Starting Location!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Devilish-

In this newer version of TW '4.0' i carnt help but think alot of success (especially in the early stages) is due to a half decent starting location. i am not saying give a noob a good place with plenty of potential farms and he will become a great player. But it does seem slightly annoying that having a good/bad starting location can determine so much for you.

unfortunatly i have been placed in a pretty god damn awful spot. No barbarians/bonus villages within a close proximity , no villages touching me and only 3-4 villages in my 7x7. I have not made this thread to moan about how i feel short changed. But i am left with afew dilema's , many people have already statues (you can tell by the points) and will start farming local barbarians. However i carnt do this as its not going to be worth it because at best the round trip to the nearest barbarian will be 2hr+. So now i am thinking shall i Restart and hope for a better position , which in the long run will benifit me more than having an extra hour playing time. but then there is the risk i will have an even worse place :icon_rolleyes:

anyway i guess i will hope some more villages start popping up beside me. but i still carnt help but think the combination of a good player + great starting place , is really unfair for the bad players + bad starting places. alot of this game is now down to luck :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser29613

I thought the same when I initially appeared sod all in my 7x7, now I have two people right next to me, and my paladin isn't even ready to start farming yet! So I guess that things will fill in more or less evenly in the core continents over the next couple of hours, and at least you'll be ahead of the people next to you!

-Devilish-

Yes shortly after a village popped up right beside me , then afew minutes later a bonus village (although is a crappy workshop one) showed up not so far away.

i feel abit better now and I guess i should wait until i have the resources again for a statue :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.