The Ashes

DeletedUser

We have 215 runs and only 1 person out. That is really really good.

DeletedUser

Hmm... all i see is blah blah boring boring bori-Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..... :lol:

DeletedUser

Cricket is brutal. I miss the lions tour that was immense all because an irish man was made captain!

DeletedUser

Cricket is brutal. I miss the lions tour that was immense all because an irish man was made captain!

Aye and pairing O' Driscoll with Jamie Roberts was a stroke of genius!

The team played really well the first 2 games a shame they didn't win them, at least the third game was some consolation :icon_smile:

slayer123121

The team played really well the first 2 games a shame they didn't win them, at least the third game was some consolation :icon_smile:

Ya Roberts is class and Driscoll is class as well. Welsh and the irsh u see!:icon_cool: No englishmen!

And the 2nd test Lions woulda won if they didn't injure BOTH! welsh props who were demolishing that Saffies scrum!

DeletedUser

Also riki flutey was a great back up to have:icon_razz: I'm still in shock in how SA won the second test it was the most one sided match I've ever seen every boks player was bullied by there opposite number if Matfield did a quarter of O' Connells work in either game the SA press would have been raving about him he is way over-rated by them:icon_rolleyes: Also you have to give it to shaw he was the most unsung hero of the tour 36 years of age but still able to play lions test rugby fair f*cks:lol:

OT: Cricket is for boy likers!

gholm

the boks are the best team in the world at the moment the only team close is the all blacks infact if you had to choose a team from the boks,all blacks and the wallabies the lions would be smashed everytime.i mean the 3 southern hemisphere sides have dominated world rugby in total.the north is not close.

but will give credit where credit is due the irish centres are very good but in total the best home nation from my piont of view are the welsh

DeletedUser

you having a laugh the best team in the north is Ireland... They one the grand slam, Leinster a province in Ireland won the Heineken Cup, Munster another province won the magners league and Ireland had the most representations in the lions squad.... Now what did the welsh do this year that makes them better than Ireland.... Thats right nothing:icon_rolleyes:

Wallam

England won :D

I feel for Australia though and I have grown in respect for people like Ricky Ponting over the course of this tour, who hasnt blamed dodgy decisions or very bad sportsmanship from english supporters (booing) as to why his side was losing.

Still its nice to see the ashes back in Eglish hands :)

DeletedUser

the boks are the best team in the world at the moment the only team close is the all blacks infact if you had to choose a team from the boks,all blacks and the wallabies the lions would be smashed everytime.i mean the 3 southern hemisphere sides have dominated world rugby in total.the north is not close.

but will give credit where credit is due the irish centres are very good but in total the best home nation from my piont of view are the welsh

The Lions played very well against the Boks this year, they deserved to win at least one of the games they lost against them.

Like Ironfist has said, Ireland are clearly the best team right now. Wales are good, but they have a problem with bad form - when they're playing well, they're brilliant, but when they're not, they fall to pieces...
Especially since bringing in Declan Kidney (the Munster coach who led them to 2 Heineken Cup winnings in 3 years) the future is certainly bright for Ireland, they have some world class leaders in O' Driscoll, O' Connell (Captain of the Lions :icon_wink:) and O' Gara (often considered one of the best fly halves in the world at controlling the game); as well as a strong crop of young players coming through, who will be sure to carry on the high standards of play that the team is showing right now - Rob Kearney, Luke Fitzgerald and Jamie Heaslip to name a few... I really can't wait for next years 6 nations, it's going to be awesome :)

Wallam

The Lions played very well against the Boks this year, they deserved to win at least one of the games they lost against them.

Like Ironfist has said, Ireland are clearly the best team right now. Wales are good, but they have a problem with bad form - when they're playing well, they're brilliant, but when they're not, they fall to pieces...
Especially since bringing in Declan Kidney (the Munster coach who led them to 2 Heineken Cup winnings in 3 years) the future is certainly bright for Ireland, they have some world class leaders in O' Driscoll, O' Connell (Captain of the Lions :icon_wink:) and O' Gara (often considered one of the best fly halves in the world at controlling the game); as well as a strong crop of young players coming through, who will be sure to carry on the high standards of play that the team is showing right now - Rob Kearney, Luke Fitzgerald and Jamie Heaslip to name a few... I really can't wait for next years 6 nations, it's going to be awesome :)

Im looking forward to 6 nations as well.. being Welsh im looking forward to some strong rugby from our lads ;)

I wouldnt say we fall to pieces but I agree that we do have major problems with our consistency at times. Still players like Shane Williams are amazing to watch and are at times unstoppable.

Ireland are good but when Wales are at their peak.. Im really not sure who would take it :)

Christopher Silver

England one, and that means i won my bed with Lord of Valinor, an australian, and as a result you will see all his villages are named "We lost the Ashes :(" and will remain that way for a month.

DeletedUser

God damn it. I feel so stupid starting this thread :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

hahaha mark your country lost to england now the aussies fail.....:icon_eek:

gholm

well all im going to say is go to england for helping south africa become the number 1 test team in the world (and number 1 in ODIs) and cant wiat for when the poms come here to SA so we can show you's how to play real cricket.

and for the rugby i think the boks are playing ireland at the end of year tour.hopefuly or should i say the boks will teach the north a lesson on how to play rugby :icon_razz: