The doomsday clock

DeletedUser

1o3g9s.jpg

OK the countdown clock on PWC HAS begun!

the bad blood is flying as PWC loses its external forums...sad days indeed...i will post the proceedings here, but i have to edit the dirty words out...and they have been flying!

glamazonia 02.03.2011 00:45:33 quote -
Dear Members,

The time has come to close down our external forum. It will close on Friday, March 4th. A few moments later, the internal forum will be opened to our members. Please be patient during this transition. We cannot expect it to be in full working order immediately.

Information transferred from the external will be minimal. If there is anything you require (scripts for example) it will be your responsibility to copy those for your own use. At this point, players should have everything they require already set up in their quick bars. So listing several scripts in the internal forum should not be necessary.

Op leaders of any ongoing or current missions must contact Aukana, unicorngirl, legandbrowner or glamazonia if you wish for your data to be transferred to the internal forum.

We have changed the limits on the in-game claiming system to reflect our current limits. All current claims must be transferred there as soon as possible. Any claims that are not transferred by the time the external forum closes will become void.

A big thank you to pipe-trc, Pokerface1712 & Mr Raven for creating the most incredible forum and features this game will ever see. We were honored to have been able to call it our own. We will miss it very much! Thank you!!

modified: glamazonia - 02.03.2011 02:02:44
fatboy24 02.03.2011 00:49:17 quote -
I 2nd that. It was agreat forum!!!
arsenal208 02.03.2011 01:02:33 quote -
What about the script maker?

Is there a way to save that? because that is something worth having for us.
glamazonia 02.03.2011 01:06:52 quote -
no, unfortunately that cannot be saved or moved. It dies with its creators pipe-trc & MrMoor
arsenal208 02.03.2011 01:12:10 quote -
wow. That's like spitting in our faces.

I offered to pay, out of my own pocket, to keep this stuff going, and that just get ignored, so we throw away all our stuff here, all the tools players became used to, everything.

I don't think I'm the only one that is frustrated with how this tribe is being handled.
glamazonia 02.03.2011 01:48:44 quote -
??
arsenal208 02.03.2011 02:10:35 quote -
I'm sorry to go off topic, but I need to rant.

I feel like the tribe has no direction, players are more concerned with how INSO cheats instead of nuking them, no one took the time out to teach players how to play (from what I see on the forums) and it just seems like we end up getting thrown the the wolves at every turn.

I heard that we would lose the forums and the very first thing I did was search for hosting space so that I could help my tribe. So that no one had any hiccups or anything. I get an email back from Pipe-TRC, I reply back and that goes unanswered.

Players are leaving/left, Players are looking to jump ship and join INSO, not like they are going to take any of you who are trying to save your own . And players are actually sitting on troops, waiting for the council to give them orders on what to do with them.

Trust is a crucial part to being an effective tribe, if you don't trust your tribemate, why have them as one? If you don't trust some of your members, why keep them here?

INSO was scared of this tribe at the start of the war, now they think we are all a big joke. This tribe needs a change if we are going to go back to being a threat.
glamazonia 02.03.2011 06:23:44 quote -
1. Going off topic in this thread is just disrespectful if you ask me. Losing our forum is no small issue. We are all very upset about it. Those that have used it for the past few years know its capabilities and know it works and we love it. Losing it is like losing Pipe and Poker all over again.

2. What you see in the forums is very limited. Hundreds of topics are no longer visible because they have been archived. You cant just walk in here and scan through the threads and assume you know exactly whats going on. You also have no access to the leadership areas where there are over 14 separate boards. Anything with a yellow or red dot is also old news. Our tribe hasn't been using much of this forum at all since the loss of our leadership.

3. You are a new member here. Pipe is not about to hand over years of his personal work to someone he does not know. Poker who has been hosting this forum all along certainly has the right to close it if he wishes. Any honestly, what was once a secure area.. is now infected.

4. What would you suggest with regard to a change? New leadership? I am all for it! I would like nothing better that to step down from this role that I have been thrust into. I did not choose to stay and try to fill Pipe and Pokers shoes. I was forced to step up and try and pick up the pieces. They are very sharp pieces.. I am beginning to bleed out.

