SOTW 42 - Typography

DeletedUser

Welcome to Signature Of The Week 42!

The theme this week: Typography

Typography is an unorthodox style with which to approach designing a sig. Traditional render manipulation is eschewed in favor of creating the sig actually using the text tool as your "brush". That is to say, words and letters make up a heavy part of your scene. There are plenty of good examples of typography sigs on Google; make sure you enter this competition with the theme in mind.

Rules:
  • Keep it strictly anonymous
  • There are only 10 places, first come first served basis
  • Max size of 500x200
  • No pre-mades
  • PM your entry to me
  • Choose, and PM, a theme from here to be used next week should you win :)

Good luck everyone!

DeletedUser51929

Good theme, I really like typeography. Shame I suck at it.

King Sean04

Not necessarily, Phlipster is pretty good with Typography

DeletedUser

I'm not that good, I just get inspiration and ideas from existing works, usually trying to replicate parts of what I see. Makes for good practice really :)

DeletedUser

Sorry guys, I've been pretty inactive on this lately.

But I've only received two submissions. We need at least three.

DeletedUser102804

Meh, I'll just get accused of ripping something. Not entering.

DeletedUser

Meh, I'll just get accused of ripping something. Not entering.

Hey there! Your supposed to learn from your mistakes. If you feel that you didn't do anything wrong, well maybe from your perspective it wasn't a rip, but now you realised our standards.

By the way, Arn't you the one who provided us with stocks for the latest battle? ... GE even appreciated them, you do realise it isn't hard for people like them to search for stocks. So we/they arn't discriminating you are we/they?

DeletedUser

Last time we had this as a topic somebody tried to rip something and I caught them, the thing is with typography it's very individual for each piece, unless you copy a style. Just try something Jalwis and whoever is accusing you of ripping either needs to provide proof or be quiet.

I only remember one major ripper within competitions actually .... he left the forums after he got caught, mwuhaha

DeletedUser99229

Last time we had this as a topic somebody tried to rip something and I caught them, the thing is with typography it's very individual for each piece, unless you copy a style. Just try something Jalwis and whoever is accusing you of ripping either needs to provide proof or be quiet.

I only remember one major ripper within competitions actually .... he left the forums after he got caught, mwuhaha

he didn't he's just posted ^ qbd ;) hehehe

DeletedUser

I'm missing your point here ? and as I never told people his name ... I doubt you would know if he had posted or not ?

DeletedUser102804

hehhhhhh..... Alright, I'll make a tag. Give me a few hours.