Failed Vote Scouts Rework/Spy Networks

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Context: I believe one area of the game that could be improved is how scouts work. Currently I find it underwhelming that spies are only able to show you troop and building counts for only one second of the game. If the player has incoming support that lands a second after your spies land, you will not know that. Also, you may have spent 2-3k spies to get this information. On the other hand, 1 spy can scout a fully build building and count up 100K troops if there are no scouts in the vill.

Proposal: Introduce a spy network mechanic to the game.

Explanation: How I would see this working is we can keep the current spying mechanics but add the ability to establish a spy network in every village. This would work similar to loyalty. For instance, every vill has 1000 "spy network loyalty" and every scout that is able to penetrate the spy defense of the vill will be able to take down the "spy network loyalty" by 1. Therefore, it will take 1000 spies to establish a spy network in an undefended vill.

Established spy network: You may now be wondering what benefits would it give to establish a spy network? Well, a spy network would give the player direct ability to see current troop counts, building levels, and incoming commands for a certain amount of time (say 48 hours). The incoming commands (support or attacks) would be added in the commands section where we can already see tribe and personal attacks/support on a particular vill.

I believe that this rework could add flavor to building scouts and help with penetrating defenses in the late game. Let me know what you guys think!

Best,
Jager

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Big no, dont see how this would work with the Report system, and it destroys the strategic part of the game since you suddenly have up to date info all the time instead of having to predict what troops will reach the villa in time etc.

Reaction score
Big no, dont see how this would work with the Report system, and it destroys the strategic part of the game since you suddenly have up to date info all the time instead of having to predict what troops will reach the villa in time etc.
Well thats only if you establish the spy network . If no scouts are able to get through then you will be safe. Its not like the info is going to be free for everyone, just for the player/tribe that establishes the spy network