Startup on the Rim

DeletedUser84125

I started world 58 very late and on the rim. The bottom of K74 to be exact. I am usually somewhat close to the core and can stay top 100 in a world if I log the hours. I go and have always gone 100% offense (out of my main). I can usually out-grow my 15x15. I have always been told and have come to believe that mixed villages are lame.

I have also heard or read somewhere that when starting late and on the rim you should build some defense. I am seriously thinking about turtling. Building around 7000 spear/7000 sword defense and around 1000 lc/2000 axers offense. I realize that numbers will be off for rams and scouts etc. I also realize its an archer world.

Does any body have a good model for a hybrid village. Combining (moral boosted)defense with fast farming. I want at least 1000 lc (cant live without em). What do you guys think. I understand the draw backs of not having a full nuke. What I am considering is players expanding outwards. Without morale one of the partial defenses I tested killed at least one full nuke. With morale it could kill many more.

Then comes the part about not having a full nuke and having to find a first target that is either (a) a noob with no troops/a player that has been cleared or (b) a barb/bonus. With this being a church world everyone is going to be barb nobling in their church anyway.

Ideas, Thoughts, Comments

DeletedUser

i've started a rim acc just a couple of days ago too.
i'd advise to just have about 600spear/sword/archer in order to save yourself from any incomming trains you might get while you encounter better developed accs early on.

DeletedUser

What happened to the Solar Extinction acc... you were a poster worth reading here :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser84125

I usually make my first church village a full infantry defense anyway, so I can get quick centralized support to the cluster, once my first nuke is killed off.

Why not start building the full infantry d (takes forever) now. Then full o out of second.

DeletedUser

Cos to grow at a decent rate you want lc which will farm you a nuke and train which grows stuff faster :)

DeletedUser

I usually make my first church village a full infantry defense anyway, so I can get quick centralized support to the cluster, once my first nuke is killed off.

Why not start building the full infantry d (takes forever) now. Then full o out of second.

because you usualy want to noble inside your initial church radius first, to have another villa with full farm space you can use:)
and the fact that other then the few bigger players that pose a 'train threat' all the other players are usualy not a big danger..so other from the safety deff i'd go offensive on both first villas, that usually accelerates the growth significanty.

DeletedUser84125

Yeah, at least 1000 lc. I'm not talking about turtling or full offense. Somewhere in the middle. 600/600/600 sp/sw/ar seems a little low.

DeletedUser

Yeah, at least 1000 lc. I'm not talking about turtling or full offense. Somewhere in the middle. 600/600/600 sp/sw/ar seems a little low.

well it mainly depends on you confidence in you sniping ability:p
i'm just going to snipe any train that is sent at me, and the rest can be backtimed if needed

DeletedUser84125

I'm a decent barb bouncer. Can't backtime from the rim.

DeletedUser84125

Barb bouncing is the only way to snipe with one village. You send your troops to a barb to arrive at the second your attackers train hits. It only works if the attackers train is spread over two seconds because troops always return at the beginning of a second. So then it would depend on my faith in my tribes sniping skills. Lets see depend on the sniping skills of a tribe ranked 897 or build defense which one should I do.:lol:

llanowar

Well first of all if you can outgrow your surrounding competition then going full on offense isn't a problem on the rim.

You just eliminate all the other farmers and then you are free and clear to farm away, build really fast, and conquer your entire area without much threat of being nobled. Start it off with a few hundred spears and swords if you feel it necessary and then you can spike villages around you if someone else is going full attack force too.

I have found that on the rim most players do a horrible version of a mixed village and they are mostly easy pickings for anyone who is active enough to out-farm them.

netjakdim

I agree with llanowar on this one if you can outfarm your area most of the players you encounter will be a good percentage of noobs so just make sure to leave 1 alone withing your church radius to build up so you can noble him. Once he is nobled then dump the offense in that village and go with infantry defense.

DeletedUser

Barb bouncing is the only way to snipe with one village. You send your troops to a barb to arrive at the second your attackers train hits. It only works if the attackers train is spread over two seconds because troops always return at the beginning of a second. So then it would depend on my faith in my tribes sniping skills. Lets see depend on the sniping skills of a tribe ranked 897 or build defense which one should I do.:lol:

Or you can cancel snipe?

DeletedUser

Well first of all if you can outgrow your surrounding competition then going full on offense isn't a problem on the rim.

You just eliminate all the other farmers and then you are free and clear to farm away, build really fast, and conquer your entire area without much threat of being nobled. Start it off with a few hundred spears and swords if you feel it necessary and then you can spike villages around you if someone else is going full attack force too.

I have found that on the rim most players do a horrible version of a mixed village and they are mostly easy pickings for anyone who is active enough to out-farm them.

actualy youre wrong, well not entirely.
most of the players are noobs and are getting outfarmed and outgrown, but
i have 2-3 nobling already which are 15-25 hours away by noble from me..which means i'll probaly need that deff to defend incomming trains both on my main and my later villas. but not any aditional for a while

netjakdim

actualy youre wrong, well not entirely.
most of the players are noobs and are getting outfarmed and outgrown, but
i have 2-3 nobling already which are 15-25 hours away by noble from me..which means i'll probaly need that deff to defend incomming trains both on my main and my later villas. but not any aditional for a while

at 15 -25 hours away it is still unlikely that they will have built up a complete train.
Just dodge the first attempts and with the church and militia you should be able to
build up enough defense to wipe out just about any train.

DeletedUser

at 15 -25 hours away it is still unlikely that they will have built up a complete train.
Just dodge the first attempts and with the church and militia you should be able to
build up enough defense to wipe out just about any train.

you know that the incomming troops will have 100% strenght right?
and yea, thats what i said..some sniping deff and thats it for a while..and in a week or 2 they should have trains..me too though(bandit)

netjakdim

yes just about everyone should be 100% however there are very few that are going to be able to attack with a full farm nuke at this stage and if you even have 1/3 of your troops as defense plus wall and militia they will need more than 1 attack.