The Church and the Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warrior for Christ

Since the church is supposed to cost so many villager spaces in villages outside of your first one, are we getting a farm increase? If not, then we only get maybe 6000-8000 total troops every village that has a church.

DeletedUser

Nope, its being made like that to add strategy to the game :)

You need these vills, but they're crippled...

Warrior for Christ

Well, that'll definitley make people rethink old strategies then. I didn't think we would get a farm upgrade, but it was worth a shot asking.

DeletedUser

so it would be the smart thing to find them and hit them first

only downside is that the troops in there will be x2 the normal ones outside its range :|
so you could also attack the troops outside and kill them faster

i think i actually need to think here

Warrior for Christ

You just have to remember, that it's not just in that village, but also in villages near by. That's what makes it interesting. But, I wonder if you attack someone outside of your church's range, do your troops become weaker? I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes.

DeletedUser

1 in 5 villages having a church at level 3 should be enough in-order to avoid being crippled when/if you lose a church village but not so many you weaken yourself too far(due to a level 3 church taking 12k Population). The 1st village will have a level 1 Church which in this case only will take 5 population so nothing big to worry about.

DeletedUser

It kinda works like this

special01.jpg

DeletedUser

dude i love your name my Church has a youth group called "Warriors" (which obviously means: "Warriors for Christ"

Warrior for Christ

Thanks. My church may not have a cool youth name, but my pastor is always telling us we are Warriors for Christ, hence, my name. I'll quit tribalwars soon, since I'm joining the US Army, but when I get back, if I have spare time, I'll probably make a new profile. If no one else takes it by then, look for the name ' The Lord's Knight.

shadowbuzo

I don't see the problem in here :p
Church will add more fun to this :D

Warrior for Christ

I don't have a problem with it, I'm just curious. The explanation didn't really answer my questions. Like:
1. Will there be a farm increase? (ANSWERED)
2. Will troops whose village IS within range of a church lose their benefits if they were to attack a village outside the church's range?
3. What is the church's range, on each lvl?
4. Can a church be catapulted? (Don't remember seeing this on the thread. I do know if you take over a village with a church, it is destroyed)
5. Will the church's benefits be multiplied with the wall's benefits?
6. Does the church increase the basic defenses of a village?

These are the ones I can remember. Could someone please quote this message when they answer a question, and please let me know which one is being answered? Thanks.

DeletedUser

1. Will there be a farm increase? (ANSWERED) No
2. Will troops whose village IS within range of a church lose their benefits if they were to attack a village outside the church's range? Yes
3. What is the church's range, on each lvl? 4 vills Lvl 1, 6 vills Lvl 2, 8 vills Lvl 3
4. Can a church be catapulted? (Don't remember seeing this on the thread. I do know if you take over a village with a church, it is destroyed) Yes, but it takes a lot more cats
5. Will the church's benefits be multiplied with the wall's benefits? No
6. Does the church increase the basic defenses of a village? No

Not too sure on the last two, but I reckon they're 'no'

DeletedUser

I don't have a problem with it, I'm just curious. The explanation didn't really answer my questions. Like:
1. Will there be a farm increase? (ANSWERED)
2. Will troops whose village IS within range of a church lose their benefits if they were to attack a village outside the church's range?
3. What is the church's range, on each lvl?
4. Can a church be catapulted? (Don't remember seeing this on the thread. I do know if you take over a village with a church, it is destroyed)
5. Will the church's benefits be multiplied with the wall's benefits?
6. Does the church increase the basic defenses of a village?

These are the ones I can remember. Could someone please quote this message when they answer a question, and please let me know which one is being answered? Thanks.

1) No. The sole purpose of introducing churches is to bring more strategy. If they increased the farm space the incomparable and unique settings will be lost/to a lower extent.

2) It's the source of the village which matters not the village of battle.

3) I think it would be important I mention that there are 2 kinds of churches. One of them (the kind you automatically start with in your first village) can only exist in 1 village, similar to a paladin, and cannot be upgraded. This kind of church has an area of influence with a radius of 6 fields(Level 2 radius wise). The other kind, which you can make in any village, is like this:

Level 1: 4 fields radius
Level 2: 6 fields radius
Level 3: 8 fields radius

areaofinfluence.png

4) Churches can be catapulted but they take significantly more catapults to drop a level than normal buildings.

5 & 6) As far as I'm aware, No.

DeletedUser

Forgive me if this has already been answered somewhere and I just missed it, but what is Belief?

DeletedUser

This strongly reduces the value of tribemembers. This world could potentially be the best yet for soloing.

AzBone

my church needs a new roof ,,donations gratefully recieved ;-)

may allah be with you ! ;-)

DeletedUser

i reckon you only need 1 church lvl 3 village about every 10 villages so it shouldn't cripple us all too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.