sniping through militia and removing support

• Thread starter Deleted User - 11549951
  • Start date

Deleted User - 11549951

Hi all,

This used to be a debated discussion and i was wondering what the stance on this would be now.
When you order militia on the farm or you remove support from a village ( returning attacks ),
the support is withdrawn at a time rounded to the second, rather than precise miliseconds. The same applies for militia - correct me if i'm wrong.

Would it be possible to make this more precise?

the negatives for this change would be that it could be overkill for experienced players in the sense that they would have a wider variety of option when sniping a noble train.
the positives are that it makes the game a bit more complex and allows for players to snipe with 1 village without having to resort to cancel sniping ( i.e. i wont b online in 8 hours so you support a village 4 hrs away and remove 4hrs b4 nt - of course this works if the nt overlaps the second)

all the best
txitxo

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 11549951

thank you!
this didnt use to be the case.
if cancel sniping( militia ordering) has been fixed I was still wondering about the support sniping or returning attack sniping.

happy to be shutdown if people think its overkill.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Radioactive

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I have been able to Militia snipe since I remember militia being added into the world settings. So maybe you just had bad luck with it, or happen to have a bug on the world you played?

Upvote 0

Deleted User - 11549951

I dont think so but will speak to different server moderators about it.

for BETA it still is 000
i complained to the support however the guy argued that those are the server settings.

I assume they did this because i was just in BETA to snipe the topguys countless times which is what seems to be happening to the majority of players in BETA since only a few are PP playing.

Upvote 0

Deleted User - 11549951

this is quite interesting

Im sorry for causing such confusion....

My main question was regarding attack and support "back -snipes" as it would make it possible to snipe in advance 8 hours for example, without needing to be online 10minutes before the noble train in order to cancel snipe.

I'm sure it would work in loads of other situations. It's simply a tactic which helps players to deal with longer periods of innactivity.
Strategy games are quickly losing popularity and perhaps simple measures like this could prove to keep things interesting as well as allowing it for busy people to continue their game without as much of an "activity disadvantage".

Thank you very much for your opinions and experience shared here girls/guys!!!

all the best
txitxo

Upvote 0

bobertini

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
this is quite interesting

Im sorry for causing such confusion....

My main question was regarding attack and support "back -snipes" as it would make it possible to snipe in advance 8 hours for example, without needing to be online 10minutes before the noble train in order to cancel snipe.

I'm sure it would work in loads of other situations. It's simply a tactic which helps players to deal with longer periods of innactivity.
Strategy games are quickly losing popularity and perhaps simple measures like this could prove to keep things interesting as well as allowing it for busy people to continue their game without as much of an "activity disadvantage".

Thank you very much for your opinions and experience shared here girls/guys!!!

all the best
txitxo

UBM did just that once, saw a land time of an OP and sniped without the train being sent.

@Shinko to Kuma what's the battle time ms out of curiosity. I honestly couldn't quite remember so just curious

Upvote 0

Deleted User - 11549951

The attacks return at 000ms
the same for support removed...

Not sure if this is what you meant Bobertini

Upvote 0

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
UBM did just that once, saw a land time of an OP and sniped without the train being sent.

@Shinko to Kuma what's the battle time ms out of curiosity. I honestly couldn't quite remember so just curious

I don't think I still have those reports, since its been so long, so the exact MS I can't say :/ its just clear from them all being on the same second that the militia couldn't have been at 000, I'll take a look if I have any more specific screenshots tho, but I doubt it

Upvote 0

bobertini

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The attacks return at 000ms
the same for support removed...

Not sure if this is what you meant Bobertini

I have memories of militia sniping a train that was ~900-300ms and I hit it to take out the 2nd noble so was thinking it spawns then at 000 ms on the same second you click.

Upvote 0

Ollee

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
a.k.a elmoo also militia sniped on 110, where the nobles landed on the same second. Usually a bit of delay though, maybe around 250ms after you call them out

Upvote 0

Deleted User - 11549951

I'll see if i still have the screenshots.
I am very busy now however, i still have the account in beta and can screenshot the ticket and the answer the moderator at BETA gave me.
I could be incorrect by a few weeks but i believe this was 4 months ago.

Upvote 0

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
I'll see if i still have the screenshots.
I am very busy now however, i still have the account in beta and can screenshot the ticket and the answer the moderator at BETA gave me.
I could be incorrect by a few weeks but i believe this was 4 months ago.

Looking forward. As I'm the CM there, highly doubt it however :)

Upvote 0