5. Trust. I no longer trust anyone. Those I trusted are gone.
dreamwizrd 02.03.2011 11:05:58 quote -
yes the forum will be a loss :(

but wasnt it you aresnal that said we should use the internal claims? it cant be all that bad, I will have about 50 scripts that will be invalid. but i think i might be able to get the report renaming thing working, maybe, idk how much has linked to the external. but it wont get uploaded. I have manged to get it working on other worlds, sort of. But i dont know if that had anything to do with being logged into the external. But i doubt it will be as good as it was if at all.

About the hosting thing, i can host a website, but there is no way i can understand whats going on here.

I have no idea about the claims, i have no idea about the way this whole forum is integrated into the game and i dont know php.
I havent even bothed to put my name down. this is above me.

But just think about this, if someone who has made this who knows how to make this is spending that much a month dont you think its for a good reason?

About leadership, i dont think anyone else has the right to just step in unless they have had the experiance that you have.

All the old council members have either gone or are less active for various reasons.

Its all well and good just saying, hay aresnal your the new leader.

then what?
arsenal208 02.03.2011 13:38:21 quote -
"glamazonia" wrote:
1. Going off topic in this thread is just disrespectful if you ask me. Losing our forum is no small issue. We are all very upset about it. Those that have used it for the past few years know its capabilities and know it works and we love it. Losing it is like losing Pipe and Poker all over again.

2. What you see in the forums is very limited. Hundreds of topics are no longer visible because they have been archived. You cant just walk in here and scan through the threads and assume you know exactly whats going on. You also have no access to the leadership areas where there are over 14 separate boards. Anything with a yellow or red dot is also old news. Our tribe hasn't been using much of this forum at all since the loss of our leadership.

3. You are a new member here. Pipe is not about to hand over years of his personal work to someone he does not know. Poker who has been hosting this forum all along certainly has the right to close it if he wishes. Any honestly, what was once a secure area.. is now infected.

4. What would you suggest with regard to a change? New leadership? I am all for it! I would like nothing better that to step down from this role that I have been thrust into. I did not choose to stay and try to fill Pipe and Pokers shoes. I was forced to step up and try and pick up the pieces. They are very sharp pieces.. I am beginning to bleed out.

5. Trust. I no longer trust anyone. Those I trusted are gone.

1- I started off by saying I am sorry, I made the offer to help the tribe out, I could care less about anything else. Pipe, poker, whoever else helped out, thats wonderful that they did, but they did it to help the tribe out, didn't they?
To make a script maker like that, or to basically build a tribe around these forums, only to say "well, we left now and all this stuff is coming with us, cya!" Is majorly disrespectful to me.

2- I was apart of this world before, I saw how you guys worked. I can look through threads, post in threads and see how people are not active at all in this forum. I can see the writing on the wall glam.

3- Im not asking to hand over anything, I suck at techno stuff, I was offering to pay for the hosting so that we, as a tribe, could continue to function the way it has been since these forums started. You know, the whole "My tribe is important, I would do anything for the tribe" thing.

4- who asked you to fill anyone's shoes? Be your own leader and run the tribe the way you see fit. If that means kicking players, kick them, if that means stepping down and appointing other players as leaders, then do it. I know you are getting burnt out, all of W13 knows you are getting burnt out. How many players here could even attempt to step in and run a tribe? My guess would be less than 3.

5- Then why fight alongside any of us? If you don't trust anyone, why not leave? Be like the others and go try to join INSO.

"dreamwizrd" wrote:
yes the forum will be a loss :(

but wasnt it you aresnal that said we should use the internal claims? it cant be all that bad, I will have about 50 scripts that will be invalid. but i think i might be able to get the report renaming thing working, maybe, idk how much has linked to the external. but it wont get uploaded. I have manged to get it working on other worlds, sort of. But i dont know if that had anything to do with being logged into the external. But i doubt it will be as good as it was if at all.

About the hosting thing, i can host a website, but there is no way i can understand whats going on here.

I have no idea about the claims, i have no idea about the way this whole forum is integrated into the game and i dont know php.
I havent even bothed to put my name down. this is above me.

But just think about this, if someone who has made this who knows how to make this is spending that much a month dont you think its for a good reason?

About leadership, i dont think anyone else has the right to just step in unless they have had the experiance that you have.

