Special Dedication

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

War is wrong, no one wins on it. You said it, so why should we salute soldiers? War game or not, i think we will do just fine without one of these threads.

DeletedUser96310

I won't get into a senseless argument or discussion with you henrik. Yes, nobody will argue your point that some wars are wrong, not all however. What I think you refuse to admit is the thoughtfulness of the context in the origin of the thread. The intent was and is simply a heartfelt, kind and gracious wish extended to every soldier of every country throughout the world.

DeletedUser

Henrik clearly leads a sheltered life, which is the reason for his actions. He wouldn't last 2 minutes in the real World, in a real situation.

I for one can say that I respect all those out there, fighting for their countries (Actually fighting, or not). I have recently tasted my first steps into Army life with my Selection in Scotland. I should hopefully be in the Army next year.

It must be hard for those who are away from home right now, at this time. I had a family member away all last Christmas, and New Year. Luckily he's home for this one.

On another note. Those who are out there, and unable to make it home for Christmas, knew what they were signing up for when entering the Army. This isn't an attempt at a flame, but it's just the mentality I have taken, knowing that I probably will be away for Christmas' and stuff when I join up.

Massive respect.

DeletedUser

Sorry Ec, this one was tough to know where to post. I still stand for my post, and they do deserve the credit where credit is due

shagohad

War is wrong, no one wins on it. You said it, so why should we salute soldiers? War game or not, i think we will do just fine without one of these threads.

why should we salute soldiers? Soldiers (im a marine not a soldier) go to war to defend what they believe in. ive been to Afghanistan ive seen war. Ive been up hours on end on post seen people blown up. Carried a marine to a chopper from my squad that stepped on an IED. Those scars will never heal and im dealing with them everyday.... Why should we salute soldiers? because the don't fight for their selves. They fight for the men beside them. They fight for the women and children and men at home they fight for their country their family and all they hold dear. Why do i fight? I fight so Islamic extremists don't come back to my home my country and hurt my people. I fight so my mom dad sisters and brothers are safe from that hell. Because thats what war is. Its hell. I love my job i love what i do and i love those i fight for and what i fight for. Im not trying to be conceited here im just telling you from an active duty service members perspective. Even before i joined i saluted the men willing to lay their lives on the line for my country.

Now ima go back to where i was... Ty scrappy

also this thread is relevant to this thread because like it or not those of us that survive will get to know respect and love each other like a big dysfunctional family... im from w13 originally i know my enemies and im friends with most of them... thats y its relevant

DeletedUser

Ben ( Raging Hurricane ) left TW for armed forces :icon_neutral:

Deleted User - 4669627

respect to the iraqis fighting for their country

pity for the foolish who believe they are fighting for theirs

salute to the HUMANITARIANS who are "fighting" for us all

why does everybody remember to salute those who volunteer to kill, but they always forget the ones who volunteer to save? they take the greater risk, because they are unarmed and often alone.

i personally could care less for soldiers deployed on foreign soil, i feel sorry for them, nothing more
maybe if they were not on foreign soil, there would be no need to be on foreign soil to protect themselves
but the humanitarians on foreign soil, nothing but respect for them every day of the week

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And yet if they wernt there then half the time the people from that foreign soil would be on our own attacking us.

So what choice is there?

They go and they fight to protect there family's from what those foreign fighters would do if they didnt.

Deleted User - 4669627

And yet if they wernt there then half the time the people from that foreign soil would be on our own attacking us.

So what choice is there?

They go and they fight to protect there family's from what those foreign fighters would do if they didnt.

you know what, i cannot recall the last time anybody attacked canada
here is the odd thing, canada has troops dedicated to every single UN mission that exists
so they have their troops on foreign soil
they are not protecting canadians, cuz nobody attacks canada, even though they have troops on foreign soil

apparently there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it

why is it some countries always have to "defend themselves"
while other, equally prosperous, equally free, equally democratic nations that practice the same faith have no problems at all?

respect to the canadian military

have all lost loved ones in wars that really should have never have happened in my opinion.

my father was disabled in vietnam
he was certainly not there protecting his country, if anything, he was there making enemies for his people back home

so why was he there then?

because they drafted his friends and forced them to go and he felt an obligation to his friends

does this make him worthy of respect?
no, and if he were alive, he would say it himself

he would tell you that he was screwed over royally by his own government and that he victimized an awful lot of innocent people because of it

he spent the rest of his life trying to make up for what he did there and would laugh at anybody who saluted for him for his service

these people did more for the service and security of their countries than my father did for his (while he was in the "service")

http://mercyorphanage.blogspot.com/

DeletedUser

WoW, seems we are all in the same boat huh shayd. Most of us have had family members sent away cause they joined the military, even thou they or we all may not have agreed with. Thats the true meaning of war, our militarys go and fight for somethings not always right.

