Singularity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
aaah ok, ya i get your point, but although hes single i am pretty sure he has personal ally's around him, and also being in a tribe scares other people around them of attacking, and his tribe must have allies...
:p

DeletedUser

so far no one wants to be friends with me in my area :((.

most villages in the immediate vicinity are unable to fight me because one of their resource mines is always at level 0 ;)

other tribe members of those guys are too far to do anything to me.

the rest restarted (see my profile score board)

DeletedUser

dont worry, Jerrans way of explaining it was not great :icon_wink:
He has always been in a tribe, but his tribe is not around him so it is as if he is tribeless

I like people to figure out things on their own with what I offer them. YOu did....

DeletedUser

aaah ok, ya i get your point, but although hes single i am pretty sure he has personal ally's around him, and also being in a tribe scares other people around them of attacking, and his tribe must have allies...
:p

What, you think solo players dont make personal alliances?

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
I tried to do it in w5.
No tribes, personal allies or any kind of diplomacy.

I got rimmed, but I was too offensive. If I had a more defensive strategy from the start I could have done it.
It all depends on the neighbourhood you find yourself in. If you're unlucky and have your village between few organised people there's no chance.

i followed his idea, so no personal allies.. sorry if you misunderstood me Jerran

The Belgarion

Talk to LostDuck on w4. He didnt go tribeless, but find his tribe around him.

Hes smack bang in the middle of DBD in world 4, and is around 860k poits at the moment i believe, doing rather well if i do say so.

That proves that it can be done ;)

DeletedUser

He's not in the same position as being tribeless from the start. Being a member of a tribe, specially a famous one, helps a lot.
Someone who's tribeless is a target from the start. Even the more noobish tribes try to coordinate attacks knowing that you have no backup.

DeletedUser

Hes smack bang in the middle of DBD in world 4, and is around 860k poits at the moment i believe, doing rather well if i do say so.

That proves that it can be done ;)

Heh, well he was allied with UNMC and I am sure he is allied with DBD because he singlehandedly basicly remove mcd from his area. Props to duck for that.

But that diplomacy is due to how he quickly took over his area in the beginning days.

As far as litwol's idea, I very much believe litwol went without PA's from knowing the guy's style. But to have a world go like that...I would be Very impressed but most people naturally prefer to work with one or more since everyone is basically surrounded. There is no way to really stop that.

But yes, the idea is very interesting.

At one point I was talking with peeps about an idea of a tournament world. It would have run kind of like that. No ability to make tribes within the game. Any agreements basically would have been personal one's there would be no code within the world to give tribes, tribe forums and such things like that.

thewaytoplay

Actually I would like to seee a world without any tribes. That would mean good use of propagand forums(there will be a lot of chaos :icon_idea: ). Wars will occure between personal alliances and people would just fight wars to grow(noble). Also nobody would get too far ahead, because people would kill them instantly. The beggining would be funny:lol: :lol: :lol: .

DeletedUser

That would be stupid as people would tend to make groups with off-site forums and it would eventually be a tribe game.

In addition, the name of the game is tribalwars, it doesn't make much sense not to have tribes.

DeletedUser

your link didn't work either.

C+ for effort
D- for the links content.

DeletedUser

pictures hate me.....:icon_sad:

it was a picture of an adorable kitten saying "yayz"

DeletedUser

That would be stupid as people would tend to make groups with off-site forums and it would eventually be a tribe game.

In addition, the name of the game is tribalwars, it doesn't make much sense not to have tribes.

I would continue to post in debate of such, but its not my place really and dont want to help lead a topic astray into offtopic.

DeletedUser

not true jerran, as this thread is about the idea of players without tribes playing solo. the thread's topic will also allow other arguements and debates related to that main topic such as how the players would function and what they might do. creating an off site tribe is very much a peice of this rather peculiar thread :icon_neutral:

also we could continue to have tribal wars but it would function differently for example. a village is that players tribe and he\she is leader of that tribe. when that player captures another vilage the tribe grows.

there are many different ways this idea could evolve and it is perfectly liable to discuss the possible conclusions of such an idea in it's respective thread.

DeletedUser

When it started off it was about playing singularily. Not about creations of other worlds. Once that starts its definately off topic from w6. I realize I helped with that so that is why I am not posting further on the topic except to explain such as I am in this post.

DeletedUser

We are theoreticaly talking about if there was no tribes at all, and what the consequences would be. There has been no debate on whether such a world should have been implimented or not. So the way I see it, this topic is (atleast closer to then many other topics) still on-topic.

And on a sidenote, debating your viewpoint on the topic's on/off-topic status is further off-topic then the origonal 'off-topic' you refused to contribute to :icon_wink:

....Nothing really on topic from me >_< just vouching for the validity of the on-topic'ness of the new turn this topic took.

DeletedUser

this is sad..first we obsessivly tried to make it off topic now we are arguing the validity of the on topicness :icon_neutral:

thizz is correct in his statement. we are not discussing possiblites of another world but of the courses of action and the effects of everyone playing solo might have. this is of course related to the inital topic of wanting everyone to play solo. thus it would be perfectly on topic to discuss their possible reactions and adaptations such as the off site forums and personal allies as tribal substitutes.

in the end i don't think a massive amount non-tribers could exist. simple logic says that majority wins and they would get rimmed and farmed to death. if they were going extreme solo (no personal allies) then this outcome is even more so. i believe it would a be failure unless they could gain 2-3 villages failry fast. then they might have a chance to survive in the big world of tribe players, but them gaining that much power is rather uncommon and probably would be very difficult to achieve for a solo player surrounded by tribes and so on. if this strategy were implemented then "turtles" as you call them
(i come from runescape and i prefer the term "pure") would in my opinion come out on top. or go for a push account on the rim to capture several noob villages and work them all up with your main.

Status
Not open for further replies.