456

Was going to vote 5.. but then i saw the stock.. 'had to get the right hand sorted' its not even in the sig? Also the pen tool is nothing special, pen tool in 3 is better.

I voted for three, 5 should be taken down.
I agree

DeletedUser

I didnt use google, and for Rocker ill give you the page. He did not right anything about using it plus he didnt put up a watermark as people do when the copyright.

http://mosk.deviantart.com/art/Reawakening-71640644

©2007-2009 =mOsk
^^
That pretty much sums it up.

Don't use artworks. Just don't. There are enough stock images out there. Images that are used as illustrations rather than artwork are fine, too. Game renders are gray area, but no game company have raised complaints for use of their characters iin signatures, so they are a go, too. But private artworks of another artist should be left alone. You wouldn't want a sig of yours taken, effects added and served as an original work.

DeletedUser54064

And on the actual picture, on the right handside it is written Copyright @ 2007.

I think it only appears in the larger piece sample.

DeletedUser

And on the actual picture, on the right handside it is written Copyright @ 2007.

I think it only appears in the larger piece sample.

It is in both, but on teh small one, unreadable...
so yeah. Erasing much?

ddog456

So Rocker what is going to be done and why is it now being argued about when I brought it to your attention a long time ago and you blew me off........ (Not getting mad or anything just saying)