Swearing? Does that offend you?

DirtyDishSoap

I'm actually offended that people find "cursing" offensive. In some cases, certain words can be extreme, but is a small word such as (Due to this being an infraction I will refer these words as "S" or "C" and you'll have to figure it out) the "S" word really bannable and punishable? Sure small children play this game, but realize more mature people actually play this, and there should be a, for example "Bad Language, Parental Advisory! Poo Poo Head!"

I thought that this would make more sense. Hell, sometimes cursing is needed to express frusteration towards ones idiocy. Rev for example, I got plenty of colourful words to describe his character, though not one explains of how much of a "S" burger he really is.

That, and in some cases, cursing is actually considered to enhancing a sentence/paragraph, used by many authors to date, so it's pretty much a part of everyones vocabulary. Some gibberish child would abuse this new found joy, so a simple action should be taken, such as strippin him of posting priveledges?

I digress though, and pose the question to the community...

Do you find it offensive when someone curses to you via online? Do you get flabbergasted at looking at the "S" word or "F" word? Remember now, if you say these words online, you're considered a hypocrite for saying "Yatar! I fend itz a Ofensive!"

DeletedUser

My father was a submarine sailor, we lived abroad. My parents never told me I couldn't say certains words. We moved back to the states when I was six. I had a hard time adjusting to Mississippi public schools when we got here, it seemed like on a daily basis I was getting in trouble for saying "bad" words. I had no mental collection of words that were taboo, to this day I don't understand the concept.

DeletedUser

If by "C" you mean a four letter word ending in "t" then I find that offensive, it's a horrible word, I can live with most others.

DeletedUser

Well I wasn't sure if we would get in trouble for that, but seen as he didn't then I assumed that we werent allowed to.

DeletedUser

My father was a submarine sailor, we lived abroad. My parents never told me I couldn't say certains words. We moved back to the states when I was six. I had a hard time adjusting to Mississippi public schools when we got here, it seemed like on a daily basis I was getting in trouble for saying "bad" words. I had no mental collection of words that were taboo, to this day I don't understand the concept.

It's all part of the politicaly correctness trend. You need to be a RL hypocrite to apply this concept.

Quasako

I find it incredibly hilarious when an older person swears.

However, always find myself wierded out when someone my age swears.

(I'm 12, ZOMG HAX)

aurora nyte

I've been actively swearing since 4th grade, and it has since become part of my normal vocabulary. Sure, there are some who will always oppose this and I respect them, but I find no problem with cursing. It's a better way to express your emotions ;)

DeletedUser80956

What I don't understand is why people become offended by it. For example, my roomates girlfriend is a morman and wouldn't hang out with the rest of us college boys because we had "foul" mouths. After two years, she's slowly starting to become acustomed to us, but I honestly don't see how its offensive. (She'll still give us the evil eye when we curse however).

DeletedUser

I'm actually offended that people find "cursing" offensive. In some cases, certain words can be extreme, but is a small word such as (Due to this being an infraction I will refer these words as "S" or "C" and you'll have to figure it out) the "S" word really bannable and punishable? Sure small children play this game, but realize more mature people actually play this, and there should be a, for example "Bad Language, Parental Advisory! Poo Poo Head!"

I thought that this would make more sense. Hell, sometimes cursing is needed to express frusteration towards ones idiocy. Rev for example, I got plenty of colourful words to describe his character, though not one explains of how much of a "S" burger he really is.

That, and in some cases, cursing is actually considered to enhancing a sentence/paragraph, used by many authors to date, so it's pretty much a part of everyones vocabulary. Some gibberish child would abuse this new found joy, so a simple action should be taken, such as strippin him of posting priveledges?

I digress though, and pose the question to the community...

Do you find it offensive when someone curses to you via online? Do you get flabbergasted at looking at the "S" word or "F" word? Remember now, if you say these words online, you're considered a hypocrite for saying "Yatar! I fend itz a Ofensive!"

Cursing is not a requirement for this game.....anyone who uses such language is a n00b who just suffered heavy losses and does not need to vent like that in game. You can curse in private mail to your bud as much as you want but the only time I ever see language is to vent against your enemy and for that reason I say keep the rules. Any 9 year old can clear a village, and any n00b can run their mouth cursing them out. Most skilled players can express their emotions in other ways more appropriate. For instance Nuking the hell crap out of them back. :icon_cool:

DirtyDishSoap

If by "C" you mean a four letter word ending in "t" then I find that offensive, it's a horrible word, I can live with most others.

Thats the one I'm talking about that is a bit more 'extreme', I try not to say that around women.

DirtyDishSoap

Cursing is not a requirement for this game.....anyone who uses such language is a n00b who just suffered heavy losses and does not need to vent like that in game. You can curse in private mail to your bud as much as you want but the only time I ever see language is to vent against your enemy and for that reason I say keep the rules. Any 9 year old can clear a village, and any n00b can run their mouth cursing them out. Most skilled players can express their emotions in other ways more appropriate. For instance Nuking the hell crap out of them back. :icon_cool:

It's not a requirment, but re-read when I say "Strip posting privledges" this may hinder them in the game, but in the end, do you honestly want to play with them? Ruins the gaming experience in my opinion.

aurora nyte

Well, we ARE playing on Innogames servers so they can do anything they want....

Quasako

I like it better when people give clever insults that take some thought, instead of slamming swears in my face.

DeletedUser

Thats the one I'm talking about that is a bit more 'extreme', I try not to say that around women.

You mean like in your spoiler'd siggie?

I cuss like a drunken sailor. Hard to offend me...but that siggie of yours managed to do it.

DeletedUser

You mean like in your spoiler'd siggie?

I cuss like a drunken sailor. Hard to offend me...but that siggie of yours managed to do it.

I second that :icon_evil: Get rid of it...

As far as swearing goes I don't mind it if done tastefully :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

Hell, sometimes cursing is needed to express frusteration towards ones idiocy.
This is what I disagree with most. I don't think swearing is ever needed. If you have to resort to swearing at someone because you can't get your point across otherwise, thats pretty bad. Clever and creative PnP is a much better way to not only belittle someone but gain reputation and respect on the forums. Unfortunately, good PnP is hard to find these days...

DeletedUser

I would have to agree with that 100%, pki. I do cuss like a drunken sailor, but when and where is my choice and anyone who's read my posts knows that I choose not to set that example here.