Saints vs MPX

DeletedUser7464

Saints may have many sat accounts, but no-one seems to appreciate the situation with sat accounts/perma quitters in MPX. Lets just suffice to say that most of the comments here could be applied to them as well. They have just held together better :)

MPX players like El Jmeno didn't go to TW (or another power) when they were being targeted. Maybe the 300+ conquers Saints got from him should be taken off their list. He was inactive, and so were several other players Saints got major gains from. And let us not forget that Saints are rather larger than MPX (and were when this war started).

edit - dark_griever has gone quite mad.

Last edited:

Dougalo7

So from hearing about what has recently been said. MPX and Saints are dead even in conquers when you remove the gains against inactive players. So how can we get stats of the active MPX vs active Saints? Guess we will have to call it a draw and move on..

Neb1

Hold on, you were losing 100+ villages from a perma sat account, and you didn`t do anything? Why? You might as well count all of mpxs conquers as innactive ones if you didn`t bother to do something about that.

Not at all. We most certainly tried to defend it.
We supported it, tried to move around troops.
But when you have a large account in enemy territory, you are going to lose a lot of villages.
And the fact that it could not attack back and reconquer a village wasn't helping any bit.

As for El Jmeno, that was HOT vs MPX.. not Saints.
But I agree with doug, both sides have inactives and sits. Might as well move on.

masterkil470

But I agree with doug, both sides have inactives and sits. Might as well move on.

Does those numbers doesn't count than? Isen't saints a former hot tribe just changed names?

I guess the stats from the conquerers from a tribe stay if the name changes. Or am I wrong?

DeletedUser

Not at all. We most certainly tried to defend it.
We supported it, tried to move around troops.
But when you have a large account in enemy territory, you are going to lose a lot of villages.
And the fact that it could not attack back and reconquer a village wasn't helping any bit.

Well, if you did everything you could to defend the innactive accounts, than you have no right to complain about it. I`m sure that you all did a better job than a single player could have done. Half the "innactive" villages that you lost could still attack back, and you defended the accounts.

DeletedUser5974

Does those numbers doesn't count than? Isen't saints a former hot tribe just changed names?

I guess the stats from the conquerers from a tribe stay if the name changes. Or am I wrong?

They are talking about the situation in last 3 months.

Well kristian, you do know that defending inactives is always one of the most difficult things to do. Main reason you are looking at a new account.
Both saints and mpx are indie tribes. Having sitters for the inactives will be much harder for them than family tribes.

Well both sides seemed to have

Neb1

Well, if you did everything you could to defend the innactive accounts, than you have no right to complain about it. I`m sure that you all did a better job than a single player could have done. Half the "innactive" villages that you lost could still attack back, and you defended the accounts.

True, there are no real reasons to complain.
If you had all day, and nothing to do... you could do a perfect job, and possibly never lose a village.
The problem here is that the saints dont really have enough active players to help deal with all of the inactives and sits.

I dont mean to make that sound like complaining... but I just want to stop hearing people say "it's embarrassing that the saints are losing."
MPX is taking advantage of the saints large size, by taking some off of the large sits... good for them.
In war, After all has been said and done, All that really matters is conquers, not where they came from. And right now, MPX is doing well in that.

DeletedUser7464

I am not "complaining" about any of Saints conquers. All I'm saying is that, when I read Saints members posts about the large amounts of inactives and quitters, I get annoyed because MPX are in just about the same position - and do you see them complaining? :p

DeletedUser

Let's put it this way cameron. What would you do if people were ragging your tribe in the external forum in the days and weeks after hooch decided to quit for her health, grimmy took a bad fall while biking and sustained dehabilitating injuries, jellytots got a promotion and needed to dedicate more time to work, and sandywinder decided that in light of his/her life threatening illness and associated devastating treatment that he/she would quit as well? I think you'd try and make excuses. And then everyone would say "that happens to every tribe." Well, it doesn't. Not this. Not all at once. Not when three of these are your three dukes and the other one is your most active player.

And please if you're a saint don't complain that I was too specific. And certainly don't be more specific.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Let's put it this way cameron. What would you do if people were ragging your tribe in the external forum in the days and weeks after hooch decided to quit for her health, grimmy took a bad fall while biking and sustained dehabilitating injuries, jellytots got a promotion and needed to dedicate more time to work, and sandywinder decided that in light of his/her life threatening illness and associated devastating treatment that he/she would quit as well? I think you'd try and make excuses. And then everyone would say "that happens to every tribe." Well, it doesn't. Not this. Not all at once. Not when three of these are your three dukes and the other one is your most active player.

And please if you're a saint don't complain that I was too specific. And certainly don't be more specific.

if if if if if...and again if...who cares for those ifs that didn't happened?
Saints would be in more troubless if they wouldn't left HOT and fight against TW...it's this if ok with you?

DeletedUser

if if if if if...and again if...who cares for those ifs that didn't happened?
Saints would be in more troubless if they wouldn't left HOT and fight against TW...it's this if ok with you?

