SETO and the reasons why they fail.

DeletedUser

Firstly, before doing anything else with this post, I would like to make clear what our tribe (pRo) is, who I am, and state that this is not a PnP but only a statement of disgust directed towards SETO. pRo is a small active group of players, only players that meet a certain criteria are allowed in. I am a former baron of the origonal SETO alliance, tribe [IB], about a year ago when we only had about 6million points in tribe [IB] (when the EAGLE family was just dying off). So i know what I am talking about when I say they are (for the majority at least) mass recruiters, backstabbers, and generally only pick on the weak, small and dying tribes in order to progress themselves.

This italisized text is my story from back then if you want to read it (it is a very short version of a very long and detailed tale), otherwise just continue to the below text.

W9 I created a tribe called D)I(G. We did fairly well. We had not started at the core, and because of that we were not a top ranked bunch of players. Eventually I began to work my way up. I was passing people by in points and OD by quite a bit in my area. Eventually I reached around 390k points, when I got a message from [IB]. The EAGLE family was taking over our area to the north, IB to the south (SETO and EAGLE family were allies against POWER! at the time). IB wanted a merge. I agreed. We created IB78, and I was promoted to Officer/Baron. Soon IB started nobling people within their own tribe, including some of the members from the previous tribe D)I(G. I had a problem with that. I tried talking to the duke about this problem, but he was being sat by a player called werttrew (who is now inactive last I heard). Werttrew was another baron, and He was the one directing the nobling of our own members. We had a bit of an infight, and I left along with about 15 of the IB players and joined EAGLE. I had sent a few villages to support the EAGLE family to the border of the war when I saw around 300 incoming attacks from my previous tribe IB (SETO). They said that I was traitor for leaving them. The EAGLE family supported me, saying that they were in the wrong. IB ended up losing around 1mil total troops before I gave my villages below the continent borer in order to save my friends who they were starting to attack (because they could't get mine). When the old duke came back from vacation, he sent me an apology. But by this time IB had already taken my villages. After his supposed apology to me, SETO started attacking their former good friends and allies the EAGLE family and helped POWER! win their war. I went out with a bang but couldn't do much with the utter choas and scrambling of players in EAGLE at the time. And I had already lost half of my villages.

These are the sorts of people we are dealing with.

We have been looking for potential players in our area to invite. One of our members figured SETO was just like all of the other mass recruiters as their member list depicts and attempted to recruit one of their members. Our member appologized, and still SETO feels the need to act the tough guy (lol).

This is where the story begins.

At the start of world 37, Olsarus came up with a completely origonal recruitment letter (shown below).
Olsarus on 09.04. at 22:31
Hey there [player]CortezSmith[/player],

This is an extended invitation to join [player]pRo[/player]. Your probably thinking oh great not another mass recruitment message, but that's not what this is.

We are a tribe with experience and an emphasis on quality and not quantity which is why we do not go freely inviting every player in sight. You are receiving this because we have a particular interest in you.

Much of our players have been successful in other worlds and have come here to see what kind of damage we can do.

The only requirement for joining us is to actively use Account Sitting which is what we highly stress the most. We want to stand out from the rest and therefore urge all of our members to utilize this whenever they go offline.

Please take some time to consider this offer. Asses your current situation and all available options to you and get back to me if you would like an invite.

Remember, don't fall for the mass recruiters. Quality beats quantity every time!

Regards,
[player]Olsarus[/player]

Olsarus today at 04:29

This message has been forwarded by Olsarus.

We invited a SETO member by the name of "dan owns" with this recruitment letter (above). We received a reply from one of their leaders, perhaps the only redeeming part of this tribe.

mitzi86 on 11.04. at 22:41
hello. i am sorry to bother you but i would like to know why you tried to recruit one of our SETO members. Please tell me and we have no problums. i wish no ahrm with you i would just like to know why u tried this? thanks alot.

Mitzi86

Fake Travis on 11.04. at 22:57
I overlooked it.
I was pulling up people on TWstats to see if they are worth recruitment into our tribe.
I am sorry if this caused you any inconveniece.

mitzi86 on 11.04. at 22:59
O ok. and its no problum we just wanted to know

Fake Travis on 11.04. at 23:11
Lol, so I get invited right back?

mitzi86 on 11.04. at 23:31
what?

mitzi86 on 11.04. at 23:35
who sent you this "invite"? i need to know this. thats uncalled for.