All the old council members have either gone or are less active for various reasons.

Its all well and good just saying, hay aresnal your the new leader.

then what?

Losing a forum and using the ingame claim system is 2 different things, you don't have to choose 1 or the other, you can use both.

They are lying about the cost of webhosting. Plain and simple. Do a search for webhosting and take a look at the prices that come up.

leadership, I agree, but when Glam quits the game from being fed up, who is going to take her place then? you? I got told you applied to INSO, so your opinions no longer matter here, in my opinion.

I would love to join INSO, but I know they won't take me. I would love to fight alongside my old tribe mates that are left, but I know that will never happen, so I fight alongside all of you, because you are my new tribe, my new family.

I've been dumping nukes on players left and right in hopes that area players are actively fighting and notice the lack of troops in INSO villages due to me bombing the **** out of them, yet very little gets done.

I want to see INSO blood flowing in this world, I want to see more INSO players come under pressure and quit. I want to win this ****ing world and with burnt out leadership and players you can't trust, that will never happen.
pipe-trc 02.03.2011 20:34:51 quote -
This is poker speaking:

I didn´t read all details here or anywhere else during the past weeks and I will not be able to ever do so again.
My decision to close the forum finally have been all named already and thank you very much wendy for your warm words.

Transfering anything of this forum will be very much work as it´s not just transferring the data, it´s the need to transfer all the knowledge about the program structure, databases, access rights and everything, which can only be done by pipe, mrraven and partly me.
--> We just can´t effort all this time and nerves, just to pass on an infiltrated area that is hosting just a very little rest of what our great family has been during the past years.

It´s a real pitty to let all this go, but things change over times and the time for PWC and this forum have passed long ago.
The spirit is gone, most of the great players are gone, we´ve lost so many friends and gameplay has been destroyed by several idiots and the many game-changes which made much of our hard work obsolete.
If I may say this: The TW-Team copied so much of our forum and implemented it to the game itself, that it simply doesn´t make any fun to add any more improvements here and it doesn´t make sense to continue this forum at all.

I will close down this forum on friday, 4th of march or as soon as I get to do so after friday.

And as one last point... wendy has really worked her a** to keep everything running, but she simply was left too alone with all the things and the really trustworthy players have left long ago. Nearly nobody was really helping her (except very few old friends, mainly Aukana, unicorngirl, legandbrowner) to hold together the remaining bunch of disloyal creatures here...
Wendy has my highest respect for all her effort and I will never understand why she has still been fighting for so long, just to be handled like above. ... wendy... if you need a hug, just call, I´ll be there!

@new andy: This forum costs me 99€ (roughly 130$) per month.... I simply think that I am allowed to close it when I think the time has come and nobody has the right to argue about that, even if I of course understand that it is a loss, ... at least the script generator is as the last thing that wasn´t copied yet. The price is not for a simple webhosting platform like you searched for, it´s for a dedicated server that I am running. This Server is not only hosting PWC.com but the other domains are not active and simply redirecting domains to my firms homepage. I started this server 2.5 years ago, when PWC was founded and we needed a dedicated server to run our planned forum as optimized as possible!
I don´t say that it can´t be run on a low-cost server, but as said above, the work to make it run elsewhere, transferring the data, the domain rights and teaching you how to run/program/edit this forum simply is a "never ever" effort for pipe and me.

Calling me a liar makes me a little speechless....but here is the monthly bill to shut you up.

I really miss the good old times of trust, fun and family-spirit... but I hate to see what´s left over here. ;o(

Bye,
Poker

modified: pipe-trc - 02.03.2011 20:38:47
pipe-trc 02.03.2011 21:02:23 quote -
P.S., Poker one more: @new andy and others who think the same:
1- I started off by saying I am sorry, I made the offer to help the tribe out, I could care less about anything else. Pipe, poker, whoever else helped out, thats wonderful that they did, but they did it to help the tribe out, didn't they?
To make a script maker like that, or to basically build a tribe around these forums, only to say "well, we left now and all this stuff is coming with us, cya!" Is majorly disrespectful to me.