Half the tribe would have joined TW - a number did anyway, another third would have joined DbT or remained in HOT, and the remaining sixth were inactive, so I don't see your point. Breaking off was the only way to remain together. Now that original split will play out, just postponed by a couple of months.

DeletedUser

Half the tribe would have joined TW - a number did anyway, another third would have joined DbT or remained in HOT, and the remaining sixth were inactive, so I don't see your point. Breaking off was the only way to remain together. Now that original split will play out, just postponed by a couple of months.

Half the tribe would have joined TW? What happened to the tribe where people don`t run? I guess these don`t even have the character that the old saints use to have. Do you remember how many saints ran in the ceg-ao5 war? the number wasn`t that great.

DeletedUser

Half the tribe would have joined TW? What happened to the tribe where people don`t run? I guess these don`t even have the character that the old saints use to have. Do you remember how many saints ran in the ceg-ao5 war? the number wasn`t that great.

Naw. We talked a good talk. We were pretty good at attacking and timing and capping villages, but the Saints were never collectively super brave or anything. Except pepperbro and boola before they left. And wolfhound was a good scary crazy before he deleted.

I thought we had already gone through this when we merged with HOT? We're just a colicky baby that occasionally breaks its crib and uses the broken shards to hold up banks. Statistically speaking we've won nearly every war we've been in, but we always seem to come out losing and/or looking bad.

DeletedUser

well, not staying together in war and help each other like friends do, then it's no point to stay together in peace...that's my view. people takes this game really much more seriously, it's just a game and i don't know...it would really hurt you if you would lose and be rimmed?

DeletedUser

This thread is rather amusing to read.

the inactive debate: can never be won.

And the wars won and lost will never be documented, so as dougalo7 said "call it a draw and move on".

I have seen this scenario played out nearly exactly the same in world four, only 2 months ago. I am sure i mentioned it somewhere in these forums. which i think some people listened too.

DeletedUser

I think its usual for both sides to continue when there's a draw.

As with most games you need a little luck on your side. Saints bad luck with inactives and
quitters was our good fortune. We lost big players too but were able to fill the gaps and a good friend helped me get through by co playing when rl trauma sank its teeth in my rear

DeletedUser

This is bullshit, that's how i see it.
Btw, you don't need to change tags in order to remain together.
We realize that some former Saints will be leaving to remain part of HOT, we do not begrudge them their choice. The change of the tag was made after much discussion and input from almost all of us.
Kind of contradictory.

DarkAngel: Enjoy
Indeed.

Dougalo7

Kind of contradictory.
Indeed.

What JK posted wasn't bullshit. Jakk is merely hypothesizing what would have happened to HOTNW1 if we had not reformed Saints. Instead we chose a different path to try and keep as many of us together as we could. { It is possible that we could have all stayed together under HOT, but there were too many people that wanted nothing to do with HOT that would never have stayed } As we said before, activity spiked when we did it, but RL has slowly drawn more and more people away. The breaking point was when we lost 3 dukes and a couple of very active players.

KristianMD said:

Unless you think about all of StW2/7 (Most of what was Wolves before the production of StW).

DeletedUser

Kind of contradictory.

Indeed.

Whoa Whoa Whoa -

First of all, after playing this game for two and a half years, you tell me what tribe doesn't have their own soap opera? I was in TW1 two years ago and they were almost dead, that's why half of them went to STW10 to begin with. Everyone thought FTR would last forever and they went from #1 to disbanded in less than two months, even though they were in trouble a couple of months before that and moving players to keep that #1 ranking

Nothing in my original post is BS - it's a statement of what we hoped to achieve at that time. Like in any family, or tribe, things never go as planned. Personally, I was a proponent for dumping all sat accounts. But as we started reviewing the situation, some were people's friends, some were still 'thought' to be coming back, and some felt that tactically, it would hurt us. I supported the decision because it's what the group felt, and as a member of a family/tribe/organization/whatever, that's what you do, even if you personally disagree. My feeling is it's a game, do what you can do to make it enjoyable, and don't stress over what you can't control. Not everyone can do that, which is fine.

In addition to splitting off with the desire to make our own wave in the world, it was also done to spur some excitement in the game. Which it did for a while, but two months in this game is like twenty years and people fall into the same ruts again. You never get as excited as you were the first time you capped a village.

To call what I wrote in that post BS, frankly, is a childish and ignorant statement that disgraces the efforts of quite a few people who tried to make it work. There's no shame in failure as long as you put forth your best effort, and I'm confident many of the Saints did just that.

DeletedUser

Just remember 1 thing.. Everybody had the 120 day rule change. that was the catilist. The neive answer is that all these people went inactive all at once.

Funny how these arguements have all popped up not long after 120 days expired. after this time it became questionable why the account is being sat. then follows the iron fist and down come the dominoes and mass deletions and bannings followed.
people just didnt react to the rule change when it occured.
then the blame game starts.
Only the people in charge(leaders) can ever be blamed for this mass oversee of inactivity and rule change.