Teaching Tribe

Gicusan

a teaching tribe

If here would be some players called themselves as "Legends" or "Skilled" you may be sure they will quit in 1 or 2 months. This is an ordinary story how they get bored playing solo without tribe (real tribe but not bunch of oda addicted players), without firends, without motivation, without rivals. You may be sure - all legends does not play yet or they will not play seriously or they will play only under alias.

Wise players (which I consider as really skilled+legends) pick nearby normal players into tribe, teach them, make squad, learn teamwork and such tribes exists forever. Actually it depends much of their RL and how many they planned to play or whether they started play to the end or just little pwn and then quit suddenly or make big thread of pathos before pathetical quit...

So if you see "Legend" so do not believe and send there you axes. :)

This thread is not for recruiting but for imput and debate on the matter. The recruitment of youngsters will be done latter in the proper place for that. This thread lives already against the rules of this forum so do not make this harder for us. One newbee posting about joining here will not pass the first exam of getting into teaching. If you are not good enough to notice this bold you are not going to be a good player and we will lose our time with you.

I wanted to play solo and kill some time, some people and so on. But I read CBDuke's post and I think there is a better way.

So I am looking for a few teachers to help me form a teaching tribe for players that will pass a simple questionaire that will test their smarts and power to adapt.

I was for a while a member of TeachU - and I was able to learn there as much as I was teaching, despite the fact I was not expecting that. After that I started Flux with Openeye but that is another story that is not important now.

Anyway, again, I need some vets to help me with teaching and maybe make Openeye's textbook more actual also in the end.

There are more detailles but let us not make a long post until we test the market. So let us hear you now.

PS. This will be also a short lived tribe with the only purpose of teaching some people and going out with a good and more actual guide. This time I do not want to turn it into a real tribe nor build a new tribe upon its disbanding. Of course the members will be free to do what they want but that is a story I do not care too much. I do not care about being duke or anything of the kind here also. This tribe will not be about that.

PPS. Spammers, stay away or I will send you some cookies made by my nice. She is 3 and mixes everything in her art. Including things that are not ment to be eaten.

Last edited:

Gicusan

I hoped I would not have to do this.
I built Flux. A little to much to be said. Fluxes built Flux under my leadership. And that is (especialy was untill too many quit) a great tribe. Except for a few weeks when Openeye was around - until the accident.
I was in TeachU and I know how to make something like that.
I do not want to talk to much about myself.

My archivments as a player are decent and not very important here. I do not intend to make a teaching tribe. I want to start a teaching tribe where some vets are going to teach some promissing kidds about the game. We used to find great ones and many are now great players. So that is not about me too much. I have leadership skills and I am going to use them for as less as they are needed in building this.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Honestly think this is a great idea mate, wish ya all the luck with this,

DeletedUser

TeachU was awesome, and Gicusan is a legend (just modest). I am glad you are thinking of getting a teaching tribe together again. I know it helped my gameplay.

Keeps the newbieness down

Gicusan

we have a couple of days to debate and decide upon this. I have a couple of teachers so far. But as i edited in the first this is not about recruiting. i want some debate to make it better than TeachU. And some talks on the people that offer to join as teachers. And please do not turn this into mod bashing.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

This is my first world since 19, perhaps if I enjoy it (and have relative success) then I may be interested. But first, I don't have the 'qualifications' or commitment to help you.

However, second best should never be good enough.

Gicusan

sure but it might end teaching a lot of guys anyway. It is also true I am not Openeye but this should not stop us doing it.

Anyway, time for me to end my posting here for a while. A thing that does not sell itself - no matter the motivations - is not good to sell.

DeletedUser

Here's what this is really about: Its not about experience, it's about intelligence and social skills. I know players that played for months and still cant tell a sword from an axe, and I know players that just started that own everybody around them. Dont base a tribe on experience, base it on social skills and intelligence, experience is just an advantage, not the only important thing.