Fake Travis on 11.04. at 23:37
[player]King Leonaidas[/player]

Fake Travis on 11.04. at 23:40
Lol, he feels he has to threaten us.
Get control of your member.
I do hope that his actions do not speak for the rest of your tribe.

Fake Travis today at 01:41
Please have your members stop harassing us and stop filling my mailbox with filth.
Would you like to see what they have written?

mitzi86 today at 01:42
sure why not...

Fake Travis today at 01:47
Eh, what's the point.
Most likely you side with your tribe, so making the effort to show you what you have already seen isn't hardly worth it.
This will not stop and it is childish.
We are sorry for calling you mass-recruiters.
Our mistake.
The invite letter is not the same, my bad.
Sorry for inviting your member, also my bad.
I'd just rather not deal with this childish crap and move on.

mitzi86 today at 01:58
lol i am at a hospital for my roomate. im sending a circ to stop it now...

Fake Travis today at 02:01
Thank you.

mitzi86 today at 02:06
if they do it tell me. i will force them to stop.

Fake Travis today at 02:07
Will do.
But just a question, did you see what they have sent us or not?
Because I'd like to give reason for why we are upset with your tribe.

mitzi86 today at 02:10
i have not seen anything actully... i saw the mail on that and i have heard they are mailing you but have not seen what they are saying

mitzi86 today at 02:19
owch... i tihnk i got it to stop though. if they continue tell me thier name

Fake Travis today at 02:20
[player]lordkass[/player]

He wishes to continue, so I'm just ignoring him and if he will not stop, I guess I'll have to block him.
I do not wish to make enemies with you or your tribe, but he I will not forgive.
You seem like a good leader and I hope you the best with your tribe.
But I will seek vengeance against him.

mitzi86 today at 02:24
ok. i will stop him and will tell him to stop or else he will be kicked.

Fake Travis today at 02:26
Much appreciated.
Hope your roommate is doing well.

Fake Travis today at 04:17
Their Duke

This message has been forwarded by Fake Travis.

During this conversation with one of their leaders, we received messages from a couple of their members with an odd similarity that we noticed, as well as childish banter. (see below)

King Leonaidas on 11.04. at 23:05
Greetings Fake Travis

This is an extended invitation to join [ally]SETO[/ally]. Your probably think oh great not another mass recruitment message, but this is different.

We are a tribe with experience and an emphasis on quality and not quantity which is why we do not go freely inviting every player in sight. You are receiving this because we have a particular interest in you.

90% of our players have been successful in other worlds and have come here to see what kind of damage we can do.

The only requirement for joining is to actively use Account Sitting which is what we highly stress the most. We want to stand out from the rest and therefore urge all of our members to utilize this whenever they go offline.

Please take some time to consider this offer. Asses your current situation and all available options to you and get back to me if you would like an invite.

Remember, don't fall for the mass recruiters. Quality beats quantity every time!

Regards,
[player]King Leonaidas[/player]

Fake Travis on 11.04. at 23:12
You stole it.
All you did was change it to "Greetings."

King Leonaidas on 11.04. at 23:13
nope i wrote this entire message from my head...

Fake Travis on 11.04. at 23:14
Lol, suuuuuure you did.

King Leonaidas on 11.04. at 23:15
no really i did lol...

Fake Travis on 11.04. at 23:15
The funniest thing is is that when I look at your tribe, I see 200 and some members, yet your tribe average is 102.
Now I'd say that's mass recruiting.

King Leonaidas on 11.04. at 23:21
hmmm.... well if u look at it that way ya... but when u look at it like we have 200+ members that are very experienced from w9 and kno how to play very aggresivly and 200+ players who will be skyrocketing as soon as we get nobles it kinda changes ur perspective a little doesnt it

Fake Travis on 11.04. at 23:26
Lol, no.
For one, I doubt you pulled 200 people out of W9.
And who cares about W9?
I sure don't.
I see mass recruitment.

King Leonaidas on 11.04. at 23:32
our family tribe on w9 has 600+ members seriously only 10-15 members are from here and u will care when u see how well we work together as one

Fake Travis on 11.04. at 23:36
Okay, good luck with the mass recruitment.

King Leonaidas on 11.04. at 23:39
good luck on the rim ^_^

Fake Travis today at 04:18
The invite.

