The Flame Dragons-Phoenix War Crimes Court

DeletedUser92

Look, I know that we've been arguing over who won the KNT-THE war for a long time, but you can't seriously think that THE "defeated every opponent it faced." I mean, THE allowed a little seed to survive that eventually grew into the #1 tribe in the world.

I really hate to say it, but facts are facts. You guys only had that ratio because we were busy taking Ori over, while you cleaned K43 out of our players. Some of them were good players! But...In the end, it comes down to one thing:

KNT surrendered and accepted our terms.

Now, looking back, was this a mistake? Yes. Rest assured, my friend, I am not making that mistake on W30. And, there were many within THE who wanted to keep fighting, but we decided it best to let it go and to rebuild. We should have kept pushing, because I firmly believe that at the time, there is no way KNT could have stopped us. You guys simply didn't have the experience.

When TRE fought KNT, it was a different ball game altogether.

DeletedUser

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. We think it could've been possible.

DeletedUser92

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. We think it could've been possible.

I mean, that's how it it works if you're watching Deadliest Warrior, in particular the episode where a Samurai fights a Viking. They never met in combat throughout their history, so its all semantic.

THE and KNT met in combat. THE suffered initial losses while it fought Ori. After Ori was defeated, KNT surrendered to THE. THE, therefore, won. As history showed, KNT made the right move and THE didn't. Whether the war, if it continued, may have seen KNT win and THE lose doesn't matter one bit. The war had a defined outcome, and anything else is counter-factual.

It'd be me saying "THE would be #1 on W8 right now if we never merged with REL." I think its very possible, but that's not how it went. Its just not. I can believe it, but I can't support it as fact. THE on W8 merged into REL to form TRE, which effectively died.

DeletedUser

JP, you won that battle. In the end, you lost the war. Your tribe disbanded befoe KNT did. It is your own fault for allowing them to surender, so in effect you killed yourselves by not killing all opposition. Some will say KNT were lucky. I say they were clever to surrender when they saw little chance of winning. Taking a hit to your pride and rebuilding stronger isn't allways a bad idea - look where it has got them.

DeletedUser92

If by "battle" you mean "The war THE fought with KNT while it was fighting Ori," and by "war" you mean "..." I don't know, I can't think of a good substitute, then sure.

It was a war, THE won it. A later war that TRE fought was lost, yes. TRE was not THE.

On the other hand, Zew, you're right. I never should have accepted command of REL and THE at the same time. In retrospect, I should have told DTATDM he would have to promote from within. That would have helped contain the conflict between THE's leadership (Vis-a-vis Parrot) that was damaging us, and may have made it sustainable.

In retrospect, THE merging into REL was a mistake. And one I acknowledged a long time ago. That's why on W30, we don't merge! That's also why, on W30, we don't let up the pressure on a damaged enemy and we don't NAP one group while fighting another if that group screws us. We just declare on them and start taking villages.

So, yes. I/THE/Bloc/Whoever didn't "win" W8 by the definition of being the last tribe/tribes standing. So what? We had fun, we learned, and now we're having more fun. That's victory, to me. Maybe it wasn't always, but it is now. And I think my current definition is better.

DeletedUser

Imagine if the KNT and THE prewar time where merging :icon_wink: that was ur chance to regain k44.

DeletedUser3967

Oh well, you learn off your mistakes.

It happened, we did it, we can't change it.