Scouting

DeletedUser

I'm curious how scouting works on this world.

There is no paladin to use the pally item for detecting troops outside the village. Also the guide only lists 1 tech level for scouts.

It is possible to see troop outside the village?

Do scouts give reports based on the 50/70/90% survival like tech worlds but without having to tech them?

Please enlighten me. Thanks.

LastApparatus

Copied from the help section:

Scouting

With scouts you can get infos about your enemies villages. To spy on the village all you have to do is attack with your scouts, just like you would with any other unit.

You can defend against attacking scouts only by recruiting scouts yourself. When you are attacked by scouts, your scouts attack incoming scouts, but you do not lose any of your own units.

The result of the scout attack depends on the tech level of your scouts and on the amount of surviving units.

less than 50%, but at least one scout survives: You only see the units that are stationed in this village right now.
more than 50% of your scouts survive and scouts are Level 1: You also see how many resources are in the village.
more than 70% of your scouts survive and scouts are Level 2: You also see the building levels of the village.
more than 90% of your scouts survive and scouts are Level 3: You also see the village's units that are not in the villages at this moment.

To defend successfully against a scout attack the defender needs at least double the amount of scouts as the attacker. (For luck 0)

DeletedUser

But there is only one level of scouts, as Help section for w26 states:|

DeletedUser

If I remember correctly, you can't see out of village troops in this type of tech world.

Only seen these settings in speed round.

DeletedUser

level 1 see troops in village
level 2 see troops and buildings
level 3 see troops buildings and troops outside of villages

It may also depend on how many survive

DeletedUser8472

This is a 10 tech world...with scouts only getting 1 tech total, I don't know how it works for scouts you'd have to ask someone whose played these settings before, if only there was such a player on this world :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

15 tech worlds you could research things to lvl 3, but you should be able too here as well, just makes villages more specific

(i was on a 15 tech world, never 10 tech)

Tarion

Nice try, but really, you should try to read the thread. I know, it's a lot of hassle, but it stops you from looking silly.

Let's re-iterate.

In the past, there have been several options:
1 - 3 tech level world, no scouting troops outside village
2 - 3 tech level world, level 3 + % survive to scout troops outside village
3 - Techless world, scouting out of village requires Paladin weapon
4 - Techless world, no scouting troops outside village
5 - Weaponless/Techless world, % survive to scout troops outside of village
6 - Weaponless/Techless world, no scouting troops outside of village.

We're looking for a different answer - 71 tech world (7*10 + 1). Can you scout outside of a village? If so, is the answer a specific percentage score?

Personally, I'm going to assume scouting outside of village based on having 90% of your scouts return until an Admin says otherwise, but I realise that it may just not be possible to scout outside of your village.

If you're going to answer 1 - 6, please, re-read the thread.

EDIT: No, maniac, you were on a 3 tech world. 10 tech levels refers to how many each unit has (With the exception of scouts) not the limit on how many you can research.

DeletedUser

The only world I know of that has had 10 tech levels was speed round.

So ask someone who was on there.

I played it briefly, but I'm not 100% sure how they work.

DeletedUser

If I recall correctly, it did not show outside troops. I am not much of a scouter.

DeletedUser

That's what I remember as well.

No outside info, and that you're not much of a scouter.

DeletedUser

I'm hoping that scouts can see troops outside the village but I also think its not possible on this world, unfortunately. Thanks for the clearly thoughtout post Tarion, and nice avatar... FF 9?

Tarion

I'm hoping that scouts can see troops outside the village but I also think its not possible on this world, unfortunately. Thanks for the clearly thoughtout post Tarion, and nice avatar... FF 9?
Thank you, and indeed it is. I don't even remember how I ended up picking the Black Waltz as my avatar, but I've been using it more or less constantly for the last 3 years or so.

I fear you may be right about scouting troops outside of villages being impossible, which does have it's upsides. Clever dodging makes you untouchable early game, and if your opponent doesn't know you've got troops outside the village you can play a lot of tricks.

walleye

best bet is that it will act the same as level 2 scouts in a 15-tech world.
will show building levels
will not show units outside the village

DeletedUser

If it's old world settings almost exactly then it'd be one level, showing troops outside. But there haven't been any worlds showing troops outside in a long time.

The help file doesn't help much on this point.