Sig Programmes

DeletedUser

WHat progreammes do people use to make sigs? i want to get involved in this buisness :icon_twisted:, so if you could tell me what you think is the best please say so here :icon_smile:

DeletedUser

Yea, I need some too. But look at mine right now, callum. :)

DeletedUser

callum, what is your avatar? It looks cool but I have bad eyesight.

DeletedUser

well Nianglo, it is the general from star trek :D with his hand on his head and it sayingface palm, the caption is: " even the captain knows something is wrong"

DeletedUser

You can use GIMP or Photoshop or Paint.NET ..This programs are capable of making sigs :)..

Kash2Smash

i make signatures or used to for TW people...

i use Photoshop CS..

DeletedUser

do these programmes cost money, and if they do how much? im experienced with photoshop but only in school :D

DeletedUser82750

A very easy program to use for making sigs is Fireworks. I learned on that program before I got the CS4 package (which comes with the newest Fireworks).

GIMP is free and has all sorts of plugins. I don't use it much for sig imaging. I use GIMP with Blender, DDS Converter, and the GECK to make custom items for Fallout 3.

DeletedUser

I just downloaded GIMP......have NO idea how to use it, though!!!! Would ANYONE care to teach me?? IF so, would you message me in-game?? I'd GREATLY appreciate this!!! I'm of my SIG looking as it does bellow!!! I hardly even use it, as it's not an expression of who I am, as I feel a decent signature is.....ya know??

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well......I've got it downloaded, and have started to mess around with it. A few questions, ONCE the sig is created, HOW do I get it into the form I would use to paste it along with my posts so it actually functions as a signature??

DeletedUser

You don't have to write your signature every time, that's the point of a signature, it's an automatic attachment.
Look at the menu bar atop the forums, press "User CP", then in the column on the left-hand side (called "Your control panel") under "Settings & options", you'll find "edit Signature".
The best way is to upload your signature to www.imageshack.com, www.photobucket.com or anything similar and put that link between image tags.
Just make sure it is in .png, .gif, .bmp or .jpg (you can export to those formats with GIMP, just google it, if you can't find it)
And follow the rules:
[spoil]The signature is allowed to contain at maximum:
1 one-line-quote and two lines of text or 1 two-line-quote and one line of text or 1 three-line-quote and no lines of text
or
1 picture at 60 pix height and two lines of text
or
6 lines of text
or
1 picture at 80 pix height and no lines of text.

The text must be normal or smaller; bigger size than normal is not allowed.

Other combinations exceeding those limits are not allowed, and will be infracted.
The picture may not exceed 700 pix width.

Signatures may not contain quotes with cursing, sexuality, insults or anything else that violates the other forum-rules. Animated pictures (what size it is doesn't matter; note that this includes the emoticons provided by the forum) and referrer-ID-links (links to other games or dragon eggs for example) are forbidden. Advertising other games is forbidden. Quote-generators (such as those from factorizer) are forbidden.[/spoil]

DeletedUser

its ok mod :p i got someone from my tribe to do it for me.. im to type in google anyway.. but still thanks for the info ;)

DeletedUser

You don't have to write your signature every time, that's the point of a signature, it's an automatic attachment.
Look at the menu bar atop the forums, press "User CP", then in the column on the left-hand side (called "Your control panel") under "Settings & options", you'll find "edit Signature".
The best way is to upload your signature to www.imageshack.com, www.photobucket.com or anything similar and put that link between image tags.
Just make sure it is in .png, .gif, .bmp or .jpg (you can export to those formats with GIMP, just google it, if you can't find it)
And follow the rules:
[spoil]The signature is allowed to contain at maximum:
1 one-line-quote and two lines of text or 1 two-line-quote and one line of text or 1 three-line-quote and no lines of text
or
1 picture at 60 pix height and two lines of text
or
6 lines of text
or
1 picture at 80 pix height and no lines of text.

The text must be normal or smaller; bigger size than normal is not allowed.

Other combinations exceeding those limits are not allowed, and will be infracted.
The picture may not exceed 700 pix width.

Signatures may not contain quotes with cursing, sexuality, insults or anything else that violates the other forum-rules. Animated pictures (what size it is doesn't matter; note that this includes the emoticons provided by the forum) and referrer-ID-links (links to other games or dragon eggs for example) are forbidden. Advertising other games is forbidden. Quote-generators (such as those from factorizer) are forbidden.[/spoil]

THANK YOU, VERY MUCH!!!! I have a few I'd made, and wanted to try them out, but didn't know HOW to use them!!! NOW I do!!!! Thank you!!!!;);) One more question.....Do I HAVE to have it on photobucket or another site like that?? Can I NOT just use it from my computer??

DeletedUser

THANK YOU, VERY MUCH!!!! I have a few I'd made, and wanted to try them out, but didn't know HOW to use them!!! NOW I do!!!! Thank you!!!!;);) One more question.....Do I HAVE to have it on photobucket or another site like that?? Can I NOT just use it from my computer??

If you checked, you'd have seen the second option:
Option 2 - Upload Image From Your Computer
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 700 by 60 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).