The Evolution of PNP

DeletedUser

So heres some food for thought since the forums these days are basically a combination of Zombie/Punch/top20rank posters droning on and on.

How, in your most modest of opinions, believe that forum and war pnp has evolved since the first few worlds on this server? On this world pnp is very boring and dull and uncreative (aside from Amane's dec. a few weeks back) but this is just one world. I've seen really funny ones and i've seen really crap ones. Aren't there any photoshop gurus on this world to make some good ones or did they all die out or play diff worlds. Ovbi the amount of time we spend on this game is shown through our skill and resolve, but no time to make the political aspect more enveloping?

Aside from that, i will say all in all it has gotten better, back on world 3,4,5 for awhile it was INCREDIBLY boring.

Your thoughts :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Eh, from my experiences PnP quality has gone down. The only people I know still playing that are decent at PnP are Bloodhood and Sellsword.

DeletedUser

One thing is certain, this worlds PnP thus far has been dismal. I sure hope it will heat up...

DeletedUser37628

I didn't used to read externals, so I am not one to judge how the PnP is compared to in the past, but the externals here seem like a load of poop most of the time so far :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

PnP quality is still there for some.

just look at the latest one for w39!!!

DeletedUser93357

Thats UBM for you though, even he doesn't really play anymore

DeletedUser

Havent really been on a worlds pnp forum since w30 i think so cant tell wether all newer worlds are like this but compared to the earlier worlds at this stage (obviously with so few players left in them now they are bound to be boring) There where alot more varying topics. Tbh its very boring just reading about ZOMBIE and PUNCH players arguing back and fourth. i would very much welcome other people and other subjects to be here. The way this forum is now it feels like the world is already on its last breath forumwise.

Deleted User - 3135

So heres some food for thought since the forums these days are basically a combination of Zombie/Punch/top20rank posters droning on and on.

How, in your most modest of opinions, believe that forum and war pnp has evolved since the first few worlds on this server? On this world pnp is very boring and dull and uncreative (aside from Amane's dec. a few weeks back) but this is just one world. I've seen really funny ones and i've seen really crap ones. Aren't there any photoshop gurus on this world to make some good ones or did they all die out or play diff worlds. Ovbi the amount of time we spend on this game is shown through our skill and resolve, but no time to make the political aspect more enveloping?

Aside from that, i will say all in all it has gotten better, back on world 3,4,5 for awhile it was INCREDIBLY boring.

Your thoughts :)

Do you mean at the start of worlds 3-5? Because I quite liked them. World 4 in particular was actually very good. Then it hit a new phase of awesomeness once world 6 came.

I also completely agree. This forum seems to only be arguing factions of Punch! and Zombie. That is probably the limiting factor.

DeletedUser

Eh, from my experiences PnP quality has gone down. The only people I know still playing that are decent at PnP are Bloodhood and Sellsword.

Don't you think it's possible that your own quality, and therefore expectations of others, has gone up?

DeletedUser

Yes blood at start. Slys world 4 forum antics were legend.

I dunno what to say guys, the politics of this game is what keeps me going. Without it this game is merely a series of human run programs droning on without a valid or worthy point. How can top ranked players not care about what their accomplishing and express it thw only way we can.

Give me the 'i have no time' excuse but if you have plus forty vills and a co this excusr will fall on deaf ears.

someone please grow a pair and start something new

DeletedUser

On this world everything is drowned out by the 2-3 groups of people constantly trying to fight about who is better than the other, which is actually very boring to watch happen.

On a whole I think people take this game much more differently than they used to. I remember on the older worlds, which I played for a little, people really didn't know what they were doing compared to all the things needed to keep up today, and I think that difference translates to the forums.

DeletedUser

General problem imho is number of trolls. It takes time to make a decent PnP declaration for example, but your return is mostly nothing.
First 20 posters will either say "this is so gay and bad" or will go will a "cool story bro gl to both sides" line.
And when it comes to arguments, good pnp'rs usually get drowned within pool of stupidity where everyone is ignoring facts and are just throwing mud around.

DeletedUser

Don't you think it's possible that your own quality, and therefore expectations of others, has gone up?

Probably, but that would just mean everyone was bad from the start. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

And when it comes to arguments, good pnp'rs usually get drowned within pool of stupidity where everyone is ignoring facts and are just throwing mud around.

But surely that is what half the forum is about? You have the brilliant posters for example, bloodhood, sellsword and calmir, who post well constructed reasoned arguments. And then you've got the not so great propaganda spreading posters like baddestmf. For example bloodhood will go through all the facts listing them all rationally, baddest will lie by omission and post a load of bias rubbish (propaganda).

But this world has been increasingly boring recently in terms of PnP. It feels like there are little other tribes in the world other than (ex)~Glad~, Punch! and Zombie.

DeletedUser62954

if you guys want some forum activity, we could start flaming ampac again? that seems to get a lot of response from everyone :p

HeftySmurf

make a thread titled "ampac/maker73, the most disgusting player in the game" and ramble about how pluto are silly enough to make him a leader :D