Teaching Tribe

Gicusan

Great idea, honestly. But the only flaw is that you announced it too late... as you can see, some potential teachers have already joined a tribe and thus will have difficulty helping you teach.

I'd offer, but I'm more the type that would be taught rather than doing the teaching...

I am aware of this flaw. And we should look for a way to do it. Especially with the shared forums we might gain some intresting points. For example there might be less family tribes if we play it right.

Deleted User - 3135

hmmmm, well if ur looking for some players with teaching skills i suggest u look at

Cazac w6,w19,26,w30 defence
Kingrich loaction unknown defence
Latrinepower w30 attacking
Bloodhood w30 good at moral and leadership

and hey the iceman for fun :lol::lol:

there is others but thats off the top of my head

Me helping a teaching tribe? Mmmmm... no :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

But you have to think both ways...
Sharing forums with other tribes will (as someone said above) creat a chaos as there will be a lot of posters/threads.
Also you have to be aware that this is the beginning of the world, most of the created tribes will not last that much.

If the forums are hidden, then only those with hidden viewing privileges can see or comment on them. If Gicusan makes hidden forums, then the leaders can talk and post guides/help, then those guides can be finalized and either moved to a public place, or the thread itself can be moved.

DeletedUser

hmmmm could we see a return of u to DEATH ????

heh, Celtic. I last fought for Death back when people used to fight in W6. I don't really consider the 3/4 on 1 ganking of HIRE to be fighting.

I enjoy a aggressive style of gameplay. The W6 I used to love play is not an aggressive world anymore. Its not a working equation for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

shadowbuzo

If the forums are hidden, then only those with hidden viewing privileges can see or comment on them. If Gicusan makes hidden forums, then the leaders can talk and post guides/help, then those guides can be finalized and either moved to a public place, or the thread itself can be moved.

If you didn't get the idea, it is also a PRACTICAL tribe, just reading won't do for everyone.

DeletedUser3452

If you didn't get the idea, it is also a PRACTICAL tribe, just reading won't do for everyone.

Ontop of this the guides would lose the personal touch which comes with the writer. In the original TeachU I seem to remember that any guide that appeared would be questioned, and the maker and those familiar with what had been described would answer questions and help them to understand. Thereby having a private forum for checking over and rewriting guides would be useless as firstly questions would arrive anyway, and secondly because by making that a requirement it would prevent new players from posting any guides they've heard of or even thought up themselves from what they've already learnt.

The best part of TeachU was indefinitely the beer. But it was also rather interesting to see how little those who considered themselves to be 'pros' actually knew. With such threads as the TeachU notebook up now, and various other guides to get people's minds on the right track I expect players know a lot more about gameplay - but regardless some 'pros' will no doubt pick up new tricks.

the pink panther

Which world was teachU? I remeber playing with openeye in his first world in Future Perfect

DeletedUser3452

Which world was teachU? I remeber playing with openeye in his first world in Future Perfect

TeachU was world 13. Future Perfect was world 4 as far as I can remember - but Openeye was later taken up by Ender Wiggin and placed in OA.

the pink panther

Ah was World 13 a pally/archers world? Aye future perfect was world4 I wasn't suggesting it was the same world. Saying that whatever happened to draugliun meh

DeletedUser

@ Lord Hellz

That was how TeachU worked. I still have some of the forum transcripts to prove it. The back and forth helped the guidemaker explain better what s/he meant. It certainly clarified points of confusion for newbs.

There was more to TeachU than guides. The talking to more experienced players on a shared forum was great. Much less confrontational than asking here on the public one (meaning fewer flamers to mock you). I liked the guides, but I liked the questions forum too. Brought up nuances I hadn't been aware of before.

