The end for Raven

ravensbane3468

Well, its a sad day for me. I had to finally admit to myself last night that I have not been able to keep promises to myself regarding limits on playing this darn game.

Given my situation in the game, I found myself spending upwards of 10 hours a day on this game, tagging, incomings, moving defense, building walls, etc. Way past what a person in my RL position should spend - father, husband, lawyer, etc.

So, I finally had to be honest with myself last night. Something had to change. I've not been able to keep limits on this game, so I must leave.

For the record, I could be saying "I'm leaving for RL". But, that is not 100% accurate now, is it? The constant pressure from 10 or more Storm have broken me. Had I been a better person, I could have set limits, done better time management. But, I'm not and I didn't. So, I must leave.

I'm so thankful to so many people who have helped make this world the fun and exciting experience it has been. Too many to name names, but you know who you are.

Its been an honor and blessing to get to know so many of you - to battle with and against you - PnP and ingame. Thank you for the experience of "you"!

I'll be checking in on PnP now and again just to see how things are going.

Now, where did I put that child of mine... i know I have more than one... I gotta go throw the football with him.

bawbagwullie

Goodbye and goodluck.

Your an honourable player and it was fun trying to take your villages..... well done on the ODD.:icon_neutral:

deadsocks

Are you really so unable to limit your playing time to half an hour a day that you must leave the whole game?
Half an hour, 10 minutes, or even 20 seconds a day would be better than going cold turkey (at least, that's what I tell myself when I annoy Azi by spending 2 minutes a day demolishing all his workshops) at a time when your tribe and allies are in such a dire need.
Part of me doesn't want a good PnPer to leave this place which is increasingly becoming a personality desert, and another part sees no fun in fighting people who quit...
So give it some thought, and good luck in real life regardless of whether you decide to vanish forever.

DeletedUser

Staying for 20 mins/day would do no good for any side.

All the best to ya Raven, RL comes first. You're interesting to have around in a world.

Bo-John-bo

Sorry to see you go Raven, I enjoyed reading your posts.

Good luck in rl

ravensbane3468

Are you really so unable to limit your playing time to half an hour a day that you must leave the whole game?
Half an hour, 10 minutes, or even 20 seconds a day would be better than going cold turkey (at least, that's what I tell myself when I annoy Azi by spending 2 minutes a day demolishing all his workshops) at a time when your tribe and allies are in such a dire need.
Part of me doesn't want a good PnPer to leave this place which is increasingly becoming a personality desert, and another part sees no fun in fighting people who quit...
So give it some thought, and good luck in real life regardless of whether you decide to vanish forever.

I wish that I could. I have tried setting time limits over and over. The have not stuck for me. Eventually, I"ll be moments from logging off and incoming will start coming in - or I'll loose track of time, or start enjoying myself too much, or say "just this once" - whatever the excuse, its just not good enough.

Sometimes, you just have to be honest with yourself and look in the mirror. I have faults and limitations as a human. The reason I never tried cocaine is that if its as good as they say, I'd be homeless, giving men oral for a hit. I'd rather NOT - so I don't go there.

When it comes to this game, I enjoy it too much. Fighting Storm has been more fun than I could say no to. I've missed time with my sons, my wife, not returned client calls - its not who I wish to be as a person.

For those who can enjoy this game and not sacrifice things in RL that you want - I admire your self control. I envy you in fact!

I know I could hold out for weeks more vs. Storm <unless the big one comes>. Perhaps a sitter will continue that for a while.

Its not that I saw a hopeless situation. Loosing villages really didn't bother me. What did bother me was that I saw myself unable to stop putting in 10 hour days which were necessary to maintain my level of play.

DeletedUser

Best of luck raven. It has been an honor.and yes the big one was planned for u. Infact I thnk its today? At any rate I'm sure it will take a bit for those few to rim u. I do hope u stop by and keep us enjoying your posts.

GG
wIz.

DeletedUser75670

Sad to see you go, never really knew you until recently but I have the same problem with time management!
Best of luck in RL.

DeletedUser

This is going in my profile :D

ROFL!!!

(y)

Sad to see you go raven,We had lot of fun,lot of fight,lot of dispute,But you being a nice mate and a nice ennemy,I will for sure miss you,and you got all my respect.

Wish you the best in RL,and if ytou choose to come back one day,you know my skype,^^

see ya bros:icon_cool:

DeletedUser

Raven gone

Awwwww man I just got the guys together to have a op on ya. I must say you are one of my most favorite opponents. It has been a privilege and a pleasure to fight you. I only wish you had joined us instead of choosing to fight us. I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and how you played the game.

Your family will be glad to have you back. No game is worth the price of losing what you hold most dear. Well done and good luck man, You will be missed.

Donovan

DeletedUser

well i will say out of all my enemys u were by far the best i fought good luck raven.

DeletedUser54677

See ya. You know where to find me if you want to chat sometime, mate.