Script versus Old School

DeletedUser

Back in the day there wasn't alot of people that new about scripts, I didn't and I still don't. It's confusing to understand how to even use scripts. And for all the people that use scripts. I still cannot find one person that is able to teach me in at a 1st grade level for being a computer dummy. I'm left with only one choice, just doing thing the old school way while everyone in TW passes me up like fodder. Do you have any idea how fustrating that is?

Surely someone can help.

I just had to get that off my chest. Because at the moment, I'm not likeing the usage of scripts.

DeletedUser

Back in the day there wasn't alot of people that new about scripts, I didn't and I still don't. It's confusing to understand how to even use scripts. And for all the people that use scripts. I still cannot find one person that is able to teach me in at a 1st grade level for being a computer dummy. I'm left with only one choice, just doing thing the old school way while everyone in TW passes me up like fodder. Do you have any idea how fustrating that is?

Surely someone can help.

I just had to get that off my chest. Because at the moment, I'm not likeing the usage of scripts.

Different scripts have different functions and need to be run differently. This thread will help you know about the basics. Then you can wander around that section of the forum to get the important scripts like incoming tagger/renamer, mass recruitment scripts, resource balancer scripts etc.

DeletedUser

i avoided using scripts for as long as I could. I was having a lot less fun as a consequence.

DeletedUser

/Agrees
Are you all honestly dumb? Scripts save so much work such as: Farming; tagging incomings; mass recruiting units etc..

Why bother wasting time on doing it manually when you could be focusing on the more important things in life.

DeletedUser

Surely someone can help.

If you are that computer illiterate, set a sitter to set up the scripts for you.
Then all you need to do is be on the right screen/overview and click the link.
How difficult is that?
Muldie325 is overrated.
+1

DeletedUser

Surely someone can help.

I completely agree. I absolutely hate the concept of scripts being used. I mean, it creates a huge gap between script users and non script users, and a lot of players simply dont know about scripts.

i avoided using scripts for as long as I could. I was having a lot less fun as a consequence.

I have as much fun using scripts as when I dont use them...Sometimes things can be tedious without, but hey, I like TW enough that it doesnt bother me to do everything manually (except recruit)

Scripts are overrated.
They certainly are not. Take an account with 500 villages, each needs troops recruited. See who completes the recruitment faster, script user or no script user. Not only look at who finishes first, but the huge time difference in finishing. I know you know that muldie, so I really dont understand why you would say they are overrated

/Agrees
Are you all honestly dumb? Scripts save so much work such as: Farming; tagging incomings; mass recruiting units etc..

Why bother wasting time on doing it manually when you could be focusing on the more important things in life.

It would be nice if some of these things were simply included in the game, even if it was premium users only, rather than having to go get a script for it

DeletedUser

Scripts are overrated.
They certainly are not. Take an account with 500 villages, each needs troops recruited. See who completes the recruitment faster, script user or no script user. Not only look at who finishes first, but the huge time difference in finishing. I know you know that muldie, so I really dont understand why you would say they are overrated
Please replace the batteries in your sarcasm detectors and set the switch to the "on" position.
It would be nice if some of these things were simply included in the game, even if it was premium users only, rather than having to go get a script for it
Agreed. A mass recruit script, and a decent incoming tagger should be included in the game, at least.

DeletedUser

If you are that computer illiterate, set a sitter to set up the scripts for you.
Then all you need to do is be on the right screen/overview and click the link.
How difficult is that?

+1

It's called not having a premium account is what makes it difficult.

DeletedUser

Please replace the batteries in your sarcasm detectors and set the switch to the "on" position.

Agreed. A mass recruit script, and a decent incoming tagger should be included in the game, at least.

Agree on last post, and the guy you are agreeing with.

But I also took Muldie's words literally (not sure if I should, but I did, and here's why). Anything done automated can be done better by human intelligence. At least I haven't seen a single script that takes into account all the variables I want taken into account, regarding resource balancing, farming, recruiting, building, basically anything everything incoming tagging is better done manually, if you have enough time to waste, in my opinion.

(I do realize that at some point you simply can't handle hundreds of villages manually, even if active 24/7, but that part of the game isn't for me anyway)

DeletedUser

I've found learning how to write scripts verses going to a legal web site to have them made for you has actually helped me a bit in my computer illiteracy.

1st starting out Scripts seemed frightening when we used them. I can not imagine setting farm runs for those players who have 20+ villages in some worlds. How much fun could it be to to spend an hour+ sending farm runs when you could spend one third of that time sending runs with scripts and the other 2/3rds of your time listening to Englebert Humperdink or whatever strikes your fancy.

I too agree that some of the more common scripts ought to be available as the norm or as part of the PA perks. Maybe test that fact on the next PA only world that comes out: Have recruiting/tagging/farming scripts available to the entire population. Just a simple thought from a simpleton.

DeletedUser

Scripts don't allow players to get ahead of others, it simply allows people to do things faster. You can do the same exact things without scripts as people with them.