DeletedUser

I'd like to join. I missed TeachU and w17 teaching tribe Porky fell apart soon after starting due to not having enough members. Should be time to finally get to learning from competent people.

DeletedUser

I built Flux. A little to much to be said. Fluxes built Flux under my leadership. And that is (especialy was untill too many quit) a great tribe. Except for a few weeks when Openeye was around - until the accident.

what happend? I mean the accident..

i like the Idea btw ;)

DeletedUser

Just a thought, but from the way I understand, you're looking to make a tribe of teachers to help "teach" the newer/worse players. Yes? Instead of recruiting a bunch of veteran players to one tribe and then filtering those who wish to learn through said tribe, why not create a tribe and speak to veterans who are willing to teach, but still wish to play in a successful tribe.

With the shared forums one could lead their own tribe, while allowing all of these "veterans" of whom you speak to share their knowledge if they're willing.

Simply put, one tribe that you're controlling and what-not, then all the different "veteran" tribes could share a forum to exchange information.

Just a counter thought. :icon_wink:

P.S. I am actually interested as well. I'd be willing to teach as much as I'm able. I have actually been in the process of writing a "TeachU Textbook" of my own. (On drastically different topics, theories, and tactics).

Gicusan

From my mails I understand not everyone knows what a "TeachU" tribe is about. I will try to put it short:

1. a group of vets - I say about 10 will do - are building it and than they compose a questionaire and set a target. in order to get those right vets we need this forum thread as I do not know all the people - actually most of them. There are great bonuses here. This tribe has no alliance and no enemies. That mean free red everywhere. That is a bonus many like.

2. Than newbees that want to join will receive the questionaire. If they pass, we will get them on depending on the members limit. Than they stay for a while, learning and taking part in exercises like "kill a train" and so on. Most of the time they will work in pairs of 2, few times more. Than they move to real tribes and more room is open.

3. We will have debates on many things and in the end we will bring all together making an as good as possible "teaching textbook with diffrent angles and about various aspects: from actual fighting to interacting here and in game and so on. This is the second important mission of this TeacU tribe. It is less work than it seems as most comes from discussions and contradictions.

4. Again - no real tribe. No supporting and stuff of this kind. If some people wish to work together this is their business but there will be no forum rooms for "support", "ennoblements" and so on. This tribe will not be on regional bases so members will not be too close and they will need to talk to eachother if they are close. It is a good feeling when a litlle bird flyes away saying thanks. And that llitlle bird is not so litlle anymore and might take you over in the next world if not careful.

About the sharing some forums... this might be a good idea. But tribes, be careful, we will build wolves there not sheep. But the sharing might be only one way. Than it comes the problem of too many people able to post in the same forum...

Last edited:

shadowbuzo

Gicusan, it sounds like a great idea, helping new players or players that don't know/understand the game completely.
It will make the game more fun, for them and for us as it long term they will be a challenge.
IMHO a great idea.

Gicusan

sooner than you imagine. some good, active ones are at the top spots of w13 at the moment. And I have my doubts about fighting them. Most get to time trains better than me...

To set things clear: TeachU was not my work. I helped from about half of its existance. It is Open's especially. But not only. Many other great players were around, under alliases or not.

Last edited:

shadowbuzo

Then it just shows you did a great job ;)
Looking forward to fight your new students. In case the tribe is done.

DeletedUser

I am a founding tribal leader of a very successful W-4 tribe.
and I will vouch for Openeye any day.
ALL of my players respect, and know of Openeye.
He has been around for a very long time.
His texts are legendary, and have helped many players in many tribes throughout this game.

The guy is top notch, and knows the ins and outs of this game in great detail.
Anyone can learn from him, even those who may think they already know something. So if Gicusan is willing to teach what he knows, and the concepts that openeye guides others by, then this is truly a very excellent opportunity for ANY beginner, or player who would truly like to better themselves.