Thargoran the imposter

DeletedUser

Lot of you may have noticed Thargoran playing world 68 and many claiming he is doing a premade on world 69 aswell.

I on behalf of the REAL Thargoran would like to inform everyone that, This guy is an impostor and fraud.

When I came to know that Thargoran was playing on World 68 earlier this day, I was surprised that he didn't tell me,Since we know each other personally for years.

Here is a bit of inside of the Facebook Conversation:-

ME:I heard you playing tw again ? 68 and have a premade for 69?

Thar:No, I don't (and haven't had any plans for ages). Obviously, I was inactive for too long in .net so someone else could take my nick. The current "Thargoran" in .net is not me, it's an impersonator. Fortunately, he cannot post with that nick in the forums as well.

ME:Oh okay.

Thar:Sorry, cannot be bothered with anything related to TW, really. If someone needs my nick to hide behind, so it shall be.

Quite some users asked me why I am back, but don't post in the forums. That's exactly the point, I'm not back and that idiot cannot use that captured nick in the forums as well.

Anyone knowing me would know that I would appear in the forums as well as that was - for me personally - the biggest fun factor of tribalwars.

Right after this I asked him to come on skype and here is a bit of inside related to this topic.

Thargoran (Andreas): As said, I asked Tracey, why my nick appears in .net. She checked it and told me it was deleted due to years of inactivity.

Thargoran (Andreas): So some random moron captured it. As I don't have any plans to come back, ever, I don't care that much.

Thargoran (Andreas): In this case someone hijacked my nick, for sure.

Thargoran (Andreas): You can post on my behalf. That it's not me using that nick as it got re-registered after my years of inactivity.

RIP Thargoran and to the impostor try to get your own name.

Regards,
Roger

DeletedUser

You cannot be inactive and lose your nick. I've been away many times, and my nick isn't going to anyone else. I believe all this is fake, and he is either messing with you, or you simply made up this story. Whatever it is, this isn't trust worthy

DeletedUser

You cannot be inactive and lose your nick. I've been away many times, and my nick isn't going to anyone else. I believe all this is fake, and he is either messing with you, or you simply made up this story. Whatever it is, this isn't trust worthy
All this is fake because you have a history of stealing people's accounts yourself and this could very well be you.

Anyways I ll get a mod to support mine and Thargoran's deletion claims.

DeletedUser

This and who cares for him?
Live in future... we dont even need a thread for this lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If we didnt need it, That impostor should stop claiming himself who he isnt and attract good players.

Many people want to play with Thargoran and given an opportunity they wont like to miss it.

DeletedUser

All this is fake because you have a history of stealing people's accounts yourself and this could very well be you.

Anyways I ll get a mod to support mine and Thargoran's deletion claims.

Oh yeah, I forgot that. I stole like 10 different top names, cause I really need them myself. I have to hide behind another name to make myself look better. And who is he after all? I never heard of him, and I believe I heard of almost all players worth knowing.

DeletedUser

Like this Kylan guy indeed. If we had a thread about him crying for lost account name, it would be something completly different ;) Hi mate ^^

DeletedUser

Thargoran is an old tribalwars mod and admin.He was also considered a very good player prob. one of the best of all time and this impostor is using his name to attract other players, Which reminds me what you did a few years ago Wicker

Garrock

Oh yeah, I forgot that. I stole like 10 different top names, cause I really need them myself. I have to hide behind another name to make myself look better. And who is he after all? I never heard of him, and I believe I heard of almost all players worth knowing.

Not to get involved in a who is and isn't Thargoran... but you've never heard of him? At one point he was as big as any other name out there... last I recall seeing him was in a mid teens world though I had heard he was playing in some Euro server for a bit after that.

And yes, your account can delete if inactive long enough. I think it's got to be 3-5 years though, somewhere around there.

DeletedUser

Never heard of him, and you cannot lose a name if you go inactive. And if he managed to do so anyway, he isn't worth remembering anyway.
I don't reconized I stole any names, to use for my personal use? Please enlighten me!

DeletedUser

Never heard of him, and you cannot lose a name if you go inactive. And if he managed to do so anyway, he isn't worth remembering anyway.

What are you doing on this thread then if I may ask?
"Increasing your posts" I presume.

DeletedUser

What are you doing on this thread then if I may ask?
"Increasing your posts" I presume.

Yeah, I like to keep my numbers up high. I just have a thing for high numbers you know! Makes me feel more than you

DeletedUser

Yes, the "Thargoran" playing this world is likely an imposter. Yes, accounts get deactivated when they are not used and the name is made available for new registrations.

original Thargoran id: 67390
new Thargoran id: 9962611

I had to re-activate my account when I joined this world. It kept the same id and maintained the information on premium history and past tribemates/friends.

I strongly doubt Andreas would play this again, let alone create a new Thargoran account, spend as much money on it as this new Thargoran has, write the nonsense that's on Thargoran's profile, and use some clown picture from google image search instead of the avatar that he created.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

When I just came back, my ingame name Duffbdat was no longer active. I had to remake it. For some reason my e10100111001 name was still active. So it does happen that they delete ingame names.
Whoever is playing as Tharg is doing a fine job. Hopefully he plays the name in the spirit of old cantankerous Tharg and uses some Black Gold strat.

DeletedUser110464

Man this reminds me of a similar situation I heard about Nauzhror. He told me that on an earlier .net world someone used the name "nauzhor", and convinced a bunch of his players to join his tribe. When Nauz heard about this he joined under a different name, joined the tribe, and then revealed to the tribe how this person was imposter due to missing an r in the name.

These things happen, but I do have to agree if he's an imposter he's at least not slandering the name or doing too bad. It's sad that people have to try to hide behind names so people think they are good, but if you have a problem with it then do something about it. Obviously the real thargoran quit Tw over a year ago and isn't going to bother to do anything about it, so I guess it's nice to know for information. I was wondering why he was playing .net once again...