I disagree about the best part. I think it was the personalities, and some of the spam. Then again you may have spent more time on the chat than I did. Maybe that's how I missed the beer part.

shadowbuzo

Ontop of this the guides would lose the personal touch which comes with the writer. In the original TeachU I seem to remember that any guide that appeared would be questioned, and the maker and those familiar with what had been described would answer questions and help them to understand. Thereby having a private forum for checking over and rewriting guides would be useless as firstly questions would arrive anyway, and secondly because by making that a requirement it would prevent new players from posting any guides they've heard of or even thought up themselves from what they've already learnt.

The best part of TeachU was indefinitely the beer. But it was also rather interesting to see how little those who considered themselves to be 'pros' actually knew. With such threads as the TeachU notebook up now, and various other guides to get people's minds on the right track I expect players know a lot more about gameplay - but regardless some 'pros' will no doubt pick up new tricks.

Exactly, just reading isn't enough to learn. Also I think Gicusan said something about practicing.
Anyway I think it is a great idea and has my full support

DeletedUser3452

@ Lord Hellz

That was how TeachU worked. I still have some of the forum transcripts to prove it. The back and forth helped the guidemaker explain better what s/he meant. It certainly clarified points of confusion for newbs.

There was more to TeachU than guides. The talking to more experienced players on a shared forum was great. Much less confrontational than asking here on the public one (meaning fewer flamers to mock you). I liked the guides, but I liked the questions forum too. Brought up nuances I hadn't been aware of before.

I disagree about the best part. I think it was the personalities, and some of the spam. Then again you may have spent more time on the chat than I did. Maybe that's how I missed the beer part.

Beer as far as I'm aware is completely irrelevant to TeachU. ;)

DeletedUser

Hum you could also recruit teachers that play in a normal tribe with those forums. I believe that those that teach good are also good and they have access to the hidden forums so not everyone will see the conversations.

shadowbuzo

Hum you could also recruit teachers that play in a normal tribe with those forums. I believe that those that teach good are also good and they have access to the hidden forums so not everyone will see the conversations.

Not at all, you could be a great player and not have access to the hidden forums.

DeletedUser22739

Hey Gicusan! Long time no see. You too Lord Helz. Have you finally returned to TW?

I remember FLUX. Top 15 in 5 min I believe? Is the A-Team getting back together? I talked to an STD today and he said he will eventually come back but not for awhile.

DeletedUser

New world with churches is very interesting. I have not realized yet what does church affect but it looks funny.
I guess since w13 and w14 started year ago this is the most interesting feauture + enchanced twstats.
Does know anybody which speed abandons grows? Admins said earlier that abandons might grow slower and stop their growth as they reach 3000 points. I see they grows as fast as before. And why BP is 15 days - it is the most ridiculous feauture IMO. Always 5 days was enough so I am just embarassed of it. Why not 30 days? So we might end BP with noble trains...

I see this is not a thread of recruiting xD. I guess purpose of this thread is to listen how much subject might be helpful. Answer obviously would be "very much".

Would it be secret operation when desant from w13/w14 under aliases will start from rim or you are doing this yet xD

Last edited by a moderator:

shadowbuzo

New world with churches is very interesting. I have not realized yet what does church affect but it looks funny.
I guess since w13 and w14 started year ago this is the most interesting feauture + enchanced twstats.
Does know anybody which speed abandons grows? Admins said earlier that abandons might grow slower and stop their growth as they reach 3000 points. I see they grows as fast as before. And why BP is 15 days - it is the most ridiculous feauture IMO. Always 5 days was enough so I am just embarassed of it. Why not 30 days? So we might end BP with noble trains...

I see this is not a thread of recruiting xD. I guess purpose of this thread is to listen how much subject might be helpful. Answer obviously would be "very much".

Would it be secret operation when desant from w13/w14 under aliases will start from rim or you are doing this yet xD

Just to try to answer your questions.
In the map you can see the "Display influence area of the Church" check it and you will see a blue circle, any attack inside that circle is done with Full force. Outside you will attack with only 50%.

The growth rate of the barbarians/abandoned depends on the world, faster worlds will have faster growing barbs.