The Discussion of Premium: Pro's and Con's

DeletedUser

Well its Innogames job to find an equilibrium where the price is high enough to keep many players playing but not too low so they don't make as much money if you know what I mean. I think that for a game like Tribal wars they should not charge 103 pounds a year. If they are to take this money and improve the game with excellent new features and basically other things which will make the customers happy I'll be okay with that more or less. I must admit that if this continues though I will leave and I'm sure many will too but also many will stay.

Taking this in mind we need to understand that Tribal Wars is pretty international and some people can't afford to premium at those prices or will have a hard time doing so. So could this affect activity in tribes?

DeletedUser

Im a 15, nearly 16 year old kid, i dont have a job i live in a small crappy town where there are no jobs to do, i have some money but im not going to spend all my money on a game when i can spend it on other things, how am i suppose to play this game and do the things i like, going out doing things ? I would like a ACTUAL in gamestaff person to come out here and explain to me why they are excluding kids from this game, because thats what there doing. utter BS and i think they brought it in way to fast.

So please ingame people answer my question, why are you preventing me from playing your game ? Why are you saying choose to spend your money on our game or on your life ? People without jobs are going to have the same problem, the changes you have made that are suppose to be worth this money are NOT worth the money, if you had taken away all the new thinsg you did iim sure very little people would mind, and im sure it does not cost you a extra £34 a month just to have a new noble system, as a person that knows a bit about software and games, you are overcharging for what you are giving. And i think your going to loose a lot of money, or you might not, but what you are doing is still wrong.

DeletedUser

just don't play with premium...i don't and i do just fine.

DeletedUser

just don't play with premium...i don't and i do just fine.

No darkwatch you weren't fine. When your account get big enough, without premium, even simple task like banking package take a lot of time, so for everyday action, you open 4 pages per village, 200 pages per 500k point, 1 hour per day for just that. Premium make the time down to 10 minutes :)
If you have premium, you can fake 100x more effective then you do without. So you MUST buy premium after you get to a certain point, and when you get used to it, playing without premium is like impossible.

In my country, there are several games to play for free, Lineage II, Silk road, MU Online, Priston Tale and some others great games. In web-based we have Travian, Ikariam, Dead Frontier Online, ..., all of which are free. They make money through advertisement (yes some boss have Samsung logo in its body but who care :icon_smile:).

DeletedUser

I dont know about the others but Travian makes money the same way as this game, you spend money to buy gold wich in turn allows you to do certain things such as que buildings etc. In my veiw Travian is actually worse; the money you spend doesnt just allow you to have bigger accounts with less organisation needed, it actually gives you special benifits such as building things instantly, extra res etc. It is almost impossible to be top in the rankings for anything without spending money in Travian. (i tested it, without Gold i was rank 1000, starting a game with gold rank 300.....big difference)

All the other web based games i have played have some kinds of extra benifit for spending money, quite often as far as combat benifits. (think how it would be if you could spend a premium point to increase the attack power of all your troops by 10%).

I have found that i much prefer the tribal wars premium because it really just saves time and improves organisation as opposed to flat bonus' or something, it still leaves a need for a lot of skill and commitment compared to some games where you can buy your way to the top. Myself, i will try not to go beyond 50 villages because i dont have the time and i find that after a certain size it starts to get a bit boring.