Struggles for Top Player

Kreamer

Been a while since the top 5 players were all so close together in points. For a majority of this world's lifespan the world had one player on top (Axlthecat) but now things are quite different. A good week could put any of the top 5 players into the number 1 spot.

Will it remain this way for a long time to come? Constant competition for number one? Or will one truly dedicated person shoot past the rest of the pack and become W16's new long lasting leader?

What does everyone[who cares to check the forums anymore] think?

DeletedUser78416

It all boils down to activity. If Axl was still around he would probably be in the running. Same for Everyone else that has been in the top spot over the last few months.

Activity is the answer for just about everything in this game.

Ranman from C² is kicking butt on the growth charts. Jeor, carmine and Bundy are all fighting a close battle. Who will run out of vills first?

I don't know what happened to spank me silly...with his village builds he was for sure in the best position to maintain the lead.

The tides will always change, people will either get bored and not play as much or quit altogether.

If there were some type of reward system for being and staying #1, I think it would make things more interesting. But the burden is on the #1 player(s) for to be ranked high you need premium and premium is not free...so the more vills you get the more you need it and the cycle begins. How much are players going to be willing to spend now that premium is a little more expensive. When I first started this game there were over 450,000 players. That has dropped by almost half last time I saw the numbers on the homepage.

Premium was either raised to cut that deficit, or somehow electricity bills got higher for maintaining the servers...

Kreamer

I knew I could count on The Spammy 1 :)

but I dont think anyone is in danger of "running out of vills" lol

DeletedUser

My monies on Bundybear at plight because hes in the running and the only one who looks like hes chasing it...

Its pretty obvious that the C² boys dont really care about being top player, the war is by far more important to them... so if any of them stay at the top its simply a bonus.

DeletedUser

Spank had a higher point/village ratio meaning less available nobles and a longer wait per noble?

DeletedUser78416

Spank had a higher point/village ratio meaning less available nobles and a longer wait per noble?

But that also meant everyone else had to noble 1 more village then him to move ahead...giving him sort of a breather to store more packets?

DeletedUser

But that also meant everyone else had to noble 1 more village then him to move ahead...giving him sort of a breather to store more packets?

Spank has an average of 11260 points per vill. To compensate for my simple maths i'll round the following down.

Spank = 11,000
Normal person = 09,500

That's a difference of 01,500 points.

09,500/01,500 = 6.3 recurring. So for every 6 villages spank takes a normal person needs to take one more to close the point difference?

DeletedUser

Bunddy has the better advantage to reach #1 spot and keep the pace. I asume like me Jeor has to constantly be rebuilding nukes and Def troops.. which makes us have a lower package output.. so my guess is that in about 1 or 2 month if bunndy keeps his rate he will be able to hold #1 spot. I would like to stay #1 but with war going on and rebuilding so many troops its not posible.

DeletedUser

bundy has alot of options as far as villages go, and he wants to be up there unlike C2 where they just probably happened to stumble up there one day =)

DeletedUser

Bunddy has the better advantage to reach #1 spot and keep the pace. I asume like me Jeor has to constantly be rebuilding nukes and Def troops.. which makes us have a lower package output.. so my guess is that in about 1 or 2 month if bunndy keeps his rate he will be able to hold #1 spot. I would like to stay #1 but with war going on and rebuilding so many troops its not posible.

Looks like we also have more competition in C2, what with a lot of our guys growing fast. I thought I was growing at a pretty good rate until both Jeor and Carmine shot past me, and Ranman, like already stated, is growing even faster, but was smaller to start.

DeletedUser

Yes Justin, But C² has a disatvantage... war... rebuilding troops means less packs.. and that is the main reason Bundy was able to reach jeor and me and will even be able to slowly get away.

DeletedUser

War may keep your packets in short supply, but it also gives you an abundance of targets.

DeletedUser

Rank 1 is a bit like pass the parcel and for the most part it always will be. The majority of players want to get there, but when they've got there, they're no longer interested in that achievement and will go for the next achievement such as ODA or ODD. This isn't the case for everyone of course, but it's one of those things that for most people, once you've got it, you don't care if you keep it. I've seen cases where rank 1 players have just not bothered with keeping it at all and gone for other achievements a bit more challenging.

As a result, rank 1 is likely to just keep on swapping hands until someone gets there who really wants to keep the rank and will do anything to keep it.

DeletedUser

2 other major factors in this are that ATE and Ni! have both deleted themselves in the past few weeks... these give plight masses of targets.

I stick with my prediction of Bundy being top player :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

2 other major factors in this are that ATE and Ni! have both deleted themselves in the past few weeks... these give plight masses of targets.

theres a good reason for that :icon_wink:

MichielK

That's a good point. With ATE and Ni both defeated already, Bundy will have a much easier time expanding than the guys in C² who have to go through LSHRV to do it.

Also, don't underestimate Seagryfn's chances in the fight for number 1. She has shown in the past that given the time, targets and inclination, she can grow faster than anyone else. A 600K distance to rank 1 is nothing to sneeze at, but it's also not something beyond the realm of possibility that she'll catch up given her track record.

DeletedUser

they can.. but i think there bigger players are alil more south then that?