They do not have a choice, it is by a mere order saying you have to do this or that. So this is a tribute to those from all over the world that do things in the military that they have no choice over

Deleted User - 4669627

he had a choice, he was not drafted
even his friends who were drafted had a choice, albeit the choices sucked
very few countries have compulsory military service

i will not be saluting any nazis today, even if they were just following orders

DeletedUser

well im not going into the nazi deal, that was just a mere fiasco
. I know most do it on there own accord, but once they join. They do have to do whats ordered to them

DeletedUser

you know what, i cannot recall the last time anybody attacked canada
here is the odd thing, canada has troops dedicated to every single UN mission that exists
so they have their troops on foreign soil
they are not protecting canadians, cuz nobody attacks canada, even though they have troops on foreign soil

apparently there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it

why is it some countries always have to "defend themselves"
while other, equally prosperous, equally free, equally democratic nations that practice the same faith have no problems at all?

respect to the canadian military

Completly agree with this, one of the main reasons i am proud to be a Canadian.

Soldiers do not fight for there own beliefs, they fight for what the government believes in. I am sure alot of the military troops on foreign soil wish they could be home, but instead they are fighting a war. It happens

That being said i have lost family members to fighting and for that R.I.P

DeletedUser96141

Yes it is, I have a mate in my tribe right now that This was sent for him. Im sure alot of other players have family in the military aswell that are in the same boat.
Im sure most of these military are good.
But do yuou know for each 1 military unit from the west 20 sivilians in afghanistan dies?

Just saying that afghanistan civilians should be also said to : keep up the work

Deleted User - 4669627

Completly agree with this, one of the main reasons i am proud to be a Canadian.

i have had personal experience with the canadian military, being from sierra leone as i am
they represented themselves with honor in my country, we were glad to have them, i extend you our thanks

i lived in the mid-east as well, and i am certain i can speak on behalf of the iraqi people and extend their thanks that you did not come to their country despite what must have been incredible pressure from your neighbor

as the son of 2 americans, and technically and american citizen myself, i thank you for giving americans something to consider

Im sure most of these military are good

i trained with the u.s. army for 3 months and spent 1 month in their military prison for refusing to obey orders

there were 56 people in my platoon, including myself, suffice it to say, 50 were men i could respect
5 were people i would have killed in the field

that is one problem, how a few bad apples can spoil the bunch
the other primary problem is this...

Soldiers do not fight for there own beliefs, they fight for what the government believes in.

and the result is this...

20 sivilians in afghanistan dies
that the ones who die are very often the fortunate

how do you tell this girl that she was fortunate to survive?

effects-of-civil-war-in-sierra-leone1.jpg

i do not believe she was fortunate to survive, but if i meet her, i have to try to convince her

scrappy, maybe it wast best to post to a non-tw site and just submit a link to that site
i have lived in the mid-east, i grew up in sierra leone, i am an american, i have lots of thoughts and stories about real world wars, but in years of playing tw now, i have managed to bite my tongue

DeletedUser

Soldiers lay their lives on the line for their country. Plain and simple. They fight for the freedom of their countries and for that we should salute ALL soldiers.

DeletedUser

Ok here, I have seen a few players say this shouldnt have been posted in TW. It may or may not have, but the way I see it. In TW we are in many wars all over the world, for example we have ONFIRE and skype just to name one. They are losing members in battle on both sides, so to a sense this can be classifed for real life soldiers and in game soldiers.

Still doesnt change the fact that all military all over the world should be credited where credit is do, it doesnt matter if its Canada, USA, Britain, China, anywhere. Every country in our World has lost soldiers in some way or fashion serving there country. Just like we do here in game.

So this can be used for both

Status
Not open for further replies.