A hand full of players built up all this and took care of it with a major part of their expensive time every day. Some of us finally returned to the real life which is more important than anything else and even less old players stayed to try and safe what was lost long before we left. And you as one of the newest players in this family think that you know us and that you can tell us what to do or not?
There is nothing nameable left of the real PWC family and least but not last:
THIS IS A GAME, NOTHING ELSE!

...better visit a psychologist to take care of your loss of reality and get back to real life, seeing what´s really important.

...sorry, but I couldn´t keep this for me...
Period - Poker
arsenal208 02.03.2011 22:29:09 quote -

You said yourself that the server is for other things besides the pwc part. To do just these forums and sipho it wouldnt cost anywhere near 130 a month to run/host.

Im well aware that this is a game, and as such i can get involved as much or as little as id like. To get mad at me for taking this game seriously just shows the rest of the members here that Take it seriously as well how you view us.
To play any game for 3 years and not take it seriously makes me laugh. And then to quit and make a comment like that to the ones who take it serious. Another slap in our face.

Ill add more when i get on my computer.

~edit~

Ok, now I am on my computer and can actually respond. I play this game as a way to "get away" from real life and enjoy the different aspects of this game. I strive to be a better player and can only hope that the tribe I am apart of, and it's members, are doing the same.

You quit on us, no matter what the reason is, you left. You, as a collective you (the council), decided it would be a great idea to declare war on INSO, you made the number 2 player in the world hit delete, you were rolling through samp18 and deadfrog, INSO was scared, you could see it on the forums.

They come back and start turning it out a little, and most of you quit. Whatever reason it was. The timing was horrendous. Glam wanted to quit as well, from what she's told me, but didn't because she didn't want the tribe to disintegrate.

I fully respect what she has done since you all decided to throw this **** on her, but it doesn't change the fact that the tribe was built around these forums, and this way of doing things. Only for you to come and pull the plug and not even let someone else try to save it.

To run a dedicated server is different then simply hosting and running this forum and everything attached to it.

To tell me that I should visit a psychologist to take care of my loss of reality, just shows how stupid you are and for that, you can go yourself. INSO made you their and it shows in how this tribe handled itself and where your account stands.

Go make more excuses on why you have no time for TW and be sure to keep my name out of your mouth.
lightening213 03.03.2011 00:17:45 quote -
LOL
glamazonia 03.03.2011 04:27:29 quote -
I am sick to my stomach right now at merely how you have addressed Pokerface1712. You have no idea who this great man is and was to this tribe.. there is no way in hell you would ever speak to him or about him this way if you had any clue of his character and what he has given to this tribe. And lightening.. wtf? this is funny?
glamazonia 03.03.2011 04:37:27 quote -
I want you all to take one last glance at the Hall of Fame and see who is listed 2nd in ranking and tell me he is not an outstanding player (aside from the full time job he did in the forum) Peter is only ranked above him due to the MC war which he was fighting on his own against PWC.

I thank god that Pipe is not around to see what's going on here.
arsenal208 03.03.2011 05:00:52 quote -
"glamazonia" wrote:
I am sick to my stomach right now at merely how you have addressed Pokerface1712. You have no idea who this great man is and was to this tribe.. there is no way in hell you would ever speak to him or about him this way if you had any clue of his character and what he has given to this tribe. And lightening.. wtf? this is funny?

"glamazonia" wrote:
I want you all to take one last glance at the Hall of Fame and see who is listed 2nd in ranking and tell me he is not an outstanding player (aside from the full time job he did in the forum) Peter is only ranked above him due to the MC war which he was fighting on his own against PWC.

I thank god that Pipe is not around to see what's going on here.

Didn't poker say it was "just a game"? why would you get so sick to your stomach? He quit. plain and simple. For him to come back and the bash players who treat this game seriously is disrespectful. Whether you agree or not is fine, you are entitled to your opinion.

and since we aren't holding back I guess, you should probably stop hanging off of his nuts.

What he did is in the past, this tribe is nothing like what you were all apart of, or so you say. So why get upset now when I call him out on something. I wonder how many support tickets were sent in for Poker logging into pipe's account.

well you can see it for yourself...more allegation of cheating...by PWC, and looks like a real nasty divorce between aresenal208 and glam...let the countdown begin!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser61110

wow to much reading other then that its a great read

DeletedUser45372

quote tags would be a wonderful thing... I've already read all this though... 3 PWC members sent me info on skype, I couldn't stop laughing.