Alright. We know that you are mass recruiting. Its obvious. Please don't try to plead otherwise. But thats not really the point, why be so childish in the response? This was only irritating. But what lordkass sent us completely appalled me (below).

lordkass today at 01:31
On behalf of the [ally]SETO[/ally]Off-TopicUltraCoolGuysPartOfSETO I ORDER you to post this in a circular mail throughout your tribe:

Hello [ally]pRo[/ally],
I have been reading your conversations with [player]King Leonaidas[/player] and I am appauled. Firstly I'm concerned with your intellectuality (thats right, I know big words too!) for saying our recruitment message was made by your tribe. That is the message we actually used in World 9 in SETO. It was the foundation of our great family, after King Leodinas created it himself and distributed to the recruiters of our tribe. So stop complaining about it being your tribes recruiting message and get your own. You obviously have someone in your tribe from W9 in our great family, under an alias. I suspect the 'evil' F:M2 duke Lord Pike The undying.

Secondly you are insisting that the great South East Treaty Organization is not a W9 family tribe. This is just lies. And you are lying because you are so scared of us you are in denial that we are experienced (that's right, I know the truth. I have a spy in your tribe). If you do not believe us check TWStats for the tribes of SETO, which are the following:

F:M
F:M2
[IB]
[IB]NX
INVITE

Still don't believe me? Ask [ally]=D-N=[/ally].

Furthermore, I believe in quality over quantity, but sometimes I go against it, as in if Wayne Rooney was to have a football match with 1000000 cats, I'ld go cats, since the football would just be squished into the goal. The same is with your tribe and our tribe. Well, in fact, it's not the same. Our tribe has more experienced players AND a higher quantity. Anyway, even if you were more experienced, I think us 200 players could murder your little 7 players. So stop being mean about quality over quantity T_T *sobs in corner*

On a related note, this is not a mass recruitment tribe. About 90 - 95% of our players are from W9, with only 10 - 15 members being from here. Mass recruitment tribes are tribes that invite everyone they see without thinking, even the ones that are already in tribes. Kind of like your tribe.

Except they actually join the mass recruitment tribes. Ack, your recruitment disgusts me.

~[player]LordKass[/player]~, the official person who likes to say 'ack' of [ally]SETO[/ally]

Fake Travis today at 01:36
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get over yourselves.
This is done and over with.
We want nothing to do with your tribe.
Your tribe member [player]King Leonaidas[/player] has harassed us.
If you truely have read these posts, then you'd know.
Please do not fill my mailbox with anymore filth.
We have apologized for sending an invite to one of your members, so just let it go.
I was wrong about the recruitment letter.
It is similar, but not the same.
Go away.

lordkass today at 01:40
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get over yourselves.
This isn't done and over with.
We want lots to do with your tribe.
Your tribe members have harassed us.
If you truly have read these posts, then you'd know.
Please, fill my mailbox with more filth.
We haven't forgave you for sending an invite to one of our members, so don't let it go.
I was completely right about the recruitment letter.
It is the same.
So stop being a copy cat and stay around.

Fake Travis today at 01:41
.. Wow, childish.

lordkass today at 01:41
.. Wow, I'm awesome.

lordkass today at 02:07
And he fades quietly into the night... flibbidy floob flab!

Fake Travis today at 02:09
I'm sorry, but I do not wish to continue this pointless rambling.
So I will ask you nicely, will you please stop bugging me?

lordkass today at 02:13
Your no fun T_T...

Fake Travis today at 02:14
Oh well.

lordkass today at 02:15
You said:
I'm sorry, but I do not wish to continue this pointless rambling.
So I will ask you nicely, will you please stop bugging me?

But saying 'Oh well.' was pointless... care to explain?

Fake Travis today at 04:17
the idiot

Firstly I'd like to have you look at the complete immaturity shown by this player lordkass. And then having the nerve to "order us" (lol) to circular that mail? I have no respect for SETO after my run in with them a year ago, but this is taking the cake AND the pie.

I am not going to go into great detail about how completely pathetic these conversations have been, because I am sure that you all probably see it.

All in all, if lordkass & King Leonaidas are acting as representatives for this tribe's overall behavior, then nothing has changed since I left them a year ago on world 9.

King Leonaidas on 11.04. at 23:07
Greetings RioGrande

This is an extended invitation to join [ally]SETO[/ally]. Your probably think oh great not another mass recruitment message, but this is different.

90% of our players have been successful in other worlds and have come here to see what kind of damage we can do.

