Silent Wars

Catflap76

Reaction score
Old time player who has returned after many years, but my question is why is the game silent now, nobody talks at all, tribe forums are bare, what the hell happened.

I asked my tribe leader and this is the answer I got.

Catflap76 Jul 13, 18:19
Suppose I'm writing to you as I have seen all your worlds ( glanced at them ) and see you've been about a bit, as I probably mentioned have been away a long while.

Is tribal wars always this quiet now ? I was never too much of a talker but there were always op's and things going on but blimey TW is like a ghost town full of individuals. Am I missing something .
[/url] Jul 13, 20:51[/u]
no

I mean blimey what am I doing wrong here ?

Last edited:

duck that quacks

Reaction score
I think there still is a good existing amount of activity, just not in the forum. If you join the .net discord server you'll see there's some activity in there, and as for the big tribes in worlds, I assume they have discord groups of their own, the forum has just fallen into disuse or almost that it seems, in some markets there are exceptions, but times have evolved and people have moved on from the old forums.

Angacam

Reaction score
I agree, even checked out the Discord stuff, first time for that and it just does not seem to have the lively spirit that was here in the early days. LOL, I even tried mailing a few people to get some chatter started, one replied but he was, I think someone that remembered me from the old days. All the rest were crickets.

Catflap76

Reaction score
I am completely shocked at how rude these tribe leaders are, your lucky if you get a one word answer from them, are they not brought up with manners. Such a rude off putting game.

Unless it's changed you will struggle to get new players.

Being polite hurts nobody.

Lesson learnt and just wont play again after 128, would quit now out of disgust but too much invested.

The new wlds used to be huge, I now understand why new ones are so small.

Last edited:

IAmAbel

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I am completely shocked at how rude these tribe leaders are, your lucky if you get a one word answer from them, are they not brought up with manners. Such a rude off putting game.

Unless it's changed you will struggle to get new players.

Being polite hurts nobody.

Lesson learnt and just wont play again after 128, would quit now out of disgust but too much invested.

The new wlds used to be huge, I now understand why new ones are so small.
Because we play and don't like to chat

Zenato

Reaction score
Chatting used to be a part of the strategy of the game. Diplomacy requires chatting, solid recruitment requires chatting, gathering intelligence requires chatting.
Don't need diplomacy if you got mad skills

Catflap76

Reaction score
Because we play and don't like to chat
It's not about chatting, it's tribal wars you have to communicate to be successful. That said there is no point in flogging a dead horse. Hope you all enjoy the way the game is now and it could well be I'm the problem.

Don Pako

Reaction score
Discord is horrible. I can recall old times chats, posting threads from all wars, stats from village lost / gains, barbs munchers lol, trash talk and fun. I cant believe this is the forum for a world open for 2 months already ... Me too returning to this thing after a few years (started around W20). Maybe a Discord thing, but what someone said, in game communication is sad. This game I guess changed for bad, its not just about nobleing squares.

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Old time player who has returned after many years, but my question is why is the game silent now, nobody talks at all, tribe forums are bare, what the hell happened.

I asked my tribe leader and this is the answer I got.

I mean blimey what am I doing wrong here ?

*the toxic nature of the community has increased over the last 30 worlds or so
*most tribes seem to use discord for their forum due to the versatility (and less accountability)
*war declarations have shrunk - some are just one word
*also seems like alot of cliques have formed and the game has grown closer to - its not what you know but who you know

all have in my mind ruined the social aspects of the game
however this is just my opinion

Virajin

Reaction score
I persevered but wish I hadn't, stuck in a tribe run possibly the rudest, most self serving little prick I have ever come across in my 45 years of life so far. They won a tiny world and believe they know everything, if you were not part of their tribe in 121 then you might as well quit.

I did in my time find some decent players but they are marginalised by toss pots.
I am sorry to hear that. I hope that you will find a better tribe on world 130 :)

kokobest

Reaction score
*the toxic nature of the community has increased over the last 30 worlds or so
*most tribes seem to use discord for their forum due to the versatility (and less accountability)
*war declarations have shrunk - some are just one word
*also seems like alot of cliques have formed and the game has grown closer to - its not what you know but who you know

all have in my mind ruined the social aspects of the game
however this is just my opinion

"cliques have formed" - bro I think they are just call pre-made tribes, they have existed forever.