Taliban threat

DeletedUser70293

Is your world view really so black and white? Terrorism is not defeated by killing people. Terrorism is defeated by bringing the more moderate elements to the negotiating table to hammer out some sort of settlement which enough of the population accept that they no longer support the hard-line extremists.

Afghanistan was invaded to bring Osama-bin-Laden to justice. In retaliation, many of the people and government (albeit illegitimate government by Western standards) resisted. You're probably not going to find him. You're making ever more enemies in the region. Why are you still there?

I never supported the Afghan war. The Iraqi war, albeit started with a lie, was fought to remove a tyrant. All good, then when we stay to repair their country and fight terrorism I wasn't pleased.

The war in Afghanistan is a mistake. However so is letting the Taliban take over the country again. So it goes on.

DeletedUser74857

honestly i think the reason organazations such as the ones that Shatine mentioned are not nuked is because they are able to cause enough corruption to stay in power, take the Mafia for example. You can't wipe them out. They are connected everywhere, while Terrorists in Pakistan, i don't believe have quite so many world connections as these other organizations. I suppose our best strategy would be to find Bin-Laden, and execute him so all the world can see. (though personally i believe he is dead, and only top ranking al quada members even know that, that way terrorists hope isn't lost and is eternal.)

DeletedUser

honestly i think the reason organazations such as the ones that Shatine mentioned are not nuked is because they are able to cause enough corruption to stay in power, take the Mafia for example. You can't wipe them out. They are connected everywhere, while Terrorists in Pakistan, i don't believe have quite so many world connections as these other organizations. I suppose our best strategy would be to find Bin-Laden, and execute him so all the world can see. (though personally i believe he is dead, and only top ranking al quada members even know that, that way terrorists hope isn't lost and is eternal.)

Martyrdom. Bad idea.

shatine

if u find him i execute him lol....anyway from wath i know...i know nothing :p.....al qaeda was financet and trained first by US to fight rusian when the rusian invade afganistan so i won.t be surprised if 11 sept is provet to be and US job...to have a war u need a reason..

DeletedUser70293

The US offered to fund Bin-laden when he fought the soviets. I do know he turned down the funding preferring to fund his own war.

I don't think we trained his forces to fight.

DeletedUser

The US offered to fund Bin-laden when he fought the soviets. I do know he turned down the funding preferring to fund his own war.

And let us not forget the US also funded the IRA against Britain for years also, its about what political parties are in charge at the time and where their ideas/loyalties lie in different conflicts.

DeletedUser

So Mr. Slashzor, what is your benevolent idea to pacify radicalism.

(Don't criticize until you have a better solution)

Maybe us brits are a little cynical as we have had American funded terroists in our country for years, they were called the IRA.

As an ex army brat I know from first hand with my time in Germany and my dad touring Ireland what it was really like

DeletedUser

So Mr. Slashzor, what is your benevolent idea to pacify radicalism.

(Don't criticize until you have a better solution)

Not solve the problem by mindlessly blowing up mountains such as you proposed which in most instances may not even have people there.

Throwing bombs and weapons at things shouldn't be your "solution" to ending terrorism. Unfortunately, this is what the vast majority of Americans believe.

DeletedUser74857

Well the problem is you can't ever really end terror can you? terror is a feeling not a lifestyle. Going back to my last point Al Qaeda is now getting connected i guess, they are no different then any other mob. Triads, Mafia, IRA whatever. The think they still lack is some sort of diplomacy with another group of people, but its only a matter of time before American leaders try to strike up a deal. but thats politics, and thats a whole other subject

RED BROODER

well the eaglish also have IRA in iraland..the spanish have eta ein el pais vasco...so why not bomb the crap of this places to? ..and maybe some of us are in a place were some terorist hide so let´s bob thath to we macke from earth and giant fireball to be sure thath are no more terorist ..and then we find out they are hidding on the moon :p

IRA has a cause but what cause is talibans? build a society as they seem fit? therez a difference between Taliban & other so-called terrorists.

RED BROODER

I support US invasion of iraq, true they didnt find bombs but they were making it. If we had delayed they would have had it & started firing it(nuclear tip-head) or blackmailing the world to dance to Iraq's tune. Now North Korea has nuclear bombs,what do anti-war people suggest? how do we neutralize the threat?

Peace can prevail & can be sustained only if backed by strong force & violence-Comrade RB.

DeletedUser

IRA has a cause but what cause is talibans? build a society as they seem fit? therez a difference between Taliban & other so-called terrorists.

The IRA's cause was to blow up the English

The Talibans is to blow up America

If what your saying is 'the IRA had a cause so blowing up inocent people is ok' so why is the talibans cause not ok?

Im not saying it is but how can you say blowing up an Englishman/woman for a cause is ok. But blowing up a Yank is not?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser66088

was waiting for that, couldn't be bothered to say that myself.lol
however, the comparison with these 2 are different. the taliban are using religon as ther justification, the IRA used freedom, they also wanted ireland to be completely free.

DeletedUser

was waiting for that, couldn't be bothered to say that myself.lol
however, the comparison with these 2 are different. the taliban are using religon as ther justification, the IRA used freedom, they also wanted ireland to be completely free.

You forgot to add free and Catholic :icon_wink: Religion played it's fair share in the troubles in N. Ireland

LlamaNamedOsama

Their main goal (the Islamic terrorists, Al Qaeda, Taliban) is reform the once great, and once most feared empire of the world, the Caliphate empire.

The Irish wanted independence, just like our founding fathers wanted, just as the Indians (India) wanted, the Frenchies, Russians, Greeks ect.

DeletedUser80269

um lilfatjoey i have studied history and know of many great empires... Persian, Ottoman, Songhai, Mongolian, Roman, (arguably Viking or Macedonian).... i have never heard of the Caliphate empire and dont think it is the greatest ever if its not even famous.... (also the most feared would be the Hunnic or Mongolian because of the ruthless leaders of Atila and Genghis)

DeletedUser74857

The mongols would trash the Huns. Ghengis was a tactical genious. The only man ever to come even close to his genious was hitler. ( not saying I support hitler, but he was a genious) " the only difference between a genious and a maniac is his audiance

shatine

um lilfatjoey i have studied history and know of many great empires... Persian, Ottoman, Songhai, Mongolian, Roman, (arguably Viking or Macedonian).... i have never heard of the Caliphate empire and dont think it is the greatest ever if its not even famous.... (also the most feared would be the Hunnic or Mongolian because of the ruthless leaders of Atila and Genghis)

well read this maybe will refresh your memory...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caliphate