To the mods... Pipe-TRC and Pokerface, sharing login information, that should be a ban/loss of villages!

I love the people who are defending poker though, how brainwashed are you people?!?!? HE TURNED HIS BACK ON ALL OF YOU MORONS... He got you into a war that he knew you could not win, and when the tides turned against PWC, he ran off like a little kid, scared of the big bad INSO. He came up with many excuses as to WHY he left, but think realistically. You do something for 3+ years, and now, all of a sudden, "Ooops!, no time to play anymore! real life kicked in!" Talk about shit lines to throw out at people, and to top it off, the tribe bought it!

Glam and others are still, as arsenal pointed out, swinging from the nuts, yet they were all thrown into this mess. Glam has neglected her account to help everyone else, she isn't playing the game for herself, she is playing it for the rest of the tribe... I know when the time comes and we are on Glam's doorstep, she is going down faster than a drunk Dominican with too much alcohol.

pokerface1712

I can´t believe...

I can´t believe that you are still flooding the forum with propaganda lies. :icon_rolleyes:

To clarify things for the remaining members of the original PWC:
Noely, Shrek, Don´t hesitate to write the admins, I already hit "delete" on my own account some days ago and pipe and I met that day, so I used the chance to write something in our external forum" while he was logged in and I openly wrote that I was speaking.

I didn´t touch anything "ingame".

Do whatever you like, I don´t care at all :icon_wink:

DeletedUser45372

I can´t believe that you are still flooding the forum with propaganda lies. :icon_rolleyes:

Noely, Shrek, Don´t hesitate to write the admins, I already hit "delete" on my own account some days ago and pipe and I met that day, so I used the chance to write something in our external forum" while he was logged in and I openly wrote that I was speaking.

Do whatever you like, I don´t care at all :icon_wink:

Quoted so mods can see that you have access to 2 accounts.

Dont get mad at me because Danny flipped out on you and glam.

DeletedUser

Disgusting.
Gosh, hey look, its a dead girl next to the highway, her mother is crying over her, her friends' remainings are scattered around, lets stop and watch!
Hey look, a famous person,lets hope they do crack,or,die,or something.

That is my example for the reaction of the forum.
Who cares what happens,it happened, quarrels inside the tribe,etc etc.
Mind the game, mind the noblings, I'm tired of seeing dirt thrown on the forums only.

DeletedUser45372

Disgusting.

Mind the game, mind the noblings, I'm tired of seeing dirt thrown on the forums only.

the forums are where the dirt is meant to be thrown...

DeletedUser

I know when the time comes and we are on Glam's doorstep, she is going down faster than a drunk Dominican with too much alcohol.

Noely by god..you have to warn me before you post this stuff...i just spit coke all over my monitor...i couldn't even stop laughing to clean it up...and my wife think i have finally flipped out.!

Originally Posted by Chansclo
Disgusting.

you..sound like a Chihuahua with a head cold...so stop gripeing.!

I can´t believe...
I can´t believe that you are still flooding the forum with propaganda lies.

Do whatever you like, I don´t care at all

say what you will...it came from your forums...and PWc talks about inso cheating. hypocrits!

and one more thing....yes quote tags..i'll remember for the next one...

and lastly...DANG I"M GOOD! i just posted this yesterday and look whats happened!

DeletedUser

~PWC~ finally disbands took them long enough not they have been a tribe for a long time now.

pokerface1712

?

Quoted so mods can see that you have access to 2 accounts.

Hmm... I thought that you knew that pipe and I are RL friends and meet every few months in RL.
I didn´t have "access to 2 accounts", I said I used the chance while pipe and I met and he was logged into our external forum (my own account was deleted already), to write some words in our external forum, openly stating that I was speaking... that´s not even like sitting another account and mailing other persons with the introduction "it´s not pipe here, it´s poker, ...".

...I don´t see the point with the access to 2 accounts here...

But if you´re interested, pipe also hit "delete" already.

