Senior Thought for the Day

DeletedUser

:icon_eek:
As a senior citizen, playing this game with much younger folks, I would like to share a few Thoughts every day.
May include anything, and aim not to offend anyone.

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in war !" - old Chinese proverb

hope u like the idea, may include jokes too.

thx !

DeletedUser

I'll be checking out this thread, frequently :)
I'd like to see the types of things you'll be write up (y)

DeletedUser

"Vision without action is daydream, action without vision is a nightmare". ...

DeletedUser108293

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander The Great

DeletedUser

Good one Wolf !:icon_idea:

Every day I am amazed how computer literate the young folks are today.

I remember when I had my first Commodore 64, then 128, then a Radio Shack TRS-80. In the Commodore, my hard drive was a cassette deck! 64 then 128 was the RAM !

Anyway...

A gentlemen enters a bar, notices two pleasantly plump ladies talking with an accent.

"Pardon me, Ladies, but r u from Scotland?", he asks.

"It's Wales, you jerk !", retorted one Lady.

Again he asks, "Pardon me, but are you two WHALES from Scotland?"

Been married for over 25 years, always do what yr wife tells u. Press 9 to repeat this message !

DeletedUser

It is amazing, that in today's age, we have not learned how to get along. For thousands of years, still no peace. :icon_sad:Immigration probs in California, and the entire Middle East. So, with a poll:

Should the US and Coalition Forces return to Iraq again?

yes?

no?

maybe?

what, again?

hopefully, the mods will put this into a poll format, pls, as I cannot.

thx,

DeletedUser

Good one Wolf !:icon_idea:

Every day I am amazed how computer literate the young folks are today.
I remember when I had my first Commodore 64, then 128, then a Radio Shack TRS-80. In the Commodore, my hard drive was a cassette deck! 64 then 128 was the RAM !
Anyway...

Well, when i first touched a computer, it had windows 98.
I still have a radio, but it might be broken. Well radios are not that old, it's just that ppl rarely use them.
I see the same thing for watch, after a few decades, you wont see anyone wearing them, well not normal ones at least.

DeletedUser

True, watches will disappear some day. But I still need one, I am old, and have ID in my wallet :lightcavalry:
so I do not forget who I am !

DeletedUser

so I do not forget who I am !

Happened once before taking a school exam, i sat for like a minute straight thinking,
"what am i supposed to write here? "
"oh, my name "

"Wait, what was my name again?? "

And i asked someone "what year is it?" in another occasion. They steeped back, in fear, for a moment, thinking i am either an alien or just someone from the future.

Recently, i had to sign some papers, where i had to write my birth year.
And for all you know, for a moment i forgot it too, well... luckly i remembered it anyway.

Many crazy stuff happens in my head.

And this happens almost every time i watch a movie or a show.
When they give an advertisement for a minute, i forget what i was watching.

I bet next time i have no foods to eat (i know you read my bio)
i'll go out at night saying "brains" in the most horrifying way possible..... just to scare ppl, and get free foods .... perhaps.

DeletedUser

:scout:
sp: stepped back, "brains!", How is life in Antarctica Fire?

Riddle me this: What walks on four legs when young, uses 2 legs when mature, then 3 legs when old?

DeletedUser108293

"To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research."

DeletedUser

good, and what historic landmark can this riddle be found?

Anyway, Should the USA have tighter border controls?

What would happen if we did not, and the Top 20 tribes in W75 invaded?:ram::icon_eek:

fidel I

Anyway, Should the USA have tighter border controls?

The USA shouldn't be poking into what isn't there concern, instead they should looking after their own country and their people.
The world would be a better place if major countries didn't poke their noses into wars that have nothing to do with them and are on the other side of the world to them.

For example, the UK joined USA to attack Afghanistan even though both the USA and the UK have nothing to do with Afghanistan.
If everyone just dealt with their own wars it'd would be OK. And if those in the wars threatened other countries, then they have the right to join the war if the good side of the war allowed the other countries to join or not.
Also, 1000s and 1000s of British soldiers are being killed in Afghanistan fighting a war that they do not belong in. Most of those men have families, and many of them may not ever see their their wives, children, or their own country again.
And do any, any of these men deserve this? No, of course not. They deserve to watch their children grow up and watch themselves grow old. Instead many of them die before they reach the age of 50.
Anyone who sends innocent men and women to fight for another country against a country that they have nothing against should put against a wall and shot.

The war in Afghanistan and Iraq isn't a war, it's murder.

US President Barack Obama announced that the U.S. would deploy another 30,000 U.S. soldiers to the country of Afghanistan during in 2010 for a period of two years.

Now, I personally think that Barack Obama had no right to do that to the country of Afghanistan, again.
If they wanted help they would of said so... No need for the USA to barge in as if they own Afghanistan, which they don't.

If I have got my facts wrong, someone please tell me politely and I shall correct myself.

Another thing I would like to add; I'm sorry if I sound a bit of a politician... It's because I'm a very politic about most things.

Peace out.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

If I have got my facts wrong, someone please tell me politely and I shall correct myself.
Peace out.

I would have said something about it, but opinions always differs from people to people.
And i admit i am not into politics, so whatever i feel or say shouldn't really count.
So i'll keep my lips sealed about these things.

DeletedUser

good. very good. Glad to hear opinions from the younger folks ! It is how to stay young, like playing this game.

so, nobody knows where this riddle can be witnessed on a historic monument?

hint: It is in Egypt.

DeletedUser

Forgot to answer that lol, i had a lot of work today :p
in tribal wars

DeletedUser

yes, I had a lot of work today too. TGIF. The riddle is written in hieroglyphics on the Sphinx in Egypt !

I went to the doctor, said "Doc, I have no friends, no one writes, nobody visits, no calls. What is wrong with me, you fat bastard!"