Support and Belief

DeletedUser80956

The title of this thread sounds like a philosophy class. But I do have a serious question.

I was under the assumption that troops from a religious village supporting a non religious village would still fight religiously. One of my tribemates just recently conquered a village, rushed defensive troops to it from a religious village and they fought non-religiously when the village was taken back. Was this just a glitch? Was it because he had started building non religious troops in the village and they infected the religious troops with their heresy?

Any answers/flames to this would be greatly appreciated.

-Bloodstaar-

DeletedUser

When defending...the village under attack is your only concern. Troops will be religious in that village if it is influenced by a church.

DeletedUser80956

After reading the help descriptions, this became more clear to me. Makes taking villages a little rough, but guess you've gotta just know how to roll with the punches.

I still find it weird that even though troops start out religious they lose their religion when the travel to another village. They need to talk with the mormans a little more on how to spread the word of god.

DeletedUser

After reading the help descriptions, this became more clear to me. Makes taking villages a little rough, but guess you've gotta just know how to roll with the punches.

I still find it weird that even though troops start out religious they lose their religion when the travel to another village. They need to talk with the mormans a little more on how to spread the word of god.
well there is no church for them to continue their worship of.... The Great Man in the Sky, who's mysterious commands come through the rally point.

DeletedUser

how ye know 'e be in th' sky?! 'ave ye seen'm? he could be in th' sea... think dat would make mo' sense seein as humans reached th' sky, but could nay reach th' furthest depths o' th' ocean blue...

but yar agreed... churches really make ye scratch yer head... worst thing be if'n ye need t' send yer scallywags fer a plunder in th' fastin season... they would need t' control'em thirst fer blood
zu032b.gif
else they'll be not so religious and fight at 50% 'em strength...

DeletedUser

how ye know 'e be in th' sky?! 'ave ye seen'm? he could be in th' sea... think dat would make mo' sense seein as humans reached th' sky, but could nay reach th' furthest depths o' th' ocean blue...

can someone translate this?

DeletedUser

what if i send support to a different player. He is outside of my church radius, but has his own church. For the calculations his 4000 swords are clearly religious but what about the 2000 i sent him? Do they fight at full 100% or 50?

TheRiverStyx

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
what if i send support to a different player. He is outside of my church radius, but has his own church. For the calculations his 4000 swords are clearly religious but what about the 2000 i sent him? Do they fight at full 100% or 50?

As long as the village they are supporting is covered by his church radius, your troops will fight at 100%

DeletedUser

they are religious.

Defense : origin doesn't matter. only the village at which defense takes place matter.
If it is religious then all troops irrespective of their origin where ever they come from are religious.

Offense: Only the village of origin matters. if it is religious wherever your troops go they have the church banner.

ps:
@ killa Would love to hear your theory on this:

religious troops start from a religious village(but not church village) and attack some village. Before the attack happens the attacker lost the church village with in which his origin of troops village lost religion. Now the troops that are already on the way and don't know they lost religion. yet they don't fight fight religious.???

DeletedUser

Thanks, makes sense!

in respond to your question i would say that its probably not calculated until the exact moment the attack goes through.

DeletedUser

\ps:
@ killa Would love to hear your theory on this:

religious troops start from a religious village(but not church village) and attack some village. Before the attack happens the attacker lost the church village with in which his origin of troops village lost religion. Now the troops that are already on the way and don't know they lost religion. yet they don't fight fight religious.???

They hear that their place of worship is lost and feel such despair that they won't be able to participate in the regular praise of the man with the glowing screen that they fight only 50% as well as they should.

DeletedUser

What's all this about the soldiers having to "hear" about it?

It's religion, fools, which means that it inherently has magical properties that transcend time and space. As soon as the home church drops, the magical fighting bonus disappears. They never know it til they start performing half as well in battle.

DeletedUser

you know.... i think they just walk till we cant see them anymore party and the ones that didnt get lost in the stupor come back to us sayin.... yep hell of a battle that was