The only requirement for joining is to actively use Account Sitting which is what we highly stress the most. We want to stand out from the rest and therefore urge all of our members to utilize this whenever they go offline.

Regards,
[player]King Leonaidas[/player]"

riogrande on 11.04. at 23:10
Get a Life.

King Leonaidas on 11.04. at 23:11
wow u guys dont seem to be to happy about me inviting u... maybe u shouldnt try to invite us

riogrande on 11.04. at 23:17
You see there is a difference. We aren't inviting you guys, in fact I have no interest in 95% of your members.

Personally, I haven't invited any SETO members and neither has Olsarus. I can't speak for anyone else but I don't believe they really caused that much harm.

You showing fear of losing your members improves our ego. We now know that you fear the loyalty of you members which will only help us :)

King Leonaidas on 11.04. at 23:23
wow ur a tru noob my friend as we are not worried about our loyalty we are all from w9 were we have 130mil+ so we have nothing to worry about i just was bored waiting for my axes to finish recruiting so i can send them ur way :)

riogrande on 11.04. at 23:26
Don't even try to say your entire 200 player tribe is from W9. And don't call me a noob, you know nothing about me or my experience. I have no respect for people like you who take things so seriously.

King Leonaidas on 11.04. at 23:29
ummm are family tribe in w9 has 600+ members... seriously like only 10-15 members are from here... im not taking anything so seriously, and honestly i dont want ur respect

Making threats they can't fulfill at this stage in the game. Quite scary eh?
They even told us that they had a spy in our tribe, something I find stupid for numerous reasons.

Apparently SETO is very worried about losing their members, otherwise I can not think of another reason as to why they would waste our time on such punitive matters.

I know that a lot of you probably don't care about what just occured above, as I would have probably not cared if it had not been me having my time wasted on such pathetic issues. Just wanted to vent a bit out in the open, see what other people have to say.

DeletedUser

Generally when you are in the forums, it means your bored. So yes. :D

DeletedUser

Yes, we know SETO are mass-recruiting, pointwhoring, tribal hugging noobs. You really don't need to make a topic about it, although the mails are very rude, so at least it warns some people away from them.

DeletedUser

Well, seeing as how you were able to make a dumb comment, you could possibly read the horribly long, yet tantalizing post.

DeletedUser

You mean me? Yes, I read it. I wasted 5 minutes of my time reading it. It's boring, you know. A good practice how to write, yes. Boring? Also yes.

DeletedUser

Aren't all things that are informative, boring?
PAY ATTENTION!

DeletedUser5813

LOL just shows how poor they are, also says in their profile that they protect SETAF(tribe of 9 members or so) kinda pathetic really to have SETAF when the limit is 500.

DeletedUser5813

Easiest way to fix them Rio and Travis is to take them out when you are ready.

DeletedUser22430

Not that what happened in W9 matters here, but to be honest EAGLES was dead in the water anyway, its leadership couldn't hold it together and they never had much of a chance against the war machine of POWER! anyway.

As for SETO pulling 200+ MEMBERS FROM w9, with how boring it was (and getting worse so I hear) then, yeah, possible, but not probable.

DeletedUser

I agree that w9 has nothing to do with here, which is why I find it so funny that they want to brag about how great they are in w9.

DeletedUser68848

Make it easier to read instead of one giant wall of text okay?

Then I might read it.

DeletedUser

Why do that when we can have you here flaming this post.
I believe it breaks even.

DeletedUser

Suppose.. I'm not used to flaming, I'll have to learn :lol:
Okay then, keep it here and have me insult you... I don't even know why, your tribe seems good and your PnP was okay, just a bit long and boring.

DeletedUser

This is great...

first and foremost i only represent my self unless i contact on behalf of my tribe which i did not, second is i am (personaly) glad i made u so angry u decided to flame us as it only brings us more publicity... The only reason i wrote those messages to ur tribe is becuz u tried to invite our member and i find it extremely annoying when puiny tribes try to invite from us get ur own members... btw ur village is looking real nice, i think i may just releive u of it soon enough :icon_wink: so please keep upgrading it for me

DeletedUser

Dude, punctuation, I can't read that properly, secondly, threats probably won't work, pRo is a much better tribe than yours... They'll own you if you war, if they get enough players of their quality (about 40 would beat your 300 or whatever)

DeletedUser

oh and one more thing i could care less how many people hate me or us... if it wasnt for haters how would i have fun on this game