DeletedUser45372

Hmm... I thought that you knew that pipe and I are RL friends and meet every few months in RL.
I didn´t have "access to 2 accounts", I said I used the chance while pipe and I met and he was logged into our external forum (my own account was deleted already), to write some words in our external forum, openly stating that I was speaking... that´s not even like sitting another account and mailing other persons with the introduction "it´s not pipe here, it´s poker, ...".

...I don´t see the point with the access to 2 accounts here...

But if you´re interested, pipe also hit "delete" already.

Keep running away from INSO

DeletedUser

the forums are where the dirt is meant to be thrown...

the forums are not the place where all the idiots can gather around, throw mud,and make PnP seem like Eden's Garden.They have Jersey Shore for that.
..They should have a psychological exam for each person to have a forum account...

shrek- honestly,i find you and Snooki on the same level.

DeletedUser45372

the forums are not the place where all the idiots can gather around, throw mud,and make PnP seem like Eden's Garden.They have Jersey Shore for that.
..They should have a psychological exam for each person to have a forum account...

So, where do you think all this PnP should take place? Ingame? so the masses cannot enjoy it?

Do you even play anymore? or were you another casualty thanks to INSO... Your name doesn't ring a bell ingame... only as a slight annoyance on the forums.

Psychological exam to have a forum account? most of the people who complain wouldn't pass the simple exam anyway, so you'd be banning yourself.

DeletedUser

well...she has a nicer rack than you.....funny though i post this with info from PWC's own forums and then you all collapse...oh wait thats right...you guys can't find me...so i have ot be a few cells higher than snooki...and most of pwc....

DeletedUser

anything new to share from the internal forums of ~PWC~ ?

DeletedUser45372

~PWC~ disbanded.

Since there are something like 4 splinter tribes that formed from them, if anyone posts info, it can be tracked down easily... maybe a quote here or there.

DeletedUser

anything new to share from the internal forums of ~PWC~ ?

what would be hilarious, is if pwc planned all this, to split and better locate where a spy was. :lol:

hi arsenal, :icon_smile: still thick as a brick i see.

DeletedUser

would work for us considering it made at least 5 players deleted already

DeletedUser

I have been critical of my players when they delete, I criticized marco when he did, and I must do the same with these latest deletions. We all understand RL commitments and we all understand that in older worlds as gameplay accelerates and becomes more and more intrusive to our RL commitments, it may become less fun and more burden. But an account is never really 100% yours even if you have spent a considerable amount of time building it. Part of the success was due to help and support a player has received from tribemates. When the time comes and you no longer have the time to play it, it's time to give back to your tribe one last thing. And, in order of preference, this is what you do:

1) Find a friend of yours to pick up your account; and if you can't do that,
2) Give your account to your tribe (according to the rules of course) so they can find somebody; and if you can't do that,
3) Give them your sit so they can administer it; and if you can't do that,
4) Pump 6 months prem, log out, and never log back in; and if you can't do that,
5) Ask others to send you some prem. You'll be surprised at how many, and despite their better judgement, want to have some fun even as a world is getting towards its "golden years."

Deleting is a decision that is either made out of disrespect to your tribe or under anger, and you should never make irreversible decisions under anger. Pour yourself a Jack, have a smoke, and then click.

DeletedUser45372

I have been critical of my players when they delete, I criticized marco when he did, and I must do the same with these latest deletions. We all understand RL commitments and we all understand that in older worlds as gameplay accelerates and becomes more and more intrusive to our RL commitments, it may become less fun and more burden. But an account is never really 100% yours even if you have spent a considerable amount of time building it. Part of the success was due to help and support a player has received from tribemates. When the time comes and you no longer have the time to play it, it's time to give back to your tribe one last thing. And, in order of preference, this is what you do:

1) Find a friend of yours to pick up your account; and if you can't do that,
2) Give your account to your tribe (according to the rules of course) so they can find somebody; and if you can't do that,
3) Give them your sit so they can administer it; and if you can't do that,
4) Pump 6 months prem, log out, and never log back in; and if you can't do that,
5) Ask others to send you some prem. You'll be surprised at how many, and despite their better judgement, want to have some fun even as a world is getting towards its "golden years."

Deleting is a decision that is either made out of disrespect to your tribe or under anger, and you should never make irreversible decisions under anger. Pour yourself a Jack, have a smoke, and then click.

One of the best posts ive read on .net.