the Agullabell/Violett poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

OTDDeathAwaits

I think TW should make a rule where people are not pitched off against eachother because what happened in the previous thread is a very sad thing to see where one person becomes very very upset. Its not right when you consider the fact that there is a real persons feelings on the other side of the keyboard/computer screen that can be hurt.

I hope people and TW especially can learn a lesson from what has occurred and avoid such a thing happening again. I would like to apologise to agullabell as a fellow TW player and her as my friend on this game for actually taking part in the poll. It was demeaning for all those included in the poll. Regardless if it was a serious/playful poll.

no-one deserves to be pitched off eachother and as many of us are apparently mature, should have taken the high road.

EDIT: I would like to just make it clear that this is by no means an insult for the poll author or those who voted as the poll was demanded for by an overwhelming number of people in a previous thread.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Tribal Wars, even though there is a large aspect of tribal help in it, is simply a player V player game. Players are always going to be pitted against each other. It's so easy to compare two players on this game, with the help of TWstats etc, it's how the people reacted to this thread that was the main problem.

This is the politics and propaganda forum, if one of RAW's Dukes doesn't get the slightest fraction of vote against a DNS player, surely that counts as propaganda? This form of propaganda was picked up by the people that commented on Bell losing heavily.

But like you said, I do see where you're coming from, but I feel that the poll was fine. It was just the way people (not just Bell) reacted to it. Again, I'm not trying to shoot anyone down, just giving my opinion, like yourself.

DeletedUser

I wanted to post this in the other topic...

what happened is another similarity with rl if you want to call it this way.

People are thriving to see great personalities in trouble, to search for every small defect or even the smallest mistake. why ? cause they can't rise up to that level. The greater is the perosn in cause the more he/she will be flamed/trashed in public. is what masses do. They feel individually small so they gang up try to make everyone at their size. Is something that will never change. Just read some scandal magazines, or look at the latest scandal about M.jackson. How almost everyone trashed him and now seems that was just a scam...anyway..

Bell is a great person. Maybe one of the best around here. And is a great player. maybe on of the best arond here. And she has strong opinions, strong feelings and knows what she wants..and for that she has a reputation (some will say a bad one..i will say just reputation cause doesn't matter if is good or bad), when someone is flaming her for any unsignificant reason..true or not...is just an attempt to have just a little from this reputation..to be in center of attention, if they manage to squeeze a laugh from another member they are thriving cause, in their small view, they just nailed the target and prove they are better...which almost always is just a fake feeling, cause for being better is not somethign you buy by flaming and thrashing someone.
maybe there are ppl who dislike bell. Well..there are more who like her..even among those who voted for vio...cause they go woth the flow and don't have the spine to say what they think. And here I must say I've noted and respected sarcasm's posts. At least he said what he though.

Bell - you can always count on us. You know that and you know that respect comes in time. You deserve respect and no one can take this from you. :)

yungoe

I disagree with the large part of your post smoke. Personally I don't bash people that are great, I bash people that believe they are great and thus create a sense of arrogance.

I do agree however that that poll should have been limited to voting only or not posted up all. Of course it's propoganda, but the mods are supposed to be neutral right?

The ironic part is however, that all of this started because of a comment by evando...

DeletedUser

well..it is my post an my words but the ideas are from the crowd psychology. and of course those are general lines (regarding this issue in particular). and we can detaliate your personal opinion too but there is no point in doing it, no ?

yungoe

well..it is my post an my words but the ideas are from the crowd psychology. and of course those are general lines (regarding this issue in particular). and we can detaliate your personal opinion too but there is no point in doing it, no ?

As you can see, I didn't attempt at disproving your comment, I simply disagree.

DeletedUser

I couldnt see or vote at other thread, so I couldnt leave a comment to that foolery.

W9 players chosed me the best of 2008 in a thread. But i totally know inside that Bell was 2 times better than me. She teached me a lot of things, and I'm really grateful to what she's done for me. The only reason why you dont know Bell is that good is she always chose to hide what she does, she doesnt need her name on lights unlike me, and as a result her name couldnt even get 5 votes.

Bell is the best player you can see on this game, not only determination, also defence skills as sarcasm said, and her offence skills are also great (who can send 20 nukes in 2 sec.s)

You just saw she was sending joke nukes or nobles, and thought she can be near Violett. Consider what Bell gave to this world? If Bell wouldnt sit all that acc.s RAW wouldnt be around, RAW could never live that long without her. World will only have one pole, and prolly would end months before now.

And Vio, only thing she did is being 7/24 online at skype chat and trying to seem cool as we're always making fun with stormspirit about :D (eating sth with chopsticks or wearing strange things and try to seem sexy :lol: Was cracking us up, thnx for the fun) and she survived one huge assault?? How many Bell survived, not only for herself, who else sit and watched over 3000-5000 attacks on a non-premium acc.?? for a tribemate)

Noone else gave more than Bell to this world, maybe Psihic and Ippe may be an exception coz I dont know much about what they did, but Bell was one of most important players to that world.

Bell if you wouldnt be there and listen my whines (Being single man of tribe was hard, and Bell was the only person I could talk about my problems) DA would never be around, and i believe Raw would never last that long. Nvm that Vio suckers, -15-20 aged teenage group who tries to seem cool to each other, and never stop talking, and doesnt know there's a real person behind that computer screen- You'll always be remembered as the most respected person of W9 by me and more others, even by your most enemies.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

valth...now my posts seems pathetic..lol.

Haha, of course not :icon_biggrin: Your quotes about crowd psychology seemed so familiar to me :icon_wink: Bad part is, Bell is more emotional than me and while i was laughing to people she really cares :icon_cry:

yungoe

Valth, I believe savraa has been sitting quite a lot of accounts too.

A lot of people don't trust people on words. People want solid facts and proves, not biased opinions. The fact that bell hides what she can do is perhaps the main reason why she received so little votes.

Also, it's a poll, it asks for public opinions, it's bound to be biased.

DeletedUser

i disagree. if you don't know what some thing is about - you don't stick your nose there. if you don't know how a players plays..you don't came with some opinions that not even biased can be called. just crap.

DeletedUser

yeah, if most of players dont know anything about how vio and bell plays and say "hey look at vio she's hawt and can use chopsticks too, vote vote", its not an unbiased poll, its just crap

yungoe

i disagree. if you don't know what some thing is about - you don't stick your nose there. if you don't know how a players plays..you don't came with some opinions that not even biased can be called. just crap.

Alright then smoke. Tell me how we can do a poll that's not biased. I'm curious to hear your solution to this.

People vote even if they don't know anything. That's the way it is here and it even happens in real life. Why do some people vote on certain politicians? Because s/he is good,etc? No, some people simply vote because they like the person or because the person is better with words.

It's the way it is and it will never change. If you force those votes out, we will lose the so loved Freedom of Speech right.

You may call it crap, but that does not exclude it from being biased....

yeah, if most of players dont know anything about how vio and bell plays and say "hey look at vio she's hawt and can use chopsticks too, vote vote", its not an unbiased poll, its just crap

Erm, I clearly said that every poll was biased, so naturally this poll was also biased and thus not unbiased.

Also, 'the voting because i like someone' is like the prime example of bias.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

if you explain why you're voting, what makes vio better than bell (and standing against one huge assault that Bell saw at least 15-20 of doesnt count i think?) the poll could be less biased, yes you're right about every poll is a lil biased but that poll was a huge BS.

DeletedUser

oh, i just found out another reason to Vio voters: She can make Sigs :lol:

Does it make her a better player than Bell, i dont think so but some people does :icon_neutral:

yungoe

oh, i just found out another reason to Vio voters: She can make Sigs :lol:

Does it make her a better player than Bell, i dont think so but some people does :icon_neutral:

If you check, it says 'Who's better' and not 'Who's the better player'

It's vague enough to justify better in totality, thus including personality, playerskills, etc.

DeletedUser

If you check, it says 'Who's better' and not 'Who's the better player'

It's vague enough to justify better in totality, thus including personality, playerskills, etc.

tell me how much you know about Bell's personality? and what made you think Vio can be better than Bell?

edit: yeah i thought it should be who's better player when I think its a game and only player skills should be talked about, ethically. Covering a mistake with another (not made by you, yes) is not a way of proving you're right i think.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

but the mods are supposed to be neutral right?

If that is about me and Sebco, then no. We do not have to be neutral. We can be as biased as i want against any world 9 tribe.

And as the creator of the thread in question, i did actual post to say that the flaming should stop.

And to explain my vote, i know Vio better so i voted for her. I have nothing against Bell, i will infact reply to her in a nice way when we exchange mails ingame instead of ignoring them or trying to insult her.

Also, for those who fail to realise, the poll never asked for who was the better player, it was a simple question of who you as an anonymous voter think is better. I could have turned the option on to allow you all to view who voted for who, but then they wouldn't be fair.

yungoe

tell me how much you know about Bell's personality? and what made you think Vio can be better than Bell?

edit: yeah i thought it should be who's better player when I think its a game and only player skills should be talked about, ethically. Covering a mistake with another (not made by you, yes) is not a way of proving you're right i think.

I've seen almost all bell's posts I must say.

@Peter: doesn't a poll always asks what the public thinks instead of what is actually the right answer